Chapter 55 - best moments

A/N - a quick authors note before you start this chapter, I'd just like to say this chapter is going to be either really emotional or really happy for you to read. I realised I never focused much on the twins in the chapters where Cleo was at Hogwarts so here is what I think would be some of the best stories Cleo would tell about the boys to Donnie.

"Evenin' love." Donnie swaggers into my front room, I look up and shoot a half hearted glare at the man. "Oh come on, it's been five days since ya saw the Malfoys. Will ya stop being such an ass and talk to me?" Donnie crashes down onto the other end of the sofa I sleep on. It's true I haven't spoken more than a one word answer to Donnie since the incident with Lucius but I've been busy with my day job, that's what I'm calling it since now I also have to work with Donnie. That doesn't mean he hasn't spoken to me, he's sat with me each evening discussing our upcoming shenanigans.
"Donnie, have you ever heard of giving someone space?" I groan kicking my legs out at him, Donnie catches my ankles and pulls me closer to him. I scream not realising I'm smiling until my face is close to his.
I end up almost on Donnie's lap, he reaches over and brushes my hair away from my face.
"There's my girl." Donnie whispers, he mustn't of realised what he said so I end up Shifting awkwardly, pulling my legs off Donnie so I'm just sitting next to him.
"Donnie, I miss my old life...I've been having dreams about it since Lucius mentioned the Weasleys." I suddenly bring this up to change the subject.
"Oh really? The life full of nightmares, war, death and suffering? That one?" Donnie turns cold, he rubs his hand over his face shaking his head.
"It wasn't just that. I had so many amazing memories, my short years at Hogwarts were the best years of my life even if I never slept. Even with the deaths of so many I cared about. Hogwarts was my home as was the Burrow. I miss the Weasleys...I miss Fred." I sigh pulling my knees to my chest.
"I know you do." Donnie's voice is soft again, however this time barely a whisper.
"I remember the first time I met them it was because of Harry, Ron and Hermione...."
Flashback
"Hey Cleo" Harry says whilst Ron is speechless, that's when two ginger twins run in cheering holding up their names and some sort of potion.
They look quite similar to Ron,
"Well lads we've done it cooked it up just this morning" one of them explain to a group of friends.
I sit back down with hermione.
"Who are they?" I whisper,
"Fred and George weasley, the weasley twins" she explains without even having to look up. I watch them carefully.
"It's not going to work" hermione tells the boys, her voice taunting and sing-song like.
"Oh yeah, why's that granger?" One of them asks, another one of them sits beside me. He watches me carefully and smiles slightly.
"You see this, this is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself" Hermione explains
"She's right I was there when he did it last night that's when I put my name in" I say, the boys don't really look bothered.
"So?" The one beside me asks,
"So! A genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something as pathetically dim witted as an ageing potion" hermione explains.
"And that's why it's so brilliant" the one beside me says,
"Because it's so pathetically dim witted" the other one finishes his sentence. I have to find out which one which. The boys stand up.
"Ready Fred?" So the one who sat next to me is Fred
"Ready George" and the other one is George.
"...Of course the ageing position didn't work and they were temporarily old men due to the age line that Dumbledore drew. But anyways, later on I met them again just before the names were announced for the triwizard tournament. We introduced ourselves and it all started from there." I tell Donnie, half smiling at the memory of the Twins with grey hair looking like old men. My heart aches at the thought of Fred, Donnie notices my face and leans forward slightly.
"Ya know love, talking about these things might 'elp ya get over that Weasley boy. Both of em. You know that I don't really want to listen to ya talk about some other guy but if it 'elps I'm always 'ere." Donnie takes hold of my hand and squeezes it. I smile at him partially rolling my eyes.
"Thanks Donnie, I don't know where start with the boys. They were the most mischievous students Hogwarts had in years, before that it was Sirius Black, James Potter, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew. One brilliant night was the Yule ball, I went with George since everyone wanted me to go with Viktor Krum. George, Fred and I spent the whole night together, I remember after the ball had completely finished before we went back to the common room Fred and George carried me outside towards the forbidden forest and..."
Flashback
"Where are you going?! It's late we need get back inside!" I hiss at the twins as Fred takes one of my hands and drags me out of the hall, I rub my eyes whilst yawning.
"Hurry up Cleo!" The twins whine, I groan and roll my head backwards. Suddenly I feel myself being lifted up, I squeal in surprise as I'm sat on the twins shoulders.
"Watch your head if we come to a low doorway." Fred winks up at me, I cling onto the boys for my life.
