[Cuphead|Casino!Devil x Fem!Reader] Play Stupid Games

[This oneshot is dedicated to the lovely XJustFandomsX! Sorry I went AWOL for a month, I hope you enjoy this!]

Written: Thursday, 31st March 2022

"Ok, go!" The weirdly Styrofoam-tasting peanut flew into the air, barely missing the casino's incredibly high ceiling and sailing back to earth. Y/n raised herself from the stairs just a smidge, balancing in the prime position to catch it in her mouth when The Devil swooped in, his elongated neck allowing him to catch it a foot above her, a satisfied smirk painting his mouth as he returned to normal. "No!" Y/n shouted, punching him in the arm playfully. "That was totally mine, dickhead! This is the third time you've done this. I'm not playing with you anymore!" She crossed her arms and turned up her nose, an exaggerated pout on her lips. The Devil simply chuckled, handing her another peanut, which she took, poking her tongue out in rebellion.

The casino was dead quiet, the doors still open to anyone who fancied a drink, but with no games running, most people didn't bother coming by, allowing the staff to relax for an hour or two. Cleaning was being done, some people were dozing in the back room, and Mugman was sitting on one of the bar stool, flicking through a magazine.

So, when the golden doors began to spin, Y/n's eyes snapped over, and immediately snapped away, hand flying up to hide her face from the figure now standing on the red carpet, scanning the room. "What's gotten into you?" The Devil asked, starting to simply eat their game pieces. Y/n sucked a breath through her teeth, cringing.

"Don't look now, my nutty ex just walked in."

"Which one?"

"Don't be obvious, but the one with the dark hair, weirdly green eyes? Weird lovestruck look?" The Devil craned his head to look, earning him another punch from his companion. "I SAID DON'T BE OBVIOUS."

"Baby cakes, it's me! Your love!"

"Aaaaand, now they're coming over. Great!" Y/n muttered, digging her face into her hands, a death glare peeking out from her fingers, aimed at The Devil. "Fuck, fuck, fuck..." Her ex was approaching rapidly, skipping through the massive game hall, she didn't have a choice. Sucking in a sharp breath, she yanked The Devil down into a kiss. She quickly felt large hands on her sides, his tail unknowingly snaking around her hips as they gently separated.

"Baby, what are you doing?" Her ex's voice was as watery as their eyes that locked with hers. Y/n's tone was cold, almost formal when she addressed them.

"I'm not your baby, not anymore. I thought the police told you that when they arrested you for showing breaking your restraining order."

"I-I-I thought we were on a break!" Y/n's lip curled into a snarl, voice lowering to a dangerous calm.

"You cheated on me, multiple times. And then continued to stalk me until I moved cities, and now you show up at my workplace."

"You worked so much! What was I supposed to do all alone all day? I had to find my comforts somewhere else." A sigh crossed their lips, stepping a little closer. "I still love you, baby cakes. Please... just come home." A wicked smile crept onto Y/n's face, some twisted part of her revelling in the pain in their eyes, in the knowledge that they were finally experiencing the same heartbreak she had. Her hands snaked back onto The Devil's face.

"Sorry, baby cakes, I've found someone else." Their lips united once more, Y/n gasping lightly as The Devil lifted her into his lap, lips barely separating so he could grin down at her ex-partner.

"I'd say I'm sorry, but I've heard lying is a sin."

They didn't part again until they heard the sobs subside, along with the spinning of the entrance, Y/n climbing back onto the staircase, out of his hold. She ran a shaking hand through her hair, looking to the floor.

"I can't believe this."

"Can't believe what? We've been skirting around the issue for months. We're both mature, grown beings, who share genuine affection for each other. This kiss was bound to happen." Y/n's gaze snapped up to look at him, bewildered.

"What? No. I mean, yes, the kiss was inevitable, but I wanted it to be all dreamy and romantic-ey. Not doing it just to finally get rid of my clingy ex." She sighed. The Devil's laugh was soft as he lifted her back onto his lap, warmth enveloping her, the most tenderly she'd been held in years.

"You're dreamy and romantic-ey enough for me, Y/n." Y/n's face lit up, blush travelling all the way to her ears as The Devil lowered his face to hers once more.

"Pfft, softy." She smiled. The Devil grinned in response, whispering against her lips.

"Tell no one."

"You are such a dork."

"Ah, but-" They were interrupted by a camera flash, blinding them momentarily.

"Haha, blackmail." Cuphead remarked, gleefully looking over the photo. The Devil grinned saractically, gently removing Y/n from his lap.

"Would you excuse me for one moment?" He pecked her lips softly, before his neck snapped to face Cuphead, smile widening to a frightening degree.

"Uh oh." Was all Cuphead uttered before sprinting off into the casino, The Devil hot on his tail. "MUSGY, HELP MEEEEEEEEE!!" He screamed. Mugman lazily flipped through a magazine, barely glancing up at his older brother.

"Nope, I'm on break. Y/n?" Y/n finally pried her hands away from her bright red face, squealing subsiding.

"Flip me for it, Mugs." She grinned, fixing her hair as she watched Cuphead sprint for his life. The object-head shrugged, pulling out a coin.

"Heads or tails? Call it." The coin flipped over a few times in the air before Mugman smacked it back onto his arm.

"Tails!" Y/n shouted as he lifted his hand.

"Nope, heads. Have fun!" He smiled, going back to his reading as Y/n laid back against the staircase, groaning.

"He's your brother!"

"He's your boyfriend." A smile crept onto Y/n's face, her blush quickly returning.

"Touché. I'm on it." Sticking her fingers between her lips, she whistled as loud as she could, turning to face the pair as they skidded to a halt. "Hey, Dev! If you stop trying to kill Cuphead, we can cuddle tonight!" Immediately, The Devil dropped the frightened cup, zooming over to his lover and hauling her into his arms. "Atta boy." Y/n wrapped her hands around his neck. "I'll get him to delete the footage later, just calm down. A growl escaped The Devil, glaring daggers at Cuphead as he dashed behind the bar to where Mugman was sitting, only his eyes still visible.

"I am calm!" Y/n rolled her eyes, reaching up to scratch behind his ears, immediately feeling his shoulders untense.

"Let's go crush that cup at Mario Kart for a few hours, how about that? Would you like that?" He nodded digging his face into her neck.

"Fine. But you're staying in my lap while we play."

"Works for me, hon." She gently pressed a kiss to his cheek, a giggle erupting from her when she noticed his tail swaying happily, quickly silenced by another kiss.