Chapter 31 - hit the road

Only a couple days went by after dumbledores death before we all were sent home, I went back to the burrow, to the Weasley family with Ron. I don't want to be alone at the moment, especially after what's happened, fortunately I have hidden my arm very well and I try using a small Disillusionment Charm when I can therefore the mark blend into my skin.
I arrived at the Weasleys happier than I have been these last couple weeks,
"Molly!" I embrace her warmly, she returns the hug with a beaming smile.
"Cleo! It's so wonderful to have you here again, the boys have missed you something terrible" she tells me, I chuckle lightly.
"Where are they?" I look around the burrow, Molly shrugs her shoulders.
"Either upstairs or at the shop" she suggest before fussing over Ginny and Ron, I face upstairs to where I sent my bags, edger perches in his cage quietly as he stares around my room.
"George! Fred!" I call out, I run about the house but I don't find them.
However I do hear the door open downstairs, I sprint to the front door and smile at the ginger haired twins.
"Cleo!" They say in unison, I bolt forward claiming them both in my arms.
"Freddy, Georgey" I coo, Fred bursts out laughing whilst he pulls away.
"You have missed us" he smirks, I roll my eyes and continue clinging onto George. The warm familiar smell welcomes me, the same smell of the love potion that very first day I helped slughorn out. I go on the tip of my toes to get even close to Georges face, he leans down at a slight and presses his lips against mine. I smile into the kiss then pull away.
Molly stares at us adoringly, on the other side of us Fred just stands as if in disgust but the creeping smirk tells me something different.
"Let's go upstairs" I take hold of the boys hands then drag them up the stairs, Molly calls up after us.
"supper will be ready shortly so don't be long".
"What are we doing?" George asks, I sit on my bed with my knees underneath me.
"How's business?" I ask, Fred gives me a thumbs up,
"Great, how's school?" Fred slouches beside me. I have to gesture for George to sit the other side.
"Um, it was fine until the death eaters showed up" I lie, schools been awful, and working there isn't the hard part.
"I know, Dumbledore was a great wizard, don't you want to talk about something else?" George drapes his arm around me soothingly, I lean into him with a heaving sigh.
"Watch this" I change the subject, I lean forward then flick my finger opening Edgers cage. I lean back and with one look at me edger starts to fly upwards.
"He can fly really well now, and breathe fire but he knows not to inside the house" I explain, edger lands on my lap allowing me to pet him.
"Considering how you were with dragons you really are the tamer now, I bet Charlie would ask you to help him with dragons if you didn't work at Hogwarts." Fred nudges me playfully, I smile and nod my head.
"Yeah, maybe the one I got put with for the tournament was just having a bad day" I suggest jokily,
"Suppers ready!" Molly calls down.
We all have supper, Molly tried to cheer everyone up but nothing is the same at the moment even more so when there's a newspaper with Dumbledore dead written all over it, after supper we helped clear away then I went straight to bed.
George joined me, his embrace is like a large blanket.
I kissed him goodnight before I fell asleep.
This routine went on for about a week, we'd wake up Fred and George would go back to the shop, Ron and Ginny do as they please, Molly would try and keep herself busy, Arthur does what ever he does during the day to get the house ready and protected and I would either go with the twins; playing practical jokes or stay at home and help with Molly. Then we'd all come home have supper share what we did today and then
My dark mark stays hidden, I've had no dreams and no visits from Bellatrix, well that was until today.
I go to leave the shop,
"I'll be back later, I'm just going to take a walk before heading home" I tuck my wand away and slide on my jacket.
"Okay just remember we're helping Harry tomorrow" George apperates down to me, I warmly kiss him, lingering there for a moment.
"I love you" I smile, George winks at me.
"I know" he then heads back to his twin, I exit the shop before walking away.
I take my usual route, I always go for a wonder before heading home it keeps me sane.
Nevertheless, today is different.
I turn down the alleyway, I spot Severus waiting there.
"You need to come now, we have a meeting, if you don't want to die you need to attend them" Severus storms towards me, he clutches onto my arm and disapparates.
"I don't want to be anywhere near that monster! I didn't want to be a death eater! I'd rather die" I spit at him, Severus glares at me.
"Not under the dark lords hand, now just sit inside and stay quiet, don't speak, don't react unless the dark lord wants you too. Draco will be inside and no doubt he's saved you a seat" Severus explains, I stare up at Malfoy manor with a twisted feeling.
"Fine, but I will never give information on Harry" I warn, Severus gives up on me and we go inside.
I grab onto his forearm when we enter, One of the professors from Hogwarts is hovering above the table, I can't remember her name but I've seen her before. Severus doesn't react like I do, Voldemort turns to us.
