Chapter 47 - back to him

"Think he's killed me, did you? Well, that's not necessarily true. And to think you've disobeyed me too many occasions and I've let you get away with it!" He chuckles shaking his head, "Not this time, you think you've felt pain? Cleo, you may have suffered the cruciatus curse more times than most but when I cast it you won't know what's hit you!" Lord Voldemort circles me as if I'm his prey, simple and easy to kill. Tormenting me.
I try to speak but it's almost like it's impossible, as if someone's used to the silencing charm on me.
Suddenly flashes of pictures and memories flood my head, every time I'd ever seen the dark lord, all the dreams, all the pain, the dark mark, Bellatrix, every death I've witnessed as a death eater at the hand of another death eater or Voldemort himself. Finally to finish it off, the dream I hated the most.
I swing my arm out, the silencing charm instantly vanishes and before I know what I'm doing I scream. "Avada kedavra!" Green sparks from the tip of my wand and straight into his chest. Georges chest.
I bolt forward, sweat and tears are streaming down my face. I gasp for air, my chest is tight and my stomach knotted.
My nightmares to do with Voldemort always came from him, he always played inside my head cause he knew how to get inside but how could he possibly do that if he's dead.
Harry killed him so I'm safe, this was of my own creation. Wasn't it?
I shake off the dream to have shower, I switch the hot water on and strip down.
When I look in the mirror I notice the steam, shaped as the dark mark. I squeeze my eyes shut turning my back on it, however when I climb into the shower I peer behind my shoulder to see the steam isn't shaped any more.
"Wake up, Cleo." I mutter to myself as the hot water dampens my hair.
I don't take long to finish up and change before heading to Diagon alley. I stop by the small tea shop to pick up a coffee then head to the shop.
"I thought you'd be here soon. I didn't think you were someone who sleeps in during the mornings." David greets me warmly as I open the door, I smile at him.
"I'm more of a person who tries not to sleep at all." I admit my tone of voice more serious than anything, David ignores my quiet remark before he finishes reordering some new books.
"Sharon's still in bed, I better wake her up. Call me down if you need anything." David disappears back up to his flat whilst I perch myself behind the counter. Just by the cash register I notice a book with a small note on top.
Cleo,
It's new, recommendations from Muggle critics are through the roof. I thought you might enjoy it.
David.
I smile putting the note to the side then lifting the book up, I open the first page running my hand over the smooth lightly cream coloured page. Inhaling deeply.
I love new book smell.
As I ventured through the story I didn't even realise a customer had come into the shop until I saw a hand slam a bunch of books down on the counter, my head shoots up in shock.
My eyes catch the first glimpse of the curly wild black hair and that wicked grin causing me to tumble backwards off my chair, I gasp as I hit the floor with a mighty crash. Bellatrix. I scramble for my wand but when I look up again I see a rather confused and unamused girl staring down at me.
"Is everything alright?" She asks raising her eyebrows at me, I groan as I try to stand up.
"Yeah, sorry. Um, is this all?" I take the books checking each price, the girl nods her head swiftly before reaching for her purse.
How could I be so foolish I saw Bellatrix die with my own eyes during the battle of Hogwarts.
The girl pays leaving the shop with a bag full of books whilst I have a back burning in pain, I run my hand over my face and groan aloud.
"Everything alright, dear? I heard something fall." Sharon slowly makes her way over to me, I laugh shaking my head.
"That was my body hitting the floor, it's alright though. I thought I saw something but it was just my mind playing tricks on me."
"Oh. Okay. Try and be more careful next time." Sharon tries to hide a snigger, I roll my eyes at her before picking up my book again. "David and I have to pop out for a little while, I was hoping you could manage on your own for a couple of hours. We'll be back just in time for your lunch break." Sharon asks,
"Of course I can manage, it's a nice day go and enjoy it." My hand gestures to the blue sky outside, Sharon sighs adoringly.
"It is, isn't it? I guess summers finally on it's way."
"Must be." I agree, that's when David joins us. His frowned expression changes when he places the newspaper on the side, walking towards his wife.
"You ready?" David presses his lips against his wife's head, "like Sharon must've told you, we'll back back in time for your lunch so don't worry about having to close anything up." David turns to face me, I stroll out from behind the counter and practically push them towards the door.
"I know! Just go! I'll be fine." I laugh quietly, Sharon touches my cheek in a thanking way.
"It's nice to have someone run this place so we can do more things. Thank you, Cleo."
"Your very welcome, it's my pleasure." I take a step backwards regaining my spot behind the counter, I watch the elderly couple leave before forcing my attention to the newspaper.
Is Clementine Kingsworthy hiding something?
'Clementine or Cleo Kingsworthy was surprisingly alone at lunch a couple days ago, she was looking rather upset when I decided to approach her.
However when I tried to question this unsolved case and confront her on the spiralling rumours she viciously lashed out.
Is Cleos aggressive behaviour normal or is she trying to push everyone away, what has got this witch's wand in a knot?
We are still desperately on the hunt for some answers but how can we near Clementine when she's attacking anyone asking questions?
Is Cleo hiding something she desperately doesn't want us interfering with?
Find out more when we try to interview this aggressive, anger driven girl again.'
I toss the paper to the side in frustration, the picture they took makes it seem like I'm storming out of the cafe.
I mean I was but after what Rita Skeeta wrote about me, it makes it look ten times worst.
Outside the window something draws my attention, dark mist lands across the street outside one of the neighbouring shops.
My whole body grows cold, the sky grows dark and the small crowd outside dies down so only the cloaked figure can be seen.
