fourteen

Liverpool England,
February 1st
1963

The months that followed George Harrison's first kiss with Isabelle the man couldn't seem to get her out of his head he couldn't possibly stop thinking about it

Back in London and far away from the girl, he missed her more and more each day. The phone calls they had every night weren't enough for him, the gifts they exchanged through post weren't enough for him.

It hurt, being miles away from home and the girl he loved.

Brian was starting to get annoyed, the release of their new album catching up on them he couldn't deal with a lousy guitarist messing up recordings over some girl, but then again he wouldn't understand.

The night Isabelle opened the door and left a shell-shocked, smug, grin wearing George Harrison stood on her doorstep seemed like so long ago now, after New Year the boy's had gone back to London and were not scheduled to return.

Ivan had also bought a flat up there after getting into a nearby school for Law - he claimed that if any of the boys ever got in trouble for their rock and roll ways he would be there to help. As their first ever manager.

But the girl seemed to stay the same, she had failed to get into the nursing school she had wanted near the Quarry Bank and her parents had tried to convince her to leave Liverpool but she refused. She would not leave her dying father in the arms of her also dying mother, she wouldn't be that kid.

"George do ye' want a punch in the nose cause i'll do it right 'ere!" John yelled his top lip red from the amount of times he had ran through the same section of the song, the boy groaned "I don't know what's gotten into me!" George lied, taking of his guitar off and placing it in his case politely.

"Can we take a break Epstein?" Paul asked, their manager waved him off.

And the three men stormed out and after their fleeting guitarist.

"Oi!" Paul yelled as the boy closed the door in his face, John knocked on it loudly.

"How are you?" George's voice was sounded the three men's ears pressed tight against the door. "I want to see you..." he said loudly, as if interrupting someone. Ringo nudged John motioning to the other landline, the leader smirked running over and lifting the phone off of the wall and holding it to his ear, the other members followed listening in aswell.

Isabelle smiled in disbelief as she fell back onto her bed and twirled a piece of blonde hair around her finger.

"Liverpool's boring without you" she replied blissfully, George chuckled as he paced the office nervously, "London's boring without you"

She giggled, George smiled at the sound, while Paul pretended to throw-up.

"I've never even been to London!" she sat up looking out of the window, "Is it as nice as they say it is?" she asked, George stood by his own window "It's boring without you" he repeated with a cheeky grin, "Georgie!" she whined and he laughed "It is!" the boy insisted.

"I'll need to go soon, Mum gets back from the hairdressers in ten you know how she gets-"

"Will you be coming to visit soon?" George interrupted, she sighed dramatically, "I didn't think you'd want me too...aren't you friends with like Elvis Presley and stuff?" she teased. He shook his head "you know it's John who likes Elvis not me" Isabelle laughed jokingly "I could come up at the weekend maybe? tell mum i'm visiting Ivy" she brainstormed and George had never grinned wider in his life. "Really?! You'd do that?" he asked excitedly.

"What a rebel" Ringo whispered to Paul with a small laugh, the man shook his head in disappointment at the drummer. "We have to tell Ivan" John whispered back.

"What did you say?" Isabelle asked, George frowned "you'd do that for me?" he repeated in confusion, she nodded "I'd do anything for you, George" her answer came.

They bid their goodbyes and John burst out laughing as he forced open the door and caught the youngest Beatle with a fist in the air.

"Excited to see your girlfriend Georgie?" Paul smirked, George glared at them "what did I tell you about listening in on my calls?!" he exclaimed, attempting to ignore the blush that covered his cheeks.

John chuckled "I'm terrified" he replied smartly, the young-in ran a hand across his face.

"You're going to be the death of me Lennon" George muttered lifting a cigarette to his mouth as he peered out of the window and up at the moon, knowing that Isabelle would probably be looking up at the same one was enough to make him grin.

written: 07/02/21