[GF|Bill Cipher x Reader] Journey

Written: Wednesday, 1 August 2018

I was taking a walk in the woods around my cabin, looking for various animals, when I tripped, landing in the damp earth with a thud. I swivelled to see what I'd fallen over and was surprised to see a small statue, only about as tall as my thigh. It was made of solid stone and depicted a triangle with a single, large eye, his hand held out, almost like he was asking you to shake it. The statue was covered in moss, more or less forgotten by whoever had put it here. I reached my hand out to take the statue's, drawn by some unexplainable urge, like the statue was calling to me. As I made contact with it, the stone changed, searing my hand and causing me to recoil in shock.

Blue light erupted from the statue's pupil, so bright I had to cover my eyes to keep it from blinding me. When I next looked up, the triangle was lying eye down in the dirt. I cautiously approached the yellow triangle and reach out to touch him. My hand got a few millimetres from his still figure, before he shot up, away from my reach. He backed into a tree, his eye wide and scared. "Who are you?" I couldn't say a word, as he regained his composure a slight bit. "Can you see me?" I nodded slowly. "You're the one who got me out... TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH!" I was startled at his tone change. He levelled out again. "The name's Bill Cipher, and, well, thank you, I suppose. See ya, Sucker!" I can't deny my heart dropped a little when he said this, but I waved a little anyways. He went to shoot off into the forest, only to be stopped by a thin chain, threaded between our wrists. He began to pull frantically, trying to free himself from me and I began to wince. The harder he pulled, the more my wrist burned. Eventually I yelled. "Please stop! It hurts!" Bill came closer to me and the chain faded away to reveal what looked like a burn mark around my wrist. He sighed, taking my wrist in his hands. He looked over it for a minute. "It'll heal." He said, letting my wrist drop back to my side. I walked over to my bag, Bill hovering behind me, and pulled out some antiseptic cream. I slathered it all over the wound and wrapped a bandage around it. Bill stared me down. "Who are you?" "Y/n L/n, but I go by Y/n. I'm 17, born in Piedmont, California."

I sat against a tree. I looked up to Bill, who was very skittish, peering around our environment. "Hey, I don't suppose you want something to eat?" I asked him. He turned to me, rolling his eye. "Wow, thanks so much. I'd love too. NOT." He turned away grumbling. I shrugged, trying not to let his attitude get to me. He was scared, upset and far from home without his powers. I let out a sigh, grabbing a f/s from my bag. Bill darted over to my bag, digging through it and pulling out my book. He flipped through it and I guess deemed it good? Judging by the satisfied hum he gave off, anyway. He placed it next to me, carefully leafing through my papers. I began to reach out to him, but decided against it, instead asking "Are you ok, Bill?" He turned to me, looking defeated. "No? Anything you need to get off your chest?" He just sat down next to me. "Do you need anything?" He looked up at me. "Why are you being so nice to me?" I shrugged. "I figure, that if you have to be tied to a dead weight for a while, I'd at least try to make you somewhat comfortable..." "Dead weight? Is that what you think of yourself?" I looked at him, surprise painting my features. "Oh, sorry. I've done it for so long, I don't even realize I'm doing it anymore. But don't worry, it's mostly a habit now, it doesn't hurt nearly as much as it used to." He looked almost sorrowful at my response. "I don't think... I don't think you're dead weight... You're actually pretty cool." My face erupted in blush. "Not used to compliments, huh?" I shook my head and decided to change the subject, forcing the blush from my cheeks. "It's getting dark, we should head back to my place." He agreed and we began to walk deeper into the sunlit forest.

A half hour later, the sun had dipped below the tree line, casting our path in shadows. My mind was wandering as much as my feet were, in random directions. I was interrupted by an annoyed groan from the triangle beside me. "You ok, Bill?" I said, looking over to him but continuing to walk. "How much further?" I rolled my eyes slightly. "We'll be there soon, hopefully, it's starting to get cold." As I talked, he cut me off. "Y/n, watch out!" I tripped, falling into a ginormous hole. Bill tried to drag us both back up, but the chains began burning my wrist causing me to hiss in pain. We fell into the dark abyss below.