"Severus, Clementine, I was beginning to worry you had lost your way, come we've saved you both a seat" he gestures towards the long table, I try not to shake when I walk to the seat beside Draco.
"Its so wonderful that you've finally succumbed to our ways, clementine. Severus, do you bring news I trust?" The dark lord faces Severus only,
"It will happen the Saturday next at nightfall" Severus informs him, yet on the other wise of the table a croaked voice speaks up, Saturday just happens to be tomorrow.
"I've heard differently, my Lord. Dawlish, the Auror, has let slip that the Potter boy will not be moved until the thirtieth of this month, the day before he turns seventeen." Yaxley, the death eater, argues.
"This is a false trail! The Auror Office no longer plays any part in the protection of Harry Potter. Those closest to him believe we have infiltrated the Ministry." Severus corrects him,
"Well they've got that right haven't they?" A face whom I've never met before chuckles causing everyone else too.
I face Draco for a second, he turns to me at the same moment, then Voldemort continues.
"What say you Pius?" Voldemort speaks up to the other end of the table.
"One hears many things my lord, whether the truth is among them is not clear" Pius speaks more confidently than most would.
"Spoken like a true politician, you will I think prove most useful Pius" the dark lord cracks a smile, "where will he be taken, the boy?" He asks Severus
"To a safe house, most likely the house of someone in the order, I'm told it's been given every manor of protection possible but once there it will be impractical to attack him" Severus informs the dark lord, I almost roll my eyes but don't as it would give away where Harry is to be staying also known as the burrow.
Bellatrix clears her throat as she tries to gain the attention of Voldemort,
"My lord, I'd like to volunteer myself for this task, I want to kill the boy" bellatrix melts in her words, interrupting our meeting is a bellowing, painful scream from downstairs, I grasp onto Draco's hand and squeeze it. He doesn't let go in fact he holds on tighter than I do.
"Wormtail! Have I not spoken to you about keeping our guests quiet!" Voldemort snaps, Wormtail staggers backwards spluttering his words out.
"Yes, my lord, right away, my lord" he rushes away.
"As inspiring as I find your bloodlust Bellatrix, I must be the one to kill Harry Potter" Voldemort rejects her offer, "But I face an unfortunate complication, that my wand and Potter's share the same core. They are in some ways twins, we can wound but not fatally harm one another" Voldemort rises to his feet then waltz around the table, my side of the table.
"If I am to kill him, I must do it with another's wand." Voldemort trails his bony fingers along the tops of the chairs, I squeeze Draco's hand even more if possible as my heart speeds up. Voldemort stops at me then returns to pacing forward. "Come surely one of you would like the honour?" He stops near the bottom of the table only to spin on his heels and head back up towards Draco and I. "what about you, Lucius?" Voldemort walks straight past is to Lucius.
"My lord?" He squeaks, the fear that Lucius gives off is clear.
"My lord? I require your wand" Voldemort stretches his hand out, Lucius slowly removes his wand with shaking hands he gives it to the dark lord. "Do I detect elm?"
"Yes, my lord" Lucius whispers, Voldemort studies the wand. He breaks the personalised handle, then throws it back to Lucius.
"And the core?" He questions, Lucius clears his throat.
"Dragon heart string, my lord" Lucius notifies about his wand, Voldemort tries out the wand by bringing forward the professor that floated like a ballon.
"For those who do not know we are joined tonight by Miss Charity Burbidge, who until recently taught at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Her speciality was muggle studies..." Voldemort explains, many of the death eaters laughed at the mention of muggle studies. I didn't, muggle studies was one of my best subjects when I was in school. "It is miss Burbidge's belief that muggles are not so different from us. She would given her way, have us mate with them" he continues as many noises of disgust erupt along with more laughter. "To her the mixture of magical and muggle blood is not an abomination but something to be encouraged" Voldemort takes his seat at the top of the table.
"Severus, Severus please, we're friends" miss Burbidge begged for mercy, I jump forward letting go of Draco's hand when the dark lord kills her.
"Have you got something to say, clementine?" Voldemort asks, I lean back.
"No, my lord" I mumble. Nagini slithers onto the table, the snake was humongous. Voldemort allowed her to eat the professor.
I squeeze my eyes shut and Draco took hold of my hand once more.
"You are dismissed" Voldemorts waves us all off.
I stand up among the others, I rush down the stairs and out of the house. Draco chases after me,
"This is madness!" I cry out, just before Draco can touch me I dispparate back to the burrow.
I collapse on my bed and try my best to fall asleep.
By the time I woke up the next day it was late afternoon,
"Why didn't you wake me up?"
I scold George.
"You had bags around your eyes, you needed it" he kisses my head, it's true I still haven't gotten over the lack of sleep I had when I was at Hogwarts.
