[Googleplier x Robot Reader] Robotic Love

REWRITTEN: February, 2020.

New year, new day, new school, new you. All you have to do is act normal, smile a bit, but not too much, and make it through the day. No one can know.

Y/n took a deep breath, heading slowly into the crowded halls of her new school, bag clutched tight to her body as she tried not to disturb anyone. There were groups of people everywhere, clustered around certain lockers. Everyone had someone. Except him.

A dark-haired boy sat cross-legged on a bench, somehow separated from the crowds, lips whispering the secrets of the heavy book that splayed across his lap. As Y/n walked past she caught a single muttered phrase, "Primary objective." Her blood ran cold at the familiar words, but she brushed it off. He could just be taking robotics or something, right? Maybe he's cramming for a quiz?

Before she could spiral too far into that reassuring thought, she collided with a girl. "HEY! Watch where you're walking, slut!" The taller girl shrieked, stumbling over her too-high heels and crashing into a locker. Y/n nervously curled in on herself, looking up sheepishly.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you!" The girl pushed herself off the locker, her friends filing in behind her.

"Oh, it's totally fine! You're new right?" Y/n nodded back cautiously. "So, you don't know your place. That's fine, I'll teach you!"

"Teach me? What do you-" Pain exploded through Y/n's nose, tear ducts activating as she toppled to the floor, error messages flashing wildly in what was left of her vision. Her right visual sensor had been disconnected in the fall, leaving her half-blind as she swung at the girl's ankles, before another resounding crack sounded in her head as the socket splinted at the edges.

Her vision went black, save for the multiple system failures popping up in her main frame and she lay still as the girl above her pulled Y/n's head up and slammed it back into the concrete floor. DANGER! MORTAL INJURY IMMINENT, PLEASE REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THIS SITUATION IMMEDIATELY!

"Phoebe, cut it out, you're gonna kill her!" A voice cried out. Y/n felt her body being lifted from the cold floor, her 'blood' trickling from her nose, iron filling her mouth. She faded into repair mode with one final promise from the voice. "You'll be ok, I'll make sure of it."

[Time skip!]

SYSTEM STABLE. REBOOTING...

Y/n startled upright with a gasp, hands immediately grasping the cord protruding from the base of her neck. She calmed slightly. Maybe it had just been a dream?

But the more she looked around, the more she realised this wasn't her garage. She pulled up her analytics, wincing at the stats that appeared. SENSORS: 95% ONLINE, RIGHT VISUAL SENSOR DAMAGED. She had kind of gleaned that from the massive black spot in her line of sight.

MINOR BRUISING TO OUTER EPIDERMAL LAYER, NO ACTION REQUIRED. Y/n gently prodded at the bruises that littered her face, wincing slightly.

SKELETAL MAINFRAME: RIGHT EYE SOCKET DAMAGED, LEFT KNEECAP SHATTERED. Great. She could almost feel the splintered bone under her fingers as she traced it. Must've hit it on her way down.

ESTIMATED REPAIR TIME: 4 DAYS. PLEASE ALLOW OPTIMAL SLEEP DURING THIS PERIOD FOR MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY.

Y/n sighed heavily, running a hand through her matted hair. "God, first day at a new school and I already have to miss classes. Just my luck."

A groan made her ears prick up as she turned her head to the boy from earlier, sleeping on his desk with his head buried in his arms. He slowly eased himself up, putting his glasses back on as he stretched his back, padding over towards Y/n. "Uh, hey, you ok? You got pretty messed up back there." An awkward smile spread across his face as he rubbed the back of his neck, glancing away. Y/n forced a pained grimace in response, that could've looked like a smile, provided you were squinting. And blind.

"No, yeah, yeah, I'm doing ok. I wish I could turn off my pain sensors 'cause my knee hurts like all hell and I can't see straight, but no, I'm fine."

A familiar cold began to settle in Y/n's gut, icing her veins as panic set in once more. "Hey, uh, how'd you know what to do with all..." She gestured wildly to the equipment around her, subtly moving towards the end of the table. "...this." Her working eye began to well up as she prepared to book it if she needed to.

"Oh, god, please... Don't cry! Hey, listen, I promise to answer all your questions, but I can tell you everything while I fix up your knee, ok? I won't hurt you." He knelt down in front of her, flipping a tiny switch near her knee as the 'skin' phased out, leaving only the shattered innards. He sucked in a sharp breath, pulling his toolbox over to him, digging for some tool or another as he began to explain.

"Ok, 1. I have a dozen of these cords lying around. 2. This isn't a garage, it's an abandoned shed out the back of the school where I come to hang out. 3. I'm like you." He stopped for a moment, a wave of nostalgia washing over him. "I'm an IRL. I just wanted to live amongst them, I just wanted to live. We were some of the only few to escape the recall." He sighed, standing up with a groan, unshed tears pooling in his eyes. "Anyways, your system will take the rest from here, you're good to go."

Y/n's frowned, limping over on her slightly less painful knee and pulled him into a hug, rubbing slow circles over his back as he began to sob. "My friends... My family... They were taken because of a single rouge, one killer. I just wanted to live..." He cried as Y/n led them both back to the table, sitting him down, arms still around him. "It's alright... We've got each other now, ok? Forever and always. Why don't you tell me your name?"

"Googleplier, or Google. I go by Mark in public." He sniffled out, still refusing to look in her eyes.

"I'm Y/n, nice to meet you." She pressed a quiet kiss to his hairline. "I'll be with you til the end of the line."

Google looked up from his chest, staring openly at her with tired eyes, full of hope. "Forever?" He whispered, taking her hand and squeezing it softly. She grinned back.

"Always."