Chapter 38 - Hogwarts

It wasn't long until the dark lord was summoned, maybe an hour or so later.
"And what happened?! Why am I here?" Voldemort asks circling us as Bellatrix holds my arm.
"Our Cleo here was caught helping potter and his friends, she failed to hand him in, my lord." Lucius explains the partially false information.
They can't let him know that Potter slipped through their hands as well.
"Is that so?! Oh how very disappointing...I thought you had great promise as a follower as mine. However I've realised your dark Mark can no longer be hidden. As soon as your friends see this Mark you'll be dropped so fast you won't realise you've hit the bottom." The dark lords points his wand at me, my eyes widen when I notice it's the elder wand.
"I suggest we kill her for her treacherous act." Narcissa, Draco's mother lowers her head to the dark lord as she speaks.
"Did I ask for suggestions?!" Voldemort hisses, Narsicca backs away remaining silent.
"I must admit you're one of my favourite witches I have, Clementine. But you did go against me, we can't have death eaters that go against what I say can we?!" The dark lord raises me into the air, I wince in pain and tears fill my eyes.
I feel him slowly send spikes of pain through every inch of my body. "You're lucky I like you, I will not be so forgiving next time you betray me which I why I'm sending you back to Hogwarts. From what Severus told me you were a favourite professor there before dumbledore tragically died." The dark lord intensifies my pain, I scream out loud and sob.
"If you do anything like that ever again, I will not think twice about killing you. It won't be quick either, it'll be a slow, agonising death. Clementine by the end of it you'll be wishing you didn't even think about going against me." Voldemort worsens it once again, I feel blood splatter on my lips and fall from my nose.
I fall like a rag doll to the floor, choking on the blood from the torturous act.
"Forgive me, my lord." I whimper, I know if I do not say anything I'll most likely have the killing curse sent into me.
"Forgive me, my lord. Clean her up, I'll inform Severus on her arrival" the dark lord mocks me as he walks away, I wipe the blood away with my sleeve.
"Cleo, I'm sorry." Draco mutters as he helps me stand.
"Don't! Don't you dare! I'll never forgive for this, Draco!" I drag myself away, the impact from the fall has bruised my side.
I lock myself in the nearest bathroom, clearing up the blood and fixing my representation.
"Lucius I want you to personally assist our young witch to Hogwarts." The dark lord orders, I watch him as he plays with his new wand.
Lucius takes hold of my arm disapperating to the Hogwarts gates where Severus Snape awaits.
"It's good to see you again, Clementine. Thank you Lucius." Severus takes me from Lucius, he simply nods before leaving again.
"What do you think you're doing?! He could've killed you!" Snape grunts as he drags me up to the castle.
"I'll rather die then work for a monster like him." I spit on the ground, Snape stops and yanks up my sleeve.
"Well, you are working for him like it or not! He chose you and you have to fight through this not against." Severus argues with me, I pull my arm away.
"I didn't ask to be chosen, Severus!" I proclaim, Severus Snape sighs defeatedly.
"Please, just do your job, it's not your concern about those three any more. You're back here and you have students to teach." Severus practically pushes me inside the castle.
"Oh believe me, Severus, I will be teaching these students and I don't care if it breaks any of your bloody rules!" I grumble under my breath before strutting off to where Snape tells me my students will be.
I wrap my arms around myself, everything feels cold, nothing feels right here anymore.
It's dark and miserable.
As I enter multiple students run over to me.
"Cleo!" Neville, along with many others jump from their seats and wrap your arms around me in one large group hug.
I embrace them back closing my eyes as the warmth fills me.
"What's been happening here?" I ask them all.
"Hogwarts has changed, Cleo." Neville mutters, I notice several have bad wounds to the face and body.
"Bloody hell." I bite my lower lip moving away from the crowd. "I have to speak with Snape." I run off down the corridor.
"No running in the hallway!" A professor I have never seen before stops me. "what's your name?!" He barks.
