twenty two

London, England
February 25th
1967

George had gotten up early this morning and headed straight to the studio, he wanted to get everything done so that he could celebrate his birthday at home by tonight

But excuse after excuse kept coming up, Paul had plans for a new movie, John had been rifiling on about one of the songs meant alot to him and how he wanted to record a music video back home in Liverpool– which was immediately disgraced by Brian who declared the time they would inevitably waste wouldn't be worth it and would only hold them back in the end. Which caused another hour long argument to occur.

And so when it hit half past eight George had rung Isabelle and told her to come to the studio to celebrate because he wasn't going to get away until the early hours of the next day.

Isabelle had gotten a taxi to the studio and had spoke to two young girls who were waiting outside in the street- hoping to catch a glimpse of the popular band, then she had gotten in a small argument with the woman in reception who had refused to let her upstairs due to her disbelief of the woman's claims of being one of the beatles' wives.

Luckily Paul had been on a phone call in Brian's office- probably to that American lady he had met last year- And then he had led her upstairs with a confused frown when the woman didn't speak very much, she was always blubbering on about something.

"Hello love!" Isabelle grinned and moved to hug Ringo tightly.

The man patted her back and then nodded to the side room, "He's recording something just now so you'll have to wait dear"

The woman shrugged and sat back on the, extremely worn out, leather sofa with a tired groan.

Paul was unbothered by her presence but Ringo seemed thrown off. She seemed different and never in his life had he ever seen her look so eaten up by her feelings.

"What's John up to then?" Isabelle tried to hide her nervousness and clasped her clammy hands in her lap.

Paul chuckled with a shake of his head and a shake of his finger but didn't respond to her query which probably meant John was up to something that Isabelle wouldn't have liked. She dropped the topic.

"Will George be long?" she begged, tapping her foot on the tiled floor anxiously. "No- he- uhm shouldn't be long- Paul can I speak to you about that drum solo?" the eldest man nodded to the corridor and Paul hummed. "What solo Rings? we don't give you solo-" Ringo tugged him into the hallway.

"Something is wrong with Issy" the man whispered in concern.

"She just misses George, she's alwys loved being aroudn him, can't survive without 'im" Paul concluded dramatically and Ringo smacked his arm, "Stop being rude Paul- something is really wrong, what if she knows about the drugs or you know all the women that come by?"

Paul looked down nervously for a second before shrugging, "Maybe she just misses him- And even if she does know about all that fun stuff it's not like George gets up to much anyways he leaves in a huff as soon as a girl sets foot inside 'ere" He then nudged the drummers hand from his arm. "I have things to do, if you're really concerned you go talk to her...aren't you two best friends?" Paul asked with a teasing smirk.

"Well- George gets mad when I'm alone with her- He really thinks I fancy her? She's like a little sister-"

"That seems like a you problem- I'm going to go find John and record his shocking egg song"

𖣘

"Hello Issy" Ringo smiled tightly and placed the cup of tea infront of her along with a small plate of rich tea biscuits. Isabelle smiled back and blew on the rim of the mug to cool it down. "Are you uhm- are you doing okay? You seem-"

"Something has changed- I plan on telling George tonight-" she was cut off by the man "You can't leave him Issy! He'll be heartbroken- the girls that come by they're John's and Paul's George would never touch any of them! He always leaves when they arrive, drives home to spend the night with you and-"

"I'm not leaving him!" Isabelle spat, the side door opened and George appeared with a confused smile as he stared at the two people closest to him. "Whats going on?" he questioned while placing his guitar in its case on the floor, he left it unclosed and came to peck the side of his wife's head.

"I- have your present- can I give it to you somewhere private"

"Go on Georgie" John declared a she entered the room, Isabelle punched his arm as he walked past and the man clasped his sore arm with a boisterous laugh.

George followed his wife down the hall at a quick pace. "What's going on why are you acting so strange-"

"I-here" she stuttered and handed him a small box, he sat leaned against the wall to open it and she leant opposite him in the corridor and stared at the man infornt of her with hands clasped over her mouth to keep in her sobs.

George faltered with his unwrapping of the present and reached put to console the woman but she demanded, rather harshly, that he continue on opening. The man did so quickly not wanting to upset the woman any more than she already visibly was.

Inside the small white cardboard was two tiny little shoes one pink and one blue. The man stared at them in confusion and then looked up at Isabelle who jamp forward to hug him. "We're having a baby George! Look they're little baby shoes for our little one-"

"A baby!?" He bellowed with a grin gripping his wife's shoulders and turning her to face him again, the woman grinned back "You're happy?"

He nodded blissfully pulling her in for another embrace, "Why wouldn't I be happy?" he asked but didn't wait for her answer already taking her hand and pulling her back along the corridor. He slammed the door open and John yelped angrily "Paul's busy recording wi-"

"I'm going to be a dad!" George exclaimed, the bassist gasped from behind the glass recording booth and then practically ran over to embrace Isabelle and George lovingly. "A little mini Harrison?" John asked while patting George's back in congratulations. "I knew it! Zak will loev the little 'un" Ringo called and hugged Isabelle excitedly and pulled back to begin looking down at her, non existent, baby bump.

"You did not know it Starkey" Paul mocked "When will it be due?!" he added and Isabelle laughed, "Find out tomorrow hopefully-"

George clapped and hugged the woman once more, swaying them from side to side.

"A little baby- I'll be a dad" he stated succumbing to the bliss he felt as he refuse to let go of his wife and the tiny little form within her.

written: 25/06/21