"Just in time! Come on, girl, we've got to get to Harry's" as soon as I emerge into the living I am being tugged away by everyone mostly mad eye moody.
"Are you alright, you look as if you've seen a ghost?" Hermione joins my side, I embrace her and smile a small smile of relief.
"I'm fine what about you?" I ask, she smiles softly but her eyes say something different.
"I'm great" she says before we all head to Harry's. As we stand outside, I bump into Fleur.
"Fleur?" I furrow my eyebrows, she smiles at me and hugs me.
"Cleo!" She goes backwards into bill Weasley, by the looks of things they're together. I'll have to ask when we get home.
Harry opens the door, Hagrid greets him then Harry hugs hermione and Ron.
"Harry!" I hug him as well then we all disperse into the living room. I stand beside Fred and George blocking the recent events of earlier from my mind.
We all start to chat then just as Remus and Tonks are about to make an announcement mad eye moody interrupts them.
"Alright! We will have time for a cosy catch up later! We've got to get the hell out of here, and soon. Potter you're underage, which means you've still for the trace on you..." Mad eye reprises harry,
"What's the trace?" Harry interrupts quickly with one question.
"Well if you sneezed the ministry would know who wipes your noise, point is we have to use those means of transport the trace can't detect; brooms, thestrals and the bike. We go in pairs that way if anyone's out there waiting for us and I reckon there will be they won't know which Harry potter is the real one." mad eye takes the polyjuice potion from his jacket. They've been planing this for over a week, I feel they're pretty satisfied with how it should play out.
"The real one?" Harry furrows his eyebrows in confusion.
"I Believe your familiar with this particular brew" mad eye opens the top with a pop, Harry's face drops.
"No! Absolutely not!" Harry objects,
"Told you he'd take it well" hermione speaks up, we've been planning this for a couple weeks now and hermione mentioned it wouldn't go down well with Harry.
"Do you think I'm going to let everyone risk their lives for me?" Harry asks,
"Never done that before have we?" Ron sarcastically comments, I smirk and roll my eyes.
"This is different! Taking that becoming me! No!" Harry faces Ron.
"Well none of us really fancy it mate" George smirks,
"Yeah, what if something went wrong then we'd be a screwy speccy git forever" Fred jokes along with his brother. I laugh quietly under my breath,
"Everyone here is of age, Potter, they've all agreed to take the risk" mad eye looks around at all of us, that's when Mundungus speaks up. Madeye quietens him down.
"Alright granger as discussed" Madeye nods his head, hermione rips a hair from Harry's head then they put it in the polyjuice.
It bubbles and fizzes as it brews.
"For those of you who haven't taken poly juice potion before, fair warning it taste like goblin piss" madeye hands the juice to George. It really does, I've had it before when I tried sneaking out of Beauxbaton once.
"Have lot of experiences with that do you mad eye?" George tries to lighten the mood, before taking a swig. Then Fred does, I take a sip next.
I choke it down as I feel myself start to change, I burst out laughing when we all turn into Harry.
"Wow, we're identical" George and Fred turn to each other, I roll my eyes.
"Not yet you're not" mad eye pours out a bunch of Harry sized clothes that all look the same.
"Hey George wanna kiss?" I lean forward, he chuckles and pushes me off him. I scoop up some clothes and walk into the other room.
"Where are you going?" Fred asks.
"Does everyone here want to see Harry in a thong, I don't think so" I mention as I walk out followed by a burst of laughter.
I walk back into the room once I'm changed. I place on some glasses.
"We'll all be paring off, each Harry will have a protector. Mundungus stick to me I want to keep an eye on you, as for Harry..." Mad eye moody receives a chorus of yes from all the Harry's. "the real harry, where the devil are you anyway?" Harry reveals himself, "you ride with Hagrid" he orders.
We all go outside, I don't get paired. I'm a distraction if anything happens to anyone.
I hop on a broomstick and look around nervously, at least I'm not in my normal form if I was and there is to be death eaters I'd be dead within seconds.
Mad eye counts to three before we all take for the burrow.
I swallow the lump in my throat as we go to enter a thunder cloud, I gasp when spot death eaters.
"Keep going!" Someone yells at me. I can't see them but I ignore them and pull my wand out, I manage to shoot a many of the death eaters down from their brooms and many flee.
I yelp when I feel my grip slip from my broom, I hurdle towards the earth out of the cloud.
Mid-fall I disapperate to the burrows.
I scream out loudly when my back hits the floor with a thump, more embarrassingly in front of most people.
It's clear that it's me as the juice has worn off as well.
Remus helps me up, I groan and thank him.
I look around to see Fred coming towards us, I notice everyone is pretty much here.
"Where's George?" I ask in unison with Fred, maybe we are spending too much time together.