After a few turns we find ourselves outside by the path towards the forbidden forest.
"No way! No way! It's early hours of the morning Fredrick! George!" My eyes widened as they didn't stop moving closer to the trees.
"Oh come on Clementine! Don't you want to see what's in there at night?" Fred chuckles, suddenly there's a loud rustling in the bushes.
"Hell no." I tremble as the boys place me on the ground in front of them, I feel George's hand in mine holding on tightly. George must've noticed how cold I am because he hands me his jacket, I put it on and it hangs off my frame like my dress.
There's another rustle and a low animalistic sound...
"We should go." I suggest,
"Yeah!" The boys say in unison, we laugh hysterically as we sprint back up to the castle. The boys link arms with me, the sky seems to be getting lighter but very slowly.
I bat my eyes sleepily at the boys as they walk me back to the beauxbaton rooms.
We arrive and I kiss both of their cheeks before they leave me to return to their own rooms.
End of flashback
"...That was a great night. That was the night I fell in love with George, I remember when I first kissed him under the mistletoe on Christmas and then after that we were stuck. I remember starting Hogwarts as a student and one day I lead George astray from Fred for once by pulling him into a nearby closet as Fred continued walking to the gryffindor common room."
Flashback
"And you should've seen his face, Cleo!..." Fred walks beside me rabbiting on about some prank he and George pulled on Ron the other day, my hands intertwined with George's and I watch his face as he adds onto the conversation brightly smiling. Just as we are about to turn down the corridor to go to the common room I notice a small wooden door, a broom closet.
I tug George quietly to the side and open the door pushing him into it, I burst out laughing as his foot lands in a silver bucket whilst he falls breaking a mop. Filch isn't going to be happy about that.
"What are you doing?" George smiles, I press my hand over George's mouth to silence him.
"Shush! Be quiet." I laugh whilst whispering, George furrows his eyebrows at me before realising what I actually brought him in here for.
"We haven't been alone since Christmas you idiot I just thought..." I start but George cuts me short by crashing his lips on mine, I smile against his lips and press upwards onto my tiptoes so I can wrap my wrist around George's neck with my other hand on his waist.
George lifts me up and places me on a sturdy looking box, I wrap my legs around his torso now I'm higher up, more specifically eye level with him.
I bury my hands in his hair as he deepens the kiss, meanwhile what I forgot is that Fred owns the marauders map...
Suddenly the door bursts open.
"Busted!" Fred bursts out laughing as George's cheek turn a slight shade of pink, George shoves Fred out of the cupboard but that only makes Fred laugh even harder. I smile rolling my eyes and jump up placing Fred in a head lock.
"You know the next time we know you're with a girl we're going to use the marauders map and completely ruin your day." I grit my teeth together jokingly, Fred escapes my clutches and presses a kiss against my cheek before tackling his brother again.
End of flashback
Of course when I told Donnie that story I left out the gory details, of course I also explained what the marauders map is to him also.
I spot Donnie smiling slightly at the story,
"They sound like pains in the arse." Donnie shakes his head, I lean backwards slightly closing my eyes as I run my hand through my hair.
"Believe me they were a lot of things. I think the best times at Hogwarts were when we'd sneak to honeydukes in the middle of the night. Because of the marauders map we knew all the hidden pathways in and out of Hogwarts. One of them lead straight to Hogsmeade through Honeydukes. We'd go through the pathway, steal some sweets and then go back and just pig out..."
Flashback
"We have to be quiet, you do realise because of your noisy ass we almost got caught last time." I prod Fred in the chest with my index finger, he pouts and rubs where I poked him.
"I'm sorry miss 'I can't reach the top someone get that chocolate for me'. I'd it wasn't for you I wouldn't of been noisy." Fred backfires that on me, I shove him slightly as he chuckles.
George lifts the trap door and pulls himself upwards, I follow then Fred follows me. We creep up the stairs towards the door that leads to the shop. I came here earlier and disabled any locks and security matters, Fred and George always found that my rebellious ways came in handy.
I walk in and head straight to the sugar quills, Fred goes to restock his jellybeans, George quickly snags the chocolate bars.
"George! Don't forget get a chocolate frog! I've almost got a complete collection of cards." I smile proudly at the thought of my collection.
"God you're almost as bad as Ron." Fred mumbles quietly, I throw a liquorice wand at Fred's head which he ducks, the sweet hits George in the back of the head instead.
I struggle to hide a snicker as Fred laughs almost silently.
I grab a pepper imp and a couple pumpkin pasties, Fred and George finish collecting the other goods then we disperse back down into cellar,
"You know if we keep taking this much someone is going to notice." I chuckle lightly as we make our way back into the tunnel.