Bill POV

I was dragged to the bottom and heard a crack as Y/n landed on her arm. She was out cold, the bandages on her wrist burnt away to expose her wound. I dug through her bag, grabbing a box of matches and lighting one up. I used it to get my bearings, shining it onto the wall. Spiders. All over the walls and ceiling, staring down at Y/n with piercing red eyes. Panic rose in me as I began shaking Y/n. She grumbled slightly but didn't open her eyes. That's when I noticed the dark red leaking from her skull, staining her hair.

I sighed. Haven't done this in a while. Using my last bit of power, I shifted into my human form. Slinging Y/n's bag over my shoulder, I picked her up, holding my hand over her head wound. The spider's eyes lit up and they began hissing, I was taking their prey. I placed Y/n down again and lit another match, throwing at the spiders on the floor. "Come at me bitches." I said aloud, fully aware they couldn't understand me and that they were just scared of the fire. I picked up Y/n once more and we walked further into the cave system.

I stopped in a secluded cave, after checking for any pests, and placed Y/n down. I pulled some pills and a needle and thread from her bag, giving her a few pills to keep her under and began to stitch her up. I finished up a few minutes later and snapped the thread with my teeth, lighting yet another match and cauterising the wound, wrapping it in spare bandages. I let out a dragon-like sigh, running my fingers through my knotted yellow hair. This human body is more exhausting than I remember... I placed Y/n's head lightly on her bag and leaned against the cave wall, eyes heavy. I'll just shut my eyes for a moment...

Y/n POV

Ugh, my head is killing me. I finally summoned the energy to open my eyes to stare at the ceiling. It took 3 seconds for me to realize, this wasn't my bedroom. Yesterday's events became flooding back to me, overwhelming my tired brain. I tried to sit myself up, my arm aching. I used my good arm, dragging myself up to lean against the wall. I examined my wrist. "Darn, looks like it's shattered." I pulled my bag over, riffling through it. I groaned in frustration and pain, where the hell were my bandages? Where was Bill? I turned to see a figure sleeping a few feet away from me and panic shot through my body. Who the was this? Are they alive? Did Bill leave me with this person? How did he get out of the chain? The body shifted, wrapped in a cloak. They were discomforted, I could hear whimpers and half-screams escaping from their mouth. "Moonstone, no!"

I moved over to where they were, shaking them. The young male shot up, breathing heavily, tears forming in his one exposed eye. He threw his arms around me. "Oh, thank the mindscape... You're ok." I nodded, patting his back slowly and carefully. Eventually I spoke up. "Ok, so, who are you exactly?" He pulled away from my hold, tilting his head and staring at me. He stood up, before walking away from me, just far enough for a translucent chain to appear between our wrists. My face flushed with embarrassment. "Sorry, I, uh, didn't recognize you, Bill." He nodded slowly and I noticed he wasn't floating anymore. When he finally spoke, the bricks around the bottom edge of his jacket seemed to flash with every word he spoke. "I changed last night and fixed up your head a bit. The stiches won't hold forever, though, so we should probably get a move on." I nodded, "Just give me a few minutes." Packing the last of my things, I got a few old popsicle sticks and used them as makeshift splints, complete with duct tape to keep them in place. I slung my bag over my shoulder, as Bill lit up a match and we began walking into the darkness.

We eventually came to a crossroads, one road sounded like it lead to water and the other sounded like it lead to wind. We decided to follow the windy path. I began to shiver, the chill creeping into my bones. "Hey, you cold?" I shook my head. "Liar. Here." He removed his jacket, placing it over my shoulders. It smelt like wood smoke and pine needles, two smells I adored. I thanked him, pulling the jacket closer to my body. For such a fancy piece it had a surprising amount of insulation.

Light began to appear around corners as the wind picked up. We were getting close and Bill was clearly itching to leave the musty caves. I was too, the caves were stuffy and I was already light-headed from my injuries. I stumbled out into the low light of the afternoon, closing my eyes and breathing in the scent of the forest. When I opened them again, I saw an ecstatic Bill standing next to me, staring over the tree line, his eye sparkling in the low light. I tugged on his shirt sleeve. "I recognise this part of the forest and home isn't far. You ready?" He nodded, tearing his eye from the sunset. "Let's go."