twenty

London, England
November 12th
1966

London, EnglandNovember 12th 1966

Isabelle woke up at the harsh patter coming from downstairs, she nudged George anxiously and the man swatted her shoving hand away before sitting up straight when she called out his name in a frantic whisper.

"W-What?" he blubbered breathily while wiping the sleep from his tired eyes, the bags underneath them indicated his non stop graft at the studio for the past three months.

"There's a noise coming from downstairs" Isabelle hissed and George patted her hip before standing up and making his way down the stairs slowly. Isabelle rushed after him a second later, "It's coming from the front room"

George nodded tiredly and they stood in the livingroom in silence for a moment before the knocking began again.

"It's just the door" George muttered and then opened the door slowly. It was barely two in the morning it could be anyone really. What if it was a crazy fan? He tried to hide his fear and act tough infront of his wife but she noticed his hand shaking slightly and held in a small laugh.

"Hullo- Paul? What the hell are you doing?" George spat, his friend glared and stepped inside, "Good evening Miss Vaughan" he nodded while sitting down the on the couch "Miss Harrison sorry" he waved when he noticed George's upset pout.

"What are you doing here Paul? I'm shattered and so is George"

"Jane's thrown one of her fits again, something about wanting marriage and children"

Isabelle rolled her eyes. Paul wasn't very nice to Jane. In the beginning they were so in love and now they were fighting every week. He cheated on her and refused to fulfill any of her wishes, simple things like being home for dinner or warning her when he wouldn't make it home for dinner- And everytime they argued he would come to see George and moan about how annoying and unappealing she was being. Isabelle wanted to hear how Jane really felt, because more likely it was Paul in the wrong.

She stormed back off to her bedroom and George groaned, "Issy he's just leaving!" the man called urgently.

"I'm going to have to stay tonight, sorry mate" Paul responded while pulling one of Isabelle's knitted blankets over his lap as he lay back on the crushed velvet sofa, his large eyelashes that most were jealous of landed on the top of his rosey cheeks.

George didn't say anything just followed his wife along the corridor and  furrowed his brows when he heard Isabelle talking on the phone.