[Cool Patrol Markiplier x Reader] Skate Date

[Dedicated to the lovely em0hub! Thank you so much for your patience and cooperation. I haven't written for this character before, but I sincerely hope you enjoy it! This one does have male (he/him) pronouns, folks!]

Written: Friday, 22nd January 2021

"What do you mean you've never skated?!" Mark sat up dead straight, positively scandalised as he looked his boyfriend up and down with mock horror. Y/n shrugged, settling back against the couch cushions.

"I've never set foot on the rink. Last time I went to one, I had a broken leg." He sighed. "I was on bag duty."

He yelped as Mark suddenly leapt off the couch they were sharing and lifted him onto his feet. "There's a disco night on at Darla's tonight! We'll rent you some skates and off we go!" Mark grinned, hands still firmly on Y/n's shoulders. Y/n rolled his eyes playfully, hands snaking to his partner's arms.

"Only if you promise not to ditch me the moment you get there."

"I would never! Now, go get dressed, and maybe we'll pick up some kneepads on the way there."

"Real funny, wise guy." Y/n kissed Mark's nose, taking the chance to move out of the death grip Mark had previously had on his arms, heading for the shower.

[SKIP!]

"Ok, you all laced up?" Mark smiled, helping his boyfriend onto his feet. "If you can't walk on flat feet, walk on your toes. Like this." He stood on pointe, Y/n copying nervously as they shuffled towards the rink, Y/n clinging to Mark's arm for dear life.

"I'm gonna eat shit out there, Mark!" Y/n exclaimed in a hiss as they stepped onto the smooth surface, other skaters whizzing past at a million miles an hour to the upbeat tempo of the ridiculously loud disco music. Y/n had to yell to communicate with Mark and it was already hurting his vocal cords.

"You're gonna be fine, just push out and back." He gently guided Y/n's hands to the rail and did a lap to demonstrate. "Stay on the wall if you need to. I'll be right beside you."

Y/n did as he was told, stumbling more than a few times over the course of the night, Mark trying (and failing) to cover his joking giggles each time. But he was starting to get the hang of it!

Most of the other patrons began to file out, including Darla herself, the owner of the rink. "Lock up when you're done, sugar!" She shouted in a cheery singsong. The thumping music faded out and they heard keys being dropped on the front counter.

"Will do, Darla!" Mark yelled back as Y/n pushed away from the wall, flailing a little, but ultimately staying upright. He skated for a minute with bated breath, lips pressed firmly together as he stayed focused on his feet, pink tongue poking through just slightly. Then, a bright smile lit up his face and he gained the courage to look away from his spinning wheels and in front of him.

"I'm doing it, Mark!" He cried excitedly, hands now drifting away from the safety rail and to his sides.

"You're doing it, babe!"

Y/n laughed, chest loosening. All he did was close his eyes for a second and he stepped out of rhythm, tumbling down and down, teeth singing as he hit the wooden floor with a thud. He groaned, pulling himself up onto his knees, ribs aching.

Mark skated over, the utmost concern behind his joking grin as he helped Y/n back to his feet. "Guess you've fallen for me, huh?" Y/n's insides melted to jelly, a dopey smile crossing his face that he tried to school into some kind of upset.

"I should kick your ass." He muttered, failing to hide his beaming face.

"Ah, but you love me." Mark said cheekily, pulling Y/n close to him. Y/n's blood boiled a little. How was he staying upright so well? He shrugged, sighing dramatically.

"Alas, I do."

"Alas?! Why you-" Without a second thought, Mark hoisted Y/n onto his shoulder, beginning to skate around the rink.

"Mark! Put me down!" Y/n yelled through terrified laughter. Mark chuckled in response, speeding up. "I'm letting Chica eat your skates if you don't put me down!"

"Alright, alright!"

Mark skated over to the sidelines, carefully raising onto his toes as he continued to carry Y/n over his shoulder, dropping him ever so gently on a bench before plopping down beside him. "Not bad for a first time, babe!" Y/n chortled, leaning down to take off his skates.

"Yeah, I s'pose so!" He kissed Mark's cheek quickly, blush coating his face. "Thanks for talking me into it."

"No problem." Mark's voice lowered and his hand slipped up to Y/n's jaw, pulling the man into a tender kiss. Their lips separated, but their foreheads continued to touch as they talked in hushed tones under the neon lights.

"Do I get to join your boyband now?" Y/n asked. Mark chuckled softly, kissing him again.

"Definitely not."