ten

Liverpool England,
24th January
 1960

Isabelle grinned when the bell had rung

Isabelle grinned when the bell had rung. It had been snowing non-stop for weeks and she had barely been able to leave, never mind walk halfway across town to meet up with Maureen.

Her grin fell slightly when she opened and saw a familiar head of hair. George smiled at her politely.

"Are the boys here?" he asked hesitantly, she nodded turning to look up the stairs, "John, love!" she called before hearing a quiet "shut up" from John, the two boys walked dowhat - she concluded.

"Apparently the Hurricanes are playing tonight, Issy" John grinned wiggling his eyebrows, "Oooooo! I can meet your small friend then Ivy?" she asked looking at him with her big blue eyes and a pouted lip, George wanted nothing more than to lean in and kiss her-

After a small argument between John and Ivan who insisted Ringo wasn't that small he finally caved. "Fine! Just don't follow me around!" Ivan yelled making John smirk, "Hey maybe Pete will actually play tonight?" he questioned, George nodded "That would be gear, but i doubt he'll show" he shrugges falling onto the couch next to the girl.

"What's wrong with Pete?" she asked quietly, John laughed, "He's shite is whats wrong! I reckon you'd be a better drummer" he paused turning to smirk at Ivan, "She's not joining the band!" he insisted.

𖣘

"Hello darling" Isabelle sung as she caught Maureen about to walk into the Club, the girl grinned hugging her friend, the boys arrived a minute after.

"Mo" Ivan waved before patting the girl's shoulder, "Alright Ivy, Paul" she nodded, walking past George with a glare. Isabelle blushed when the boy glanced at her with a raised eyebrow and a slight smirk.

"Let's go then" Isabelle smiled awkwardly walking in after her friend. "She hates you mate" Paul laughed and Ivan joined in when George glared at them both.

Once inside Isabelle grinned. She always felt at home when she was in the Cavern, the bodies dancing, the music booming and the drinks seemed to keep on coming.

After an hour, her brother's group of friends had all disappeared and were speaking to some other group of boys in the corner, and she'd gone up to get another drink, Maureen ran over.

"You have to meet Ringo!" she shoutrd over the music, Isabelle giggled at the girls loved-up expression.

Maureen was always slightly closed off when it came to feelings, it always annoyed Isabelle when she teased her about boys but she couldn't do it back. It made her just as excited to meet the boy seeing how happy the girl was.

"Whats he like then?" the blonde laughed when her friend slapped her on the arm and tugged her over to the booth.

Maureen let go of her hand and slid in casually, and rather close to a older looking boy who couldn't stop laughing loudly at something George had come out with. Infact he seemed more into George than Maureen at first glance but that also gave Isabelle a sense of comfort.

That was because John always had Paul, Ivan was close with Mike, but George almost floated around and it often came off as if the group were ganging up on him. But now he could have a bestfriend, who would protect him and be on his side for a change.

Isabelle grinned at the thought.

She also held in a laugh at John's distate when George asked Ringo to play for them later that night.

The blonde didn't get introduced to the fellow blue-eyed boy mainly because Ivan was too stubborn to let her be-friend another one of his mates. So it wasn't until the boys went to rehearse did she finally speak to him.

"Are you Paul's bird?" he called over the table, the girl couldn't hear from the music and slid across to be near him. He repeated his question.

Isabelle laughed "no, I'm Ivan's sister" she grinned, "Isabelle" the girl added, he nodded and blushed slightly at his mistake.

"Im Ringo" he introduced himself before taking a sip, "You're real name?" she questioned, he shook his head laughing loudly "who in their right mind would name their child Ringo?" the girl blushed just like he had a minute prior. "It's Richard...only me mum calls me tha' though" he said gently almost assuring her it was okay it was okay.

The girl nodded, "You're friends with George?" she asked, "Oh yeah! We met in Hamburg"

That's when she remembered the stories George had been going on about.

"Oh" she seemed to falter, Ringo grinned his usual grin, "He really likes you" he said casually taking another sip, the girl's eyes grew wide, "No-"

"You like him too, it's obvious!" he cheered, getting her another drink.

"Ringo let's go!" Paul shouted from behind the stage and the boy began to run off.

"I better go, John already hates me, don't want to be late and make it worse, ay?" he teased, the girl laughed, "he hates most people Richie" she reminded before strolling off before she could see him grin.

-
Ringo is here!!!

              Also a quick disclaimer hopefully you  don't mind but i have changed  Isabelle's face claim from Twiggy to Pattie Boyd :))

written: 21/01/21