twenty four

London, England
august 23rd
1967

"You look about ready to explode-"

"Paul!" Linda scolded with a small apologetic smile sent to Isabelle, who held in a laugh at the man's confused look, "I-I meant like- ye look gorgeous Issy- I forgot you were even up the duff, ye don't look it one bit!" Paul exclaimed with a charming grin, Isabelle then nodded somewhat awkwardly glancing at her obvious bump and then back at the man with a raised brow, Paul walked off towards the men who stood gathered in the corner.

Isabelle and Linda stood silently for a moment, before the American opened her mouth to talk "It's nice to meet you...I felt like maybe none of the wives would like me, but Paul said Izzy would because she was the nicest-" she mocked his voice which made Isabelle giggle along before she interrupted.

"Why wouldn't we like you?!" Isabelle scoffed placing a hand on the blonde's forearm, "How could we not like you!? You're gorgeous! and you have a cute daughter...and you make Paul super happy"

𖣘

"So...do you have any baby names yet Georgie?" Ringo asked curiously while John opened enough bottles of beer for the four of them. George shook his head silently, Paul and him exchanged a look, the younger of the two snatched the beer from John's hand and chugged half of it in one breath. John laughed obnoxiously at it before copying, as if it was a game.

"What's going on with you?" Richard chuckled in disbelief.

George seemed anxious, and he glanced at Paul again– who shook his head in warning.

"George, it's fine!" Paul hissed, then he looked at the two other men and peeked over his shoulder at Yoko who was quickly approaching. "I walked in on George and some groupie while we were filming in Bath-"

The drummer turned to look at his younger band mate, George looked down nervously, one of his hands coming up to wipe his face in frustration.

"Ye'r a scumbag!" Ringo spat, "Y'er lucky i don't call up Ivan right bloody now-" he began to defend his friend, more mike sister-in-law, he wouldn't see Isabelle upset over George ever again. It had happened once and that was enough.

"Don't you dare!" George exclaimed and then waved at someone he recognised as they passed by.

They were all gathered at one of their producer's weddings, Isabelle didn't know the groom nor the bride, and she didn't really want to be there, considering the fact she was about to explode, but it was a lovely reception and it was nice to finally meet Linda and her daughter Heather. It couldn't come at a worse time for George however, because the familiar brunette in the corner giving him eyes was going to get him caught.