"I'm a professor, thank you so no introductions will be necessary." I grunt, The professor snarls at me.
I push past him running down to the headmasters office, I enter bombarding inside.
"Who the hell was that?! How rude! Also what the bloody hell is going on in this school Severus?!" I slam my hands down on the door swinging it open.
"Do you mean professor Carrow? They're the head of discipline here, appointed by the dark lord himself. And what do you mean what's going on? We do what he wants us to do here. And I've been informed that you will help in the dark arts." Severus explains, I stand back gobsmacked.
"The dark arts?! Are you bloody mad?!" I scream, Severus shakes his head.
"Now if you'll be kind enough to exit my office, clementine!" Severus grunts. I scream in frustration.
"Dumbledore would be ashamed to see what this school has turned into." I snap.
"Yes and he'd also be ashamed that one of his most favoured students is a death eater!" Severus snaps back at me. Then using his wand sends me out of his office.
The night was rough, I said awake not daring to let any child out of my sight.
First years cries could be heard throughout the castle as well as screams from scared children.
I sat up against a wall near the seventh years, my knees brought to my chest as tears fall down my face.
This is not what Hogwarts is about.
The next day is worst.
I'm put in dark arts training as an assistant, things weren't too bad as students practised one of the unforgivable spells on insects but when the afternoon arrived, I found myself witnessing the most horrific events.
"Today we will be practising the Cruciatus Curse, whoever refuses to do as told will be punished." Professor Carrow explains, I grimace at the word punished. I've heard all about the punishments that the Carrows use. Hand beatings and sometimes even spells.
I gasp when a line of first years walk out, I share a glance with Neville.
"These shall be our test rats today." Carrow smirks.
"What?!" I raise my voice with anger and shock.
"Quieten down now, professor." Carrow turns his head to face me.
"Wands at the ready, this is just like we practised before on the spiders. This time with humans. Anyone who refuses will be punished, anyone who stops before I say will be punished and anyone who can't do it properly will be punished." Carrow paces up and down the room.
Some of the Wizards and witches reluctantly get ready to cast the curse but others do not.
Neville puts his wand away.
"Longbottom get out your wand and cast the curse just like the others." Carrow growls, lowering his voice intimidatingly.
"No! This is wrong! They're eleven years old! These curses are meant to be unforgivable" Neville defends what he stands for, that spark of goodness fulfils me with hope.
"Im going to count to three and if you don't ready your wand, you will be punished." Carrow warns him. "One...two...three..." Carrow counts but Neville still refuses. "So be it." Carrow bolts forward sending his fist into Neville's face.
Neville is beaten to the floor, I hold myself back but tears fill my eyes.
"Get up or get out." Carrow shouts in Neville's face. "the rest of you do as you've been instructed!"
Some of the others refuse and get a beating almost worst then Neville's but eventually they give in casting the curse.
I rush forward as the painful screams fill my head.
"Stop it! All of you! Stop it!" I roar, Carrow slaps me around the face quietening me down.
"What do you think you're doing, professor?! Honestly a death eater like you should be able to bare a small crucio curse." Carrow cackles.
"I won't stay here and watch you to torture children!" I keep my face and stance strong even though Carrow is much taller than me.
"Fine then, take some of the wounded and leave." Carrow sneers, I lift up Neville and a couple others taking them back to the dorms where I wipe away their blood using a cold flannel.
"I'm so sorry." I apologise to the students.
"It's not your fault." Neville mumbles, I sit beside him and rest my hand on his.
"Are you really a death eater?" A quiet voice asks behind me, I don't dare turn to see who it is.
I lift my sleeve.
"Forced into it but yes." I sniffle, my lower lip trembles and I feel like weight has been lifted from my shoulders.
"You're not really. You're different." Neville assures me taking hold of the hand that covers his.
"Thank you, Neville." I whisper whipping away my tears. "I'm going to stop this, I promise. I'm going to help."