[BF:U|Ricky Goldsworth x Reader] Honey

A sequel to Tea requested by @vikachu444

Written: 30th October 2019

There was so much blood. It spilled from Tinsley's arm as he collapsed on the cold cobblestone, his eyes screwed shut in pain, hissing through his teeth. Y/n finished arresting the criminals they were dealing with, turning back to Tinsley as she watched another bullet pierce his lower back, barely missing his spine. He jolted and went still as Y/n ran over, already dialing for an ambulance as she dragged him out of the line of fire, breathing heavily as she collapsed next to him behind a dumpster.

He groaned uncooperatively as she wrapped an arm around him, desperately trying to drag him out to the main road where she could hear sirens wailing. She sobbed in frustration as Tinsley's feet dragged uselessly behind him. She was ready to drop when she felt a familiar warmth on her arm and a weight lifted off her shoulder. She glanced over to see none other than Ricky Goldsworth in the flesh, helping distribute Tinsley's mass onto his shoulders, so they were now evenly holding his limp form.

No words were exchanged, just a quick nod from Ricky, as they carried Tinsley to the main street. An ambulance screeched to a halt, sirens cutting out as two paramedics emerged from the van. Y/n and Ricky helped to move him onto the stretcher, his breath shallow.

Hours later, Tinsley was finally brought out of surgery. Y/n sat, wide awake next to his hospital bed, eyes red and puffy. Her hand lay over his, gently holding it and ghosting her thumb over his bandaged knuckles. Her eyes trailed over the medical equipment, over the large bandages around his arm and torso and her heart throbbed painfully. She was filled with a cold kind of emptiness as she saw his frightened look flash across her vision.

She sat there for hours, exactly 4 1/2 hours. Then a nurse came in, holding a clipboard in her left hand and a pen in her right. "I'm really very sorry, mam, but visiting hours are over, you have to leave." Y/n straightened from where she was bent over Tinsley's chest, examining the rise and fall of his chest, convincing herself he would be ok. She stood, gently squeezing Tinsley's uninjured shoulder.

"I'll be back soon." She whispered, more for herself than anything. She turned to the young nurse, who looked very sympathetic and nodded, her tired eyes glancing back to Tinsley's unconscious body.

"We'll call you if anything happens overnight. You should get some sleep, visiting hours are from 10am tomorrow." She placed a gentle hand on Y/n shoulder, leading her out of the room and closing it quietly behind her.

Y/n threw herself onto her couch, wrapping a blanket around her tense shoulders as she loosed a shuddering breath from deep in her chest. Her heart was going a million miles an hour, she couldn't focus on anything but the blood. Netflix was running some obscure cartoon and Y/n was curled into a tight, shaking ball on her couch, only her blank eyes visible from under the covers.

She barely even heard the front door's lock click as she stared, unfocused, at her TV. She didn't react when a weight settled next to her, pulling her into their arms. She simply sat in silence as she inhaled a familiar scent, something between gun powder and a pine forest. Ricky leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Don't worry, doll. Tins'll be fine, I promise you." Y/n's head snapped up to stare at Ricky, then drifted back down to sit on her chest.

"It's my fault. If I hadn't been so distracted..." She spoke, barely above a croak. Ricky's hold tightened on her arm, pressing his forehead to hers, gazing into her eyes.

"Don't say that, Y/n. It wasn't your fault." She attempted to speak back but he placed a gentle finger to her lips, any refusal dying on her tongue. "Just... Come dance with me, honey. Take your mind off it for a while."

Y/n didn't object as Ricky gently pulled her up from the sofa, away from her blanket prison. She stumbled over her rug into his chest and sighed, wrapping her arms around his torso to keep herself from falling. He chuckled slightly, using his phone to play a song on her speaker that was perched on the end table.

She smiled tiredly as the song started and Ricky moved her arms up to his neck as he let his hands sit on her lower back. They didn't bother trying to properly waltz and simply settled for holding each other, swaying slightly. Ricky lazily spun Y/n out from him and she spun back into his chest just as slowly, wrapping her arms around his torso. She nuzzled her head tiredly under his chin and his chest rumbled with a soft laugh as he led them both back to the couch. Lying down on his back, he carefully pulled Y/n on top of him, her head on his chest. She smiled, pulling her earlier forgotten blanket over them both as she yawned. "You can sleep, baby. I'll be here when you wake up, I promise."