[Darkiplier x Reader] The Past Comes Back to Bite You

Written: Monday, 11 December 2017

Y/n POV

Darkness. That's all I could see, until someone turned on the light. A someone I never thought I'd see again. I knew him before all this madness. Before he lost his damn mind. In fact, I loved him.

I was a servant at Markiplier Manor, around the time of dear Mark's... well, you know. I was personally put in charge of looking after The Mayor and a guest by the name of Anon. They were very kind to me, talking to me when nobody else would. Damien and I hit it off, talking about the strangest topics for hours on end, before inevitably waking up on the golf course. We'd be dazed and confused for a while, before realizing what had happened. We'd share a laugh, before returning to our rooms. It was nice. Benjamin was always too busy to talk and the chef hated me, leaving me lonely. Before Damien came I would wander the halls at night, talking to myself in the mirror or reading a book in the library. I was never able to sleep peacefully, there was always a nightmare to wake me.

Then Mark died. Everyone's sanity was slowly edging away from them, Damien wasn't taking it well. His temper shortened, his insomnia grew. He began to snap at anyone who would dare talk to him. Anon went with Celine to try and recover some memory of what happened, while Damien left for the gardens. I simply went to talk to George the groundskeeper. Sometimes I would talk with him, when he wasn't busy tending the grounds. He was a kind man, always willing to keep me company if he wasn't busy. He lived in the shed in the back of the gardens, surrounded by rose bushes. Chef helped him set it up a few years before I was hired. It had running water and electricity, so when we both had time I'd go down and have a cup of tea and a few biscuits.

Looks like someone beat me to it. The Detective and Chef were standing with George, the Detective interrogating while Chef defended George. Anon was there too, they looked really confused with the whole situation. There was a huge flash of lightning and everyone started to run towards the house. I followed, common sense telling me it wasn't safe to be out in a storm. We all sprinted up the stairs, towards the spare room where Celine took Anon earlier to do the occult stuff. The door of the room burst open, revealing a smiling Celine, surrounded by a red glow. She reached for Anon but Chef dragged them away from the door, while the others struggled to close the door. I ran to Anon's side, they gave me a weak smile before passing out.

Benjamin tried to convince the Colonel and Anon to leave the house, to find a place to grieve. Anon had tears in their eyes but nodded, while the Colonel lost it. He stormed out of the room, tears falling from his eyes. I stood quietly behind Anon, as they watched the others leave. I heard a whisper. "Hey. Help me." the whisper pleaded. I looked over to Anon. "Y-You heard that too, Anon?" I asked them. They nodded, grabbing my hand and walking in the direction of the voice.

We ended up in the study. There were millions of pieces of paper, articles and notes alike strewn about the room. We both stood there in shock. The Colonel strode in. "There you two are! I've been meaning to ask you some questions-" He stopped midsentence, looking around the room in confused fury. "What is this?" he asked. Anon shrugged, looking panicked. I replied, "I-I'm not sure, Colonel..." He continued to walk around the room. "The detective's been keeping tabs on us... The detective's been keeping tabs on me. And Celine! He's the one who orchestrated ALL of this!" He was progressively getting angrier and angrier. "He DID this!" he yelled, cocking his pistol. "DETECTIVE!" he walked down the halls, opening doors and slamming them shut again. I looked to Anon and we both ran after him. Anon was a little faster than me so they reached him first. "Are you hiding him from me?" he accused Anon. They shook their head as fast as is humanly possible. "He can't hide forever... GET OUT OF MY WAY!" he yelled, practically throwing Anon into the railing. They crumpled to the floor, holding their ribs. I rushed over to them, leaving the Colonel to his ranting. "Are you ok?" I asked. They nodded and used the railing to pull themselves up, before grabbing my hand and rushing after the Colonel.

When we found him, the Detective was dead, laying in a pool of his own fresh blood. Anon pushed me behind them, before grabbing the Colonel's arm. They wrestled with him for a few seconds, then there was a gun shot. They stumbled backwards holding their wound. I reached for them but they fell over the railing. There was a sickening thud when they hit the floor. "It was accident! I swear..." the Colonel cried out. I backed away from him, fearing for my own life. I backed myself into a wall, curling in on myself as if it would protect me. I felt someone sit next to me. "I-I'm so sorry Y/n. I didn't mean to shoot Anon! I-I was angry and the gun... It was still loaded..." He began to sob. "I know you can't forgive me but I'm sorry..." We both lost friends that day. I cried into his jacket and he held me close. Two broken souls, crying for redemption.

We were the last ones in the manor. It was quiet, suffocatingly so. I was holding Anon's hand, crying my eyes out. The Colonel sat on the bench behind me, cradling Damien's cane in his hands. Then it happened. Anon's corpse opened its eyes. I jumped back in fear, while they stood up. They helped me off the floor and pushed me behind them when they saw the Colonel. They stepped back away from him as he walked towards us. "Oh no! No! It's ok. I-I thought you were dead. I mean, of course you're not dead! You're not - How could you be dead? I wouldn't have killed you! I-I didn't kill you!" he broke down. "It was all a joke! Were you in on this? Did Damien put you up to this? Of course he did!" he walked off calling for Damien and Celine to come out.

Anon let go of my hand. They walked over to where Damien's cane was placed in front of the mirror. They reached down for it but as soon as they touched it everything changed. Another figure appeared in place of Y/n. It was... Damien? Damien cracked his neck and just like that Anon's terrified expression appeared in place of his reflection. I couldn't help Anon... So I called out "Damien? I'm sorry." The figure stopped walking and turned to look at me. "Damien's gone, sweetheart. Call me Dark." He kissed my hand before walking off. Anon tapped on the mirror, showing me their sketchbook. They drew a person, one side was Celine, while the other was Damien. There was a red and blue outline to the person and one word in the centre of the paper, 'Dark'. Anon's figure began to fade. "No! You can't go Anon! I don't want you to go..." I cried. Anon gave me a small wave before leaving completely.

I never returned to the manor after that day. I never saw Dark again after that day. Until now. I'm sitting at dinner with him. He's a hotshot player round these parts, sleeping with almost every girl in town, guess he thinks it's my turn. He spoke up, "The name's Dark, sweetheart. What about you?" He finished with a charmingly fake smile, that would be sure to woo anyone instantly. Except me. "My name is Y/n. It's been a while Damien, you too Celine." Dark looked surprised for a moment. "H-How do you know those names?" he looked so confused. "It's me, Y/n L/n. The servant you used to talk with at Markiplier Manor?" A look of recognition crossed his face. He chuckled "It's been some time eh, old friend?" I smiled back.

"Too long, Dark."