eighteen

London, England
March 23rd,
1966

London, England March 23rd,1966

"Bang Bang!"

Isabelle fell dramatically a hand holding her heart as she let her tounge fall to the corner of her mouth in fake death. Julian laughed loudly before he frowned walking over and shaking the woman's shoulder, "Auntie" he whispered nudging her again. His two small hands came to cover his mouth, the toy gun falling to the ground with a quiet patter on the cream carpet. "Aunti-"his voice caught off into a  scream when her hands came to pull at his legs and let him fall on the floor, her manicured figures digging into his stomach and making him laugh boystrously at the tickling sensation.

Cynthia smiled softly from the sofa her hands clasped in her lap, "Your father should be home soon...any minute- and the others" she confirmed, in her usual angel like tone, Julian hummed standing from his spot and pretending to shoot the window with his toy gun, "Trust Richie to get you a gun eh?" Isabelle teased poking his cheek as she walked down the corridor towards the bathroom, she heard Cynthia laughing at the sound of her son's remark of "who's richie? Ringo got me this!"

The blonde lady was rinsing the soap from her hands when the front door opened, "Just be confident-" "I still think he should've sung her tha' song Macca" they whispered.

"I wasn't actually going to sing, it was just a joke Lenny!" George hissed a hand messing up his hair before he stepped into the living room and
over the incoming toy train.

"Theres the big fella!" Paul cheered throwing Julian in his arms, Cynthia gasped at something before she shoved George's hand away from her and pointed to the door, the man spun so he was facing his girlfriend with a smile.

Isabelle smiled at the group who all stared at her, "What's happening?" she asked with a small laugh, George pecked her cheek with a shake of his head.

"Nothin' you ready?" he offered to take her bag before waving to the group and tugging her out, "Bye Jules!" she grinned waving at the boy who was perched on the windowsill.

He waved back "Bye auntie Issy!" hsi voice called, watching the woman climb into George's Ford and her small hand reach to twist the nob and switch on the radio.

George himself stood by his own door for a second before sliding in with a tight lipped expression, "How was work?" he asked and listened as his girlfriend rambled on about the drama in her department at work, about how the people on the emergency operations level seemed to think they were better than the maternity ward.

"I would never use the excuse that I know you's lott, but desperate times call for desperate measures Georgie-" he cackled loudly "-and so I told Anna  and I said, that I knew Paul McCartney and if course she didn't believe me! So I pulled up the photos from Ringo and Mo's wedding and then she backed off" Isabelle finished with a smile at the memory of her coworker's surprised expressions and jealous sneers when she revealed she personally knew all four Beatles.

Once they arrived at their flat George ran to get to the door first making the blonde giggle at his childish movements. He ran up the steep staircase and entered their block, letting the door open slightly before pointing at his partner, "Close your eyes" he demanded softly she shook her head in confusion but did it, before opening one and making the man slam the door shut again.

"Issy!" he whined his palms coming to clasp over her eyes, he walked her inside and stood her in the centre of the livingroom.

"I know you were gutted about your parents going on holiday without warning-"

She was annoyed because it meant she, and George this time, couldn't go for her usual monthly visit to Liverpool. He usually couldn't come because of his hectic schedule and tiredness but he ahd finally agreed to go, and then it got cancelled at the last minute.

"-I had plans do give you this there, down the Cavern but obviously the univers is against us so-" she giggled at his annoyed tone of voice trying to push his hands away "Georgie what is it!" she gasped excitedly.

His hands came off her eyes and she stared at him with wide eyes, the box in his hands held the biggest ring she had ever seen, worth more than her house back home and more than anything she had ever bought herself.

"Geo" she said in shock. Her eyes watered obnoxiously making her boyfriend grin.

"I've loved you since we met on that bus to Blackpool! And I loved you everytime I saw you in the crowd, i've loved you since you were our only fan...even when I said otherwise. You were the forst girl I ever loved Isabelle Vaughan and I want you to be the last" he paused his own eyes filling with tears of anxiousness.

He had kept the ring at the studio for the past month thoughts spiriling his head constantly. What if she said no? What if he left her for another rocker- he knew Mick Jagger fancied her - he had told him hwo 'utterly beautiful that blonde babe at the bar was' one night in the studio - and George also knew she fancied Peter Tork she admitted oen night as they watched his show on catch up! So what was stopping her from running off with one of them? They were just as talented as he was, so why didn't she? After a few weeks, Paul had convinced him after he had gushed about his crumbling relationship with Jane, and John had also helped after George witness one of he and Cynthia's blow out fights about dinner.

Because that proved just how much he and Isabelle were meant to be together, when they were together he wasn't telling her what to do and she wanst beckoning to his every need. They helped eachother, they comunicated and she was the only person ever able to convince him he was worthy. Even when he told himself he was worthless and unnecessary, Isabelle knew otherwise. He couldn't live without her.

"Will you marry me?" he asked quietly his eyes closing in fear, instead she jamp forward embracing him in a hug.

"yes" she whispered nodding her head, her hair brushing his cheek. The guitarist pulled back "really?!" he gasped in astonishment, Isabelle nodded silently through tears, her hands coming up to press against either side of the man's, slightly damp, face.

As they kissed like it was their last time, George pulled the expensive ring from the box and slid it on her dainty finger, "It's beautiful George" Isabelle whispered in disbelief.

"Even more so on you" he promised, kissing the large rock on her ring finger before embracing her in his arms again.

written: 25/02/21