twenty six

Liverpool, England,
December 13th
1967

Liverpool, England,December 13th1967

   "Listen Issy...I know he-"

"He's a scumbag Paul!"

Paul buffered for a moment, possibly holding in a chuckle, "-I know...but...look, it's his daughter, he just wants to see her- her first Christmas is soon-" 

Isabelle placed the phone back on the wrack and then turned to face her brother who sat on the couch with his niece gathered against his chest.

"It's going to be alright Issy, i've spoken to Richie and he has all your stuff at his, we'll drive down and get it for you if you keep an eye on the little ones" The blonde smiled greatfully, hugging her brother before pulling back to run a hand across her daughter's head of hair.

"I'm going to let him see her, on Christmas, he- she deserves to see him" Isabelle stated, almost convincing herself it was the correct thing to do, Ivan nodded with a sympathetic smile as he stood and handed Daisy over, "Aslong as Daisy's happy with that eh?" the man asked, bending down to be at level with the baby's face, he pecked her cheek with a grin.

Priscilla stood in the door with a cup of tea and a crying two year old by her feet.

"What's wrong with him-"

"Something about Jamie taking his train-" "Alfie stop crying come on, i'll get you a new train" Ivan interrupted while lifting his second son above his head.

He was a good father, he gave in too easily, and spoiled his kids way too much, but he was a good father. He wanted to give them the life he never got, much to Priscilla's dismay that meant spoiling their son's consistently.

"What about me, what about me?!" James, the four year old, ran in. "I'll get you both a new train, now behave for your auntie Iz okay?" he patted them on the head with his cap before he slid it on and began to walk out with his habd intertwined with his wife's.

They were in love, properly in love. Ivan worked a lot but he made it home in time to put the kids down and eat dinner with his wife, they didn't fight over silly things like that, they didn't have to because they never occured. Isabelle had envied them recently. But if someone deserve to be happy, it was Ivan.

After waving to their parents at the front window, Alfie and James turned to their aunt with smiles.

"See since Daisy is so little, can we maybe, open her presents up for her?" the four year old asked with the same mischevious grin his father had in their childhood. Isabelle couldn't help but let out a laugh. A real one, one of the first real laughs in over a month.

𖣘

Ivan knocked on the door of the Harrison's old apartment and scoffed when he heard fast approaching footsteps.

George buffered at the sight of the man he least wanted to see, "Where is she?" he asked. Ivan scoffed "At home, I came to collect some of Daisy's clothes"

Of course Ringo had gone and forgotten something, apperantly he had only grabbed things for Isabelle and forgotten completely about how quick tiny baby's went through clothes, despite having three of his own.

George nodded letting his brother in law in, "Can- are they okay?" the guitarist begged while leading the man towards the bedroom.

It was untouched, a locket lay on George's side table along with two photoframes, the bed was unmade and the drawers left opened messily.

"Oh their fine Geo!" the banker spat loudly, George looked at him infright. His eyes were bloodshot and bags lay under them. "I- how could you? I trusted you! after everything that happened you promised me you wouldn't hurt her again-"

"Ivan, i'm addicted and I can't get help because everytime I do they judge me- they ask for a picture and then piss off, unbothered. Isabelle would kill me if she found out about the drugs so I- I got them off of this woman that worked on the tour bus, I was drugged out of my head Ivan! I wasn't in the right place-"

"You have a daughter George! You're a grown man, you shouldn't have taken the drugs in the first place" Ivan  retorted, he then pointed towards the chest of drawers.

"Where do you keep her things?"

George tugged one open and began to grab onesies and leggings and anything the baby would need.

"When will I get to see her? Daisy?" he asked hopefully while searching for a bag to gather thing clothes into, "Do you need toys?" he added before Ivan got a chance to respond "No...plenty of those already" the other answered dryly.

George dropped the subject entirely handing the pink bag towards the man, "All of her shampoo, nappies, powder, wipes- are all in there" he pointed and then handed him the duffel bag of clothes.

They walked along the corridor in silence before George interrupted it.

"I will see my daughter on Christmas Ivan" he stated, "And you can tell Ringo and tha' to stop phoning me" he added before sitting back on the sofa with his eyes closed.

"Isabelle said she would think about inviting you up...for new years maybe" Ivan began, feeling bad for the man all of a sudden, then he shook his head "I don't want you there" snapping out of whatever trance the sad man had put over him.

George looked down when the door slammed shut, hot tears running down his cheeks as he stood and stormed out after Ivan urgently.

By the time he had gotten down the stairs Ivan was already seated and putting his belt on, George climbed in the back, "I want to see her"

"Geo- Get out George! move!"

"Ivan- Ivan!" the man yelled over his old pal, "Just- she's my daughter! It's going to be her first Christmas and- please" he begged.

They started at one another shortly, Priscilla placed her hand on Ivan's leg, "You know Issy wants to see him- she just doesn't want to admit it" the woman explained softly. Her husband shook his head, "You don't deserve her" he retorted towards the man in the back seat, "I know" came the musicians reply his eyes still puddlign with tears.

"Then why are you trying so hard?" Ivan's asked, he was scarily quiet in his tone, "Get out of me car Harrison"

George did so unwilling-ly.

He stood on the side of the road and stared up at the darkened sky. He would see his daughter on Christmas.