[P&F|Ferb x Reader] Wordless

[This story was written for the lovely pandamatic0075! I know it's not my best work, but I still sincerely hope you enjoy it!]

Written: Monday, 18th January 2020

"Y/n, why don't you go doorknocking, meet some of the other kids?" Y/n's dad suggested cheerfully as Y/n sat, horribly bored, on the curb. They'd just moved to Danville, right at the beginning of Summer. She'd planned to spend the time with her old friends back in her hometown, but...

She shrugged pitifully, pushing herself up and dusting off as she headed for the house next door. Seemed a good place to start, anyway.

She wasn't bad at making friends, she was fun to be around. She just didn't have the energy for it as she stepped up to the house, nerves starting to set in.

She knocked gently with a shaking hand; a feminine voice replying in an oddly annoyed tone. "Just a second!" True to form, the door opened a second later, revealing the tall red head, who looked ridiculously unimpressed. "What do ya want, kid?" Y/n swallowed hard, raising her voice a little in order to be heard by the teen.

"I'm your new neighbour, I thought I should introduce myself." The girl straightened a little, scowl lifting, along with her voice.

"Oh, cool. Welcome to the neighbourhood. Come on through, I'll introduce you to my little brothers and their friends. They're all around your age." She walked off into the house, Y/n hot on her heels after she closed the front door behind them. "I'm Candace Flynn." She smiled. Y/n grinned back nervously.

"Y/n."

"Don't be nervous, kid. They're really nice." She pointed out the backyard to a pair of boys under a tree, surrounded by their friends, all chatting amongst themselves.

Candace opened the glass door, nudging Y/n gently outside, a steady hand on her back. "Guys, this is Y/n. She's new in town."

"Cool!" The red-haired boy spoke up, freckles flexing around his welcoming smile. "I'm Phineas, this is Ferb." She got a wave from the green haired boy and she nodded in return, grin edging her cheeks.

"My name's Isabella." The girl in the giant pink bow spoke up, smiling like a doll with a dainty voice to match.

"Buford." The giant kid, built like a brick outhouse, grunted. Y/n shrunk back a little but tried to smile in return.

"And I am Baljeet!" Phineas clapped his hands once, ever present positivity radiating from him.

"Alright, you all know what you're doing, so go forth and conquer!" Y/n coughed lightly, unsure of where exactly they wanted her to stand out of the way. "Oh, right! Y/n, since it's your first project, you can tag along with Ferb!"

"What exactly are we doing?" She asked in confusion. This project sounded huge, but she was sure they were just making it sound that way.

"We're building a roller-coaster!" He exclaimed, ushering her off to his brother, Ferb.

"Heya, sorry to be a bother, but Phin told me I could help you out today." The green-haired boy blinked at her, and somehow she understood. "Peanut butter and a blowtorch, huh? I'm on it."

[TIME SKIP, somewhere near the end of Summer]

Y/n, Isabella and Ferb sat under the shade of the giant oak tree in their yard, Phineas elsewhere in the house grabbing snacks as Isabella took the opportunity to ramble about her feelings for the millionth time this Summer. The season was drawing to a close, the leaves starting to change, and she still hadn't confessed to him. She was truly, hopelessly head over heels in love with the red-haired boy.

Y/n suppressed the urge to roll her eyes as looked over to Ferb who nodded lightly. It was time to put their plan into action.

Ferb excused himself to go find out what was taking Phineas so long, while Y/n helped Isabella onto her feet, pushing the dark-haired girl into position, a vague coloured mark in the grass. "Y/n, what?"

"Just stand here." Y/n took a few steps back, perfecting her work. "It'll all make sense soon."

"Um, ok..." Isabella muttered under her breath, swaying idly.

A few minutes passed before Ferb finally emerged from the house, Phineas in tow. He led the red-haired boy onto his spot, leaping away as the machine snapped shut. It snapped up from the floor like a Venus flytrap, a solid metal box that engulfed the pair.

Frantic banging echoed from inside the trap, the two slamming their hands against the walls in panic. Y/n and Ferb high-fived. Finally, they could both stop hearing about Isabella's crush, and Phineas questioning his feelings. "You're not coming out until you confess!" Y/n yelled, with no small amount of joy present in her voice as she walked back into the house with Ferb.

Y/n was laughing, telling some stupid story from her hometown as they sat on the curb drinking ice-cold lemonade in the fading light. Eventually, she trailed off, focusing intently on her fraying shoelace. "Hey, weird question, but..." She turned to look at Ferb, who stared, seemingly blankly, back at her. "If someone just happened to ask you out... where would you wanna go?" Ferb blinked at her and her face lit up a Christmas tree the day after Halloween.

She tore her eyes from his, stirring the ice in her glass nervously with her straw, before setting the drink down by her feet. "I was thinking... Isabella hasn't been the only lovesick one this summer, and..." She paused, trying to figure out how she could possibly say what she was trying to. "I- "

She was cut off by a pair of soft lips on hers, gone before she could react. Ferb pulled away from the kiss, placing a calloused hand on hers, turning his attention back to the sunset. Y/n touched her lips gently, smile spreading across her cheeks.

Without a single word, he'd managed to make her feel like he really did like her back, with everything he had. She felt the exact same way.