six

Liverpool England,
25th February
1958

Three grueling months the boys had been gone, it was almost as if the whole little town of Liverpool wasnt the same without them

Three grueling months the boys had been gone, it was almost as if the whole little town of Liverpool wasnt the same without them. The Cavern wasn't as popular the fights at the school gates happened less and less. And Isabelle most certainly wasn't the same.

She saw Maureen every Wednesday and had got to meet John's girlfriend Cynthia a few times over the months. Plus visiting the McCartney's to see Mike every Friday night to distract her from the fact that she would normally be at the Cavern.
But one thing that surprised her was the lache of letters.

Her own brother wasn't even writing home to his poor mother and Paul wasn't writing to his little brother or father so they really had no idea where they were or when the boys would be home.

Over the time the friends and family kept putting it off saying 'oh they'll right on Issy's birthday' or 'they'll 'ot to be home next week' but they never did.

Isabelle was obviously a few years younger than the rest of the group so her sixteenth birthday had been deemed very important and obviously she had a great day with her friends but she was really hoping for a letter. Not just from her brother.

But from George.

𖣘

"Get the door Issy! But be careful" her mother cried, the young girl rolled her eyes as she walked over to the door.

"Hello..." she smiled, but it faultered slightly.

"Uhm-"

"We're home!" Ivan grinned, and the boys waved excitedly.

"Ivan Joeseph Vaughan, where the hell have you been?!" Isabelle hissed quietly closing the door, she ignored the presence of the other boys but she did notice the way John smirked excitedly at the thought of the pair fighting, Ivan's grin fell.

"What d'you mean we were in Hambu-"
he got cut off.

"I know that! No letters, no phone call we got nothing Ivan! Mum has been terrified and you'd be lucky if dad doesn't kick you out!" she shouted shoving him back bravely, the boys snickered as the boy fell down the two steps and onto the ground.

"I don't know why you're laughing!" she shouted, causing the boys to look down, "You're lucky your girlfriend doesn't leave you John! And you're lucky i haven't smacked you already Paul-"

"What'd i do?" he laughed, "You're little brother was in tatters the other day all crying and stuff!" she paused "don't tell him I told you..." she said quietly, Paul nodded silently.

The girl finally looked at them properly.

They were skinnier and their cheek bones more prominent, they didn't seem fazed but the smell they gave off proved the girls case that they were definitely on drugs - a feeling of guilt washed over her as she noticed her shouting may have been a bit dramatic.

"Well i'll sneak you upstairs if you want, but you must be quiet" she said politely and the boys grinned as she guided them up the stairs.

"Who was it?!"

"Just Mo, dropping off my lippy she borrowed" Isabelle smiled before going upstairs behind the boys.

When she got up the stairs she entered her room normally but jamp as George was stood in the middle of her room.

"Oh- uh- hello" she smiled toothlessly, the boy grinned "I missed you" he said quietly, the girl blushed and suddenly the floor was very intresting as her eyes were locked on it.

"Im eighteen now" he said randomly before looking out the window, "Sugar!" she cried and his head turned quickly as she bent down and looked under her bed for something.

"It's not much, mum wouldn't let me spend over a fiver" she said quietly handing him a small white package.

The boy's long fingers slid into the small crack in the package before he had wripped the paper back and grinned as he turned the thin material over to see a Chuck Berry album.

The teenager grinned, "I love it, thank you Issy" he grinned and Isabelle smiled slightly, "Im sorry i didn't write- i didn't know where you were or I promise i would have- I thought about you I swear. Every day. Today, on christmas, every Saturday, whenever I walked past your house, On my birthday-"

"I missed your birthday" he said quietly, the girl nodded "It's oka-" he shook his head "It's not, you were so excited" he cried running his hands across his face, the girl giggled "Its fine Georgie" he groaned and the girl blushed at how disappointed he seemed.

"It was gear. In Hamburg. I missed mum and dad of course but it was good. Meeting new people, just like us. There was this one band Rory Storm and the Hurricanes they were so cool! The drummer taught us how to play drums!" he rambled "He's so cool 'goes by Ringo but his real names Richard! Almost made me want to get a nickname" the boy smiled when the girl laughed loudly.

George turned to look at the girl and grinned as she pushed a piece of blonde hair behind her ear.

"Isabe-"

"George c'mon we're going round to Lenny's to meet Cyn" Paul's head peeked around the corner of the door, he smirked at the pair.

"See you later Issy, thanks for the rec" he grinned again and Isabelle froze as the boy pecked her cheek lightely before running out.

The girl fell back on her bed and squealed as she touched her cheek lightly.

A loud laugh was sounded by the door, she had thrown her pillow at Paul and blushed as she caught asight of the boys running past the window.

written: 04/11/20