My eyes widen with shock when I see the hood fall down revealing the dark lord, he raises his wand and I back away.
I scream as he flicks his wand, the windows smash to thousands of shredded glass and I dive down to cover myself.
Alas. I don't feel anything hit me.
I open my eyes rising to my feet, the sky outside is still blue and the shops windows are still intact.
"What the..." I exhale a shaky breath, I swallow nervously trying to rid of the lump that's stuck in my throat.
I bury my nose back in my book, my eyes scan the pages but I can't read the words. My focus lies elsewhere.
Growing frustrated after an hour to trying to read the same chapter over and over again I place the book down.
I go to sigh a sigh of defeat but my breath gets hitched in my throat when I notice a serpent like shadow along the floor.
My nails dig into my palms when I spot the scales of that one large snake which I hate so much. Nagini.
"Go away. Please, go away." I beg whilst I close my eyes, I reluctantly lean over the counter to search the floor of the shop.
The shop is empty, nothing is slithering around causing me havoc.
Jumping slightly as the door opens I try my best to act natural, a group of teenagers enter the shop.
I faintly hear them murmuring that it's cool that we sell muggle books, I also hear other small chatter about the muggle world.
Seems like these young witches and wizards are muggle borns.
Possibly fifth year? Maybe even Hogwarts students?
After those customers left it wasn't long until Sharon and David came back so I could have my lunch break.
I usher myself to the closest cafe and even contemplate eating at a muggle restaurant.
However to do that I have to travel down a small alley. Regrettably.
At the end of the alley awaits someone I knew would be there...
The horrid cloaked figure allows the hood to drop again, I go to turn around but Severus Snape blocks my way of exit.
"It's not real, you're dead!" I cry out, Voldemort merely laughs.
Suddenly as if the alley shortened itself, I'm at the end closest to Lord Voldemort.
His breath tormenting my skin, his voice piercing my brain.
I sink down the wall behind me squeezing my eyes shut. Begging, pleading, wishing for this to end.
"Excuse me?"
I feel a hand grasp hold of my arm, my eyes open to reveal a small old woman with a very concerned look on her face. "Is everything okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you." I look around as I slowly stand, the old woman holds onto her expression. "I just remembered something terrible that's all." I half tell the truth.
I make my way past her.
Just as I go to enter the small cafe, I stop myself.
A sudden thought or realisation hits me, I can't stay here, I need to be somewhere that will help.
I can't have a freak out in the middle of a cafe, people will think I've gone mad.
I disapperate to the first place that comes to mind.
Malfoy manor.
I run up to the door knocking on it vigorously, Narcissa opens the door.
"Okay! I'm here!... What do you want?" She's hesitant when she realises it's me.
"Ah Narcissa, the cousin I never really call family. Is Draco in?" I fold my arms across my chest leaning my weight onto one side, Lucius comes to the door standing behind Narcissa.
"Who is it?" Lucius asks, his face drops when he sees me.
"I won't ask again, is Draco in?" I repeat my question, Narcissa stares at me with an almost confused look.
I grow impatient and push past her, Lucius takes hold of my arm stopping me, roughly pulling me to his side.
His grim face close to mine.
"What do you want with Draco?!" He hisses, I almost laugh in his face.
"He is my family too, Lucius. I just need to speak with him!" I growl trying to rip away from his clutch.
"Why?!" He snaps tightening his hold on me, I grit my teeth together readying to swing a fist towards Lucius' face but as if just on time Draco staggers down the stairs to see me.
"Cleo?" His eyes witch between his father and I, Lucius let's go of me and I walk towards Draco. "I thought you never wanted to see me again." Draco tries to hold up a tough guard, I allow all the weight to fall from my shoulders.
"I need to talk to you and anyway I can't trust anyone else right now." I admit, Draco looks past me to his parents before taking me upstairs.
"I didn't know where to go, I just knew I had to go somewhere with someone I know." I collapse onto his bed pushing my hair from my face.
"Why? What's the matter?" Draco sits beside me, I could cry but I force myself not too.
"Last night I had a nightmare, it was about lord Voldemort and it was horrid. For years, since he came back I had nightmares and since he died they stopped but last night I had another saying he wasn't dead. All day I've been seeing him, Bellatrix and even Severus everywhere." I ramble on,
"Wait, you mean like hallucinations?" Draco cocks his eyebrow at me questioningly.
"I hope so...I mean they have to be. Everyone I've been seeing today is dead, surely it can be my mind playing tricks on me." I suggest, Draco lowers his head playing with his fingers.
"Listen, Cleo. I can tell from the dark under your eyes that you haven't been sleeping, so it's highly likely it's hallucinations. Also Muggles have this thing where after you go through war, some of it can come back with you. We had to read about it in bloody muggle studies but I can't remember what it's called. It's where your mind has been so mentally disturbed you can believe you're seeing something when really you're seeing something else completely. I don't know, it's something like that, I never payed any attention in that class." Draco grumbles, I bite my lower lip and nod my head.
"I guess, thanks Draco. I don't know why I came here, I just thought of it then I realised how much I needed someone to talk too." I admit, Draco glances over at me.
"What about your weasel, can't talk to him?" Draco mentions harshly.
"He broke up with me, Draco. Because of this." I edge up my left sleeve revealing the dark mark, Draco does the same staring down at it.
He doesn't say anything but I know exactly what he's thinking.
We have these forever and we will never be accepted fully because of them.
After a small while I say goodbye to Draco, before apperating back to the shop where I feast on a sandwich.