"Oh please, they'll never notice..." Fred starts
"They never have before!" George finishes. We make it back to the common room at around one since we had to be slick, lately snaps had been wondering these corridors late at night. The fat lady wasn't too happy about us disturbing her but let us inside anyway.
We rush over to one corner of the common room and dump our stash on the floor,
"These are amazing." I giggle childishly as I pick up a pepper imp which allows me to breathe fire, Fred band George roll their eyes. Fred bravely puts a handful of Bertie bots every flavour beams in his mouth, I cringe and stare at him wide eyed.
"That's vile." I pick up my chocolate frog and unwrap it,
"Dumbledore, looks like you'll never finish your card collection, Cleo." George and feed say simultaneously, I sigh and put the card down before biting down on the frogs head.
"Push off you two." I groan, George slithers his arm around my waist and pulls me onto his lap.
"You love us really." George smiles, I sigh dramatically and face Fred.
"Actually George, I have something to admit." I face George again, I pull the best serious/longing face I can. "I've always been in love with Fred, I never loved you. My heart always belonged to Fredward." I throw myself off George and lie across Fred's lap, George huffs.
"But I'm the better looking one. I don't understand where I went wrong." George grumbles half heartedly, I laugh whilst I rejoin him placing a kiss on his cheek.
"Get a room." Fred tosses a sugar quill in our direction. I stick my tongue out before eating the sweet he threw.
End of flashback
"We'd spend hours awake obviously regretting it in the morning, it's not like I could sleep anyway with my nightmares. We'd talk about new pranks, professors, classes, the future. Whatever came to mind, one night Fred spend the whole night planning mine and George's wedding." I feel tears  flood my eyes,
"You said they were the best times at Hogwarts what about when ya weren't at Hogwarts?" Donnie asks actually showing more interest than I expected.
"The best day I remember was a day in the summer before I went to Hogwarts to be Professor. We were at the burrow and we decided to have an adventure. It was one of the best days and nights I'd spent with the Weasleys." I brush away a tear that dared to fall.
Flashback
"Where are we going?" Fred whined, I locked hands with George as we walked up a steep hill,
"Just for a walk, I found a place up here the other day when you were at the shop. You can see everything from where it is. And there's also a small stream." I explain, George looked over his shoulder back where the burrow sits.
"We've been walking for over an hour, look how far away we are." George mutters rather grumpily, I sigh and wipe the beads of sweat above my eyebrows.
"Here we are." I smile widely running over to sit under the shade of the large oak tree that stands beside the stream. What I said was true you can see everything from up on this mountain.
"We could've apperated up here!" Fred collapses next to me,
"But if we did we wouldn't of had that lovely walk now would we?" I tease him, Fred groans and downs the drink he brought with him.
With that George picked me up and threw me in the small river that lay beside the tree, I scream loudly as I hit the cold water. I feel my back hit the bottom of the riverbed before I resurface.
Fred and George are laughing their arses off, I growl and pull my wand out using a branch of the tree to push them into the water.
Pause
"We spent the afternoon there just chilling and talking, I cuddled up to George and Fred being the third wheel held my hand. I had never laughed so much in my life that afternoon with them two being the idiots they were. We apperated back to the burrow for dinner which was a Barbecue, after that when the sun went down Arthur set up a bonfire.
Continue
"Don't get two close to the fire boys you'll set yourself ablaze!" Molly scolds the twins for nearing the large fire pit, I smile at them before settling myself down a short distance away from fire; opposite Arthur and Molly.
George drapes his arm over my shoulders and I rest my head on his shoulder, I feel his lips against my head before Fred joins us.
"Marshmallow anyone?" He asks opening a bag. I snatch one and a stick which Ginny is handing out.
"They're enchanted to sing when they're near heat watch." Ginny places hers by the fire so it slowly starts roasting, a blissful tune starts to arise as the marshmallow browns.
"That's so sweet."  I mumble before setting mine near the fire.
"Literally." Ron replies to my comment with a mouthful of marshmallow, soon the air was full of a light tune with the occasional joke or snide comment from the twins.
End of flashback
"That was it, just a night of scary stories, star gazing, cuddling, jokes, a couple pranks on Ron and when I went to sleep I didn't have any kind of nightmare." I explain, my body yearns for those times again when I had the twins company twenty four seven. I face Donnie to see his smile has dropped.
"There's someone by the window." He whispers almost silently to me, my head turn almost instantly towards the window where the curtains are drawn.
"Get down."