[AHWM|Yancy x Reader] Coming Home

Written: Sunday, 17th November 2019

Every third Sunday. Y/n kept her promise, sitting pretty on the edge of the couch in the conjugal visits room as Yancy bounded into the room, holding out his arms as she leapt into him. They embraced each other tightly before plopping back on the couch, just holding each other. They didn't feel the need to fill the comfortable smile as Yancy ran a gentle hand through Y/n's hair as she sighed happily in response, curling into his chest. It often continued like this until one or both of them fell asleep in the arms of their partner, smiling softly as they drifted into oblivion.

This time, however, Yancy seemed jittery, unfocused. Y/n noticed, drawing random patterns on his forearm, tracing the map. "What's wrong, Yance?" She asked, reluctantly pulling away from him to look him in the eyes, still keeping a calm hand on his forearm, smiling patiently.

A blush spread like wildfire in early July across Yancy's smiling face as he took her soft hands in his. "Uh, parole's comin' up real soon. I was, uh, thinkin' bout takin it, if youse'd have me?" He asked sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand. Y/n's face lit up as she threw herself into his arms, wrapping her arms tight around his middle as she placed a feather-light kiss to his throat, giggling as Yancy shivered under her.

"My offer still stands, there will always be a bed for you. Provided you aren't scared of 9-year-old girls." She replied, squeezing him as her grin continued to grow. He pecked her forehead sweetly, arms sitting calmly across her back.

"Youse know I can't wait to meet the kid." Y/n laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. She's gonna love you."

So, when parole came up and Yancy won his case, Y/n waited for him outside the court, tapping anxiously on her leg. She sat cross-legged on the hood of her car with Elena, who was scribbling on a spare notebook. Elena glanced up from her sketch a placed a small hand on Y/n's thigh. "It'll be fine, Mumma. He clearly can't wait to see you, and by the sounds of it he really likes you." Y/n smiled, ruffling her hair softly.

"You know, for such a small kid, you hold a surprising amount of wisdom." Elena hummed noncommittally, settling back against the windscreen.

Yancy appeared in his same white t-shirt but instead of his usual prison issue pants, it was paired with comfy-looking grey sweatpants as he spotted Y/n's waving arm, running up to her. "Hey, Yance!" She smiled, hopping down from the car and looping her arms around his neck. He chuckled, grabbing her by the waist and spinning her around like a top, dropping her back on her feet as she shrieked excitedly, clutching his arms.

Meanwhile, Elena had climbed down from the hood and was now watching the display with mild interest as she stood behind her mum, clutching the back of her t-shirt. Yancy spotted her and smiled gently, bending down to her level. "Hey, kiddo, I'm Yancy. What's your name?" Elena stepped out a slight bit, brushing off her skirt.

"I'm Elena Rose L/n. Are you mum's new boyfriend? She never stops gushing about you." She calmly stepped towards Yancy, who stayed still as he was assessed by the small girl. She went up to him and placed small hands on either side of his face, grinning at his confusion. "Are you strong enough to pick me up?"

Yancy's face split into a large smile, holding out his arms as Elena stepped forward. He took her by the waist, hoisting her up onto his shoulder as she laughed like she was on a carnival ride. Y/n smiled, her favorite people were getting along and that was the best she could ask for. Elena calmed herself down, one hand holding Yancy's and the other resting on his head. She tapped his head twice and he lowered her back to the floor, dust flying up from beneath her Mary-janes as she wrapped a small hand around his finger. "Come on," She said, dragging him towards the car. "Or we're gonna miss the start of my show!"