[Buzzfeed: Unsolved|Ryan and Shane x Ghost Reader] Ghost Buddy!

Written: Saturday, 7 July 2018

Hey, you! Yes, you. I don't think we've been introduced! Well, my name's Y/n, the friendly ghost! I don't have much to do most days but guess what? Two guys just showed up with some camera equipment. They look like... paranormal investigators. I remember a kid showing up with his twin sister a few weeks back, they were doing the same thing. They were the sweetest kids I've ever met, balancing each other perfectly. Let's see if these guys can top them!

Ryan POV

"This week on Buzzfeed: Unsolved we'll be visiting..." I took a deep breath, looking at the camera. "The famous Song Mansion. Now this one doesn't have any particular backstory to it, but the spirit who inhabits this house is rumoured to be a full on presence. I'm talking, faces in mirrors, voices, full body apparitions, the works!" Shane nodded. "You're gonna have a field day here aren't you?" I looked him in the eyes. "I'm going to shit my pants." I said, the most confident I'd been all night. "Let's do this."

"This, uh, seems like a good place to set up shop for a bit. This is the kitchen, where the spirit who lives here, met a grisly fate." I laughed nervously. "Well, out with it! What happened to our poor friend?" "Pushed into an oven by her former boss, Bill No-Last-Name-Given, while she was baking a loaf of bread, after she quit her job at his bakery just a few days earlier." Shane's face paled at bit, I'm sure mine did to. "That's nuts!" he exclaimed in horror. I nodded, "Ya know, I actually forgot the spirit box this time..." I said sheepishly as Shane sighed in relief. "Oh thank god, my ears are saved!" he said, shaking with laughter. "So looks like we're going by good old ear tonight."

Y/n POV

I floated into the kitchen and sat atop the counter before listening in. "Pushed into an oven by her former boss, Bill No-Last-Name-Given, after she quit her job at his bakery." One of the men spoke. I stopped dead. Tears began to roll over my cheeks. They didn't know how bad it really was. Bill had drugged me and the only sound I heard before the searing heat was his voice, "Bye bye, little girl." before the oven door slammed shut. I screamed, louder than ever before as the oven burned at my skin, causing my dress to catch alight and burn away. When I was found the next morning, my body was charred and black with soot. They say I was baking bread when I was pushed in, but I was drugged. I don't know what that man did to me before I woke up but I do know it was bad. I was only a 14 year old girl with a job at a bakery, trying to provide for my sick mother and my two younger siblings. What on earth had I done to deserve this?

The tears ran faster and I let rip a sob from deep in my throat. One of the men, Ryan I think his name was, his head shot up. "C-Can you hear that, Shane?" he stuttered, his eyes bulging from his head. He calmed his breathing and spoke. "Is someone there? A-And, are you ok?" He asked, putting up a brave face. His laidback friend, Shane, spoke up. "Did you just ask the ghost if it was ok?" he laughed. "Dude, I dunno, man! I just, wanted to know. Whoever it is, sounds upset." "Alright man." Ryan turned again. "Did we upset you somehow?" He was clearly terrified.

I lowered myself to their level, sitting on the floor across from them and cleared my throat. Ryan almost jumped off the floor and even Shane shifted a little. I began to speak. "Listen, please don't be scared of me. I just, I'm going to appear to you both and I need you not to freak out." I spoke calmly as I sensed both the boys' heartbeats running faster. The lights flickered off and on as I appeared before them.

Ryan stifled a scream and Shane's eyes widened. I fixed my dress, small flames licking the bottom of the skirt and waved. I gathered breath in my lungs, I didn't speak often. "H-Hello." I stuttered out. Shane was the first to regain his composure, shaking Ryan until he was too. He held out his hand. "I'm Shane, this is Ryan." I reached out to shake his hand but I phased right through. He withdrew his hand sheepishly. "Sorry, forgot." I reminded him it was ok, then turned to Ryan. "To answer your earlier question, you didn't offend me. It was the story you were telling, it's wrong." He suddenly looked more alive, his cheeks, which had previously gone gaunt and pale, regaining their usual colour. "B-But, I researched for hours on this stuff... That means... Oh, my god. You're her, aren't you?" I nodded, tears filling my eyes once again and falling to sizzle out the flames on my dress. "So, what happened to you?" I sighed and began my story.

After finishing, I was met with two reactions, both horror mingled with disgust. Shane began to speak. "Wow... I'm sorry you had to go through that..." Neither of them really knew what to say. I wiped my tired eyes. "You got this all on tape, right?" I asked. "Oh! Y-yea! Yea... I mean, we could delete it if you want-" I shushed him. "No. Let the world know I still exist. But I ask one thing of you. Please, come visit me sometimes? I know it's a big thing to ask of you, I should have never said anything-" Now it was Ryan's turn to shush me. "We'll definitely visit! Right Shane?" Shane smiled lazily at us both. "Hell yea. Ghost buddy!"

I smiled sadly. "Thank you both. But for now, it is getting dark. This house gets rather... hostile... at night." I looked outside. Ryan and Shane smiled at each other, before turning to me. "Wanna help us do the outro, Y/n?" Shane asked. I beamed and joined them in front of the camera. Ryan spoke first. "Well, today was absolutely nuts but we made a new friend. And to our new friend I say, we will tell your story!" Then Shane began. "Today was fun. Ryan proved me wrong on the whole ghost thing, so that's new. But, uh, yea. We have a new ghost buddy now!" Then I talked. "It has been a pleasure meeting you two and I'm glad to have you as my human buddies! I'll be seeing you later!" I finished with a wink before flicking the lights off and disappearing before they turned on again.

The two walked out of the house, chatting and smiling. They sauntered down the front path toward their car and got in but not before Ryan turned back to the house. "So long Song House!" he said. "Until we meet again Y/n!" Shane echoed. I let a ghostly chuckle pass my pale lips and went back to my solitude. And we all lived happily ever after life.