[BF:U|Ricky Goldsworth x Reader] Sweet

Thanks so much again to @vikachu444 for the support. I really am sorry it took so long, inspo was just not coming. I've been trying to write this since November. I hope it suffices, though! Enjoy :D

Y/n's eyes flickered open, blinking heavily against the morning light as she glanced around her bedroom, the other side of her large double bed noticeably colder than it had been the night before. She smiled at the sight of her cat, now taking up as much room as his tiny body would allow, swinging her legs over the side of the bed and jumping, her landing on the hardwood floor muffled by the ridiculous patterned socks she had on. Grabbing the closest warm thing to her, which happened to be a slightly used flannel top, she padded out of the room, the shirt wrapped snug around her.

The house was mostly quiet, Y/n couldn't help but wonder if Ricky had decided to chance the streets at an early hour and just simply hadn't come back yet. But as she rounded the corner, stepping into the hallway, she heard it. The silky smooth voice of Ricky Goldsworth, humming a tune as he bustled around the kitchen. A wonderful smell filled her nostrils as she approached him. He turned, jumping a slight bit but quickly relaxing. "Morning, doll." He smiled. Y/n glanced down as his stupid "kiss the cook" apron, mock-sighing and shrugging dramatically as she approached him.

"The apron's word is law. It must be followed." She muttered, pulling him into a kiss.

"I was just about to come get you, sweetheart. Breakfast is almost ready, go sit." Ricky grinned, poking her away with a spatula. Y/n grumbled playfully, sliding into a dining chair as Ricky continued to glide around the kitchen, like he'd been cooking his whole life. It was breathtaking. He was breathtaking.

Y/n was startled from her thoughts by Ricky's gentle placement of what would've been considered a five-star breakfast in front of her, quickly followed by a large glass of juice. Ricky approached her from behind, kissing her cheek. "Hope you like it, baby."

"Thanks, hon." Y/n smiled softly at her boyfriend as he sat carefully down in the seat across from her.

"Hey, sweetheart. I was, uh, wondering something." He raised a nervous hand to the back of his neck, the other resting on hers from across the table. Y/n looked up from her plate, running a thumb across his knuckles as she squeezed his hand.

"What is it, hon? Everything okay?"

"Everything's fine, doll, but... I have something I'd like to ask you..." Ricky raised himself from the dinner table, pulling a small box from the pocket of his pajama pants as he got down on one knee in front of her chair. Y/n clapped a hand over mouth, tears forming in her eyes. "Will..." He popped open the box. "Will you marry me, Y/n L/n?"

Y/n dropped from her chair into Ricky's awaiting arms. "Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! I will absolutely marry you." Ricky smiled, popping the small silver ring on her finger, it's singular sapphire glittering in the daylight. Y/n grinned, pulling him into a kiss, both of them smiling into it so much, it was barely a kiss at all. Y/n suddenly up and ran to her room, speeding back into view with her own little box, plopping back into Ricky's lap and carefully sliding the golden band with a shining ruby onto his finger.

And so, they were happy. They got married, Tins learned to love Ricky and vice versa and they found a lovely big house, overlooking a lake, where they could dance and eat breakfast in the company of each other for the rest of their lives. They were content in each other's arms.

THE END.