[Cuphead|Casino!Mugman x Reader x Casino!Cuphead] Shenanigans

[This oneshot is dedicated to the incredible _hugsfordrugs_, as a sort of sequel to the fic Flair! Sorry I went AWOL for a month, but I hope this makes up for it at least a little! Feat. 5 tabs worth of randomisers, lol. Oh, and happy pride, y'all!]

Written: Friday, 24th June 2022

The doorbell chimed it's merry tune, causing Y/n to glance at the clock on the wall. "Right on time." She smirked, getting into position. "It's open!" Her raised voice summoned her boys into the almost dark apartment. The only light illuminating their path came from the setting sun through the windows.

"Y/n?" Mugman looked around fretfully, somehow not noticing the eyes that bore into him from the darkness.

"Come on out, doll, we bought snacks!" Cuphead's eyes drifted to the massive pile of blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals that had been thrown onto the huge mattress wedged between her u-shaped couch. "Awesome, cuddle pit!" He exclaimed, drawing a chuckle from his brother.

The apartment was silent, except for the light breathing from the brothers. Y/n's hand clutched onto her pillow, waiting in anticipation... to strike!

Her footsteps were silent as she launched herself from the shadows, tackling the boys onto her couch with a mighty battle cry. Cuphead screeched, Mugman's tiny squeak getting caught in his throat. They collided with the plush, Y/n rolling on top of her conquered prey. "Hey, boys."

"Y/n! You scared the ever-lovin' creepers outta us!" Cuphead exclaimed. Mugs nodded, still trying to calm his heaving chest.

"Aww, I'm sorry. You know what, I've give you a chance to get back at me." She rolled off them into a fighting stance on the mattress, holding the pillow in one hand. The other beckoned them closer. "Face me in pillow combat, if you dare."

Grins grew on the boys faces, taking up their own weapons. "Prepare for trouble!" Cuphead grinned, elbowing Mugs in the ribs. He sighed, smiling.

"And make it double!" Y/n almost collapsed laughing before they'd even started.

"This is it, the match that will define them all. The first annual pillow war will commence in three, two... one!" Immediately, she struck the legs of her opponents, dropping Cup to her level. She rapid-fire struck his face, making 'blap' noises the whole time. "And Y/n has made the first strike. Can Cuphead recover from this devastating blow, or will Y/n continue her reign of terror?"

"It's over, Y/n, I have the high ground!" Mugman cried, throwing Y/n off her rhythm yet again.

"Are you only talking in memes now?!" She jumped for him, getting caught by her ankle at the last second, crashing to the mattress.

"Oooh, and that's a nasty fall for Y/n. Will she be able to wrestle Cuphead off in time?" Y/n blew a raspberry at the mug, smacking Cuphead with her pillow until his grip loosened enough that she could wiggle away. Mugman watched from his perch, Y/n rejoining the commentary.

"And she's recovered! It's her against the world, and she is winning! AH!" Cuphead leapt up, tackling her to the plush ground. "She may have made a slight miscalculation!" Her voice muffled under his pillow. She managed to wrestle him off, tickling proving ineffective on her porcelain partner. She took a deep breath, until Cuphead shouted,

"And what's this? Mugman make a shot from downtown!" Before feeling her other partner fall on top of her, stopping her escape. Cuphead joined in, pinning the bottom half of her.

"One, two, three!" Mugs counted on his fingers, Y/n collapsing into a giggle.

"And it is all over, folks!"