Chapter 59 - Sharp pain

A/N - As most of you know, when I find a song which reminds me of a character I will tell you about it. Well read this chapter the song will make utter sense if it didn't already. This song reminds me of Donnie a lot, it's called 'Attention' by Wyatt. I'll put it above^^
Clementine's PoV

"Alright darlin?" Donnie leaps into the air and lands at the bottom of my sofa, I tug my blanket from out underneath him and stick my tongue out. "I'll take that as a yes. Not such a 'ard day today, I feel you'll fit right in ta this job." Donnie winks at me, flashing one of his trademark smirks.
"Great, it's exactly what I want to be doing all my life. Remind why I am doing this again?" I cock my head at the boy, Donnie rolls his eyes at me.
"Because ya love me and I need 'elp. Plus ya bored and working in a book shop. Ya need me in ya life to keep fings excitin'. What else ya gotta do?" Donnie makes a point, a bad one, but a point nevertheless.
"Sleep. Now will you get off my bed." I kick my feet at the mans thighs, Donnie chuckles and pushes himself up.
"I don't understand why ya don't sleep in a bed, ya know you're a witch right? Ya could just move ya bed down 'ere." Donnie suggests, he gestures to my wand which is laid beside the sofa ready to grab if I need.
"Goodnight Donnie." I groan pulling the blanket over my head, I hear Donnie laugh once more.
"Night Darlin'. I'll be round in the morning." And with that Donnie leaves.

*Dream*

It's dark. So dark that I can't see my hands in front of my face.
It's silent.
It's cold.
My throat is too tight to dare to try and speak, my heart thumps against my ribcage; and my forearm...my forearm burns.
I feel a weight slide over my feet, I almost scream at the top of my lungs now that I realise what is going on...
Nagini is the weight I feel on my feet, the burning is the dark mark, I know where I am and who I'm with.
"Clementine." The cold cruel voice finally breaks the silence.
"Go away." I squeeze my eyes shut even though it's already pitch black, my words are no louder than a whisper.
"Clementine." He repeats himself.
"Go away!" I screech, falling to my knees as I hold my hands over my ears.
"It's your fault. All of it." The dark lord nears me, I don't dare open my eyes, even if I did I wouldn't be able to make anything out.
"Please!" I scream even louder, begging hysterically.
"Everything. If you hadn't betrayed them, if you hadn't shown your dark mark. He would still be alive. The red headed twin. The one who you cared so much for." His voice surrounds me as if he were walking around me.
"Stop!"
"He wouldn't have gone off by himself, he wouldn't have fought on the opposite side of the castle from you. It's all your fault. It should've been you. You should've given your life when you had the chance. You should of died. It should've been you." The voice changed, half way through, the voice grew harder but changed. Instead of the dark lord, the voice belongs to...George.
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please!" I rip through the air with my vocal chords, I open my eyes to see that George is visible. The look of disgust and betrayal on his face. My heart clenches. My lungs feel as if they have collapsed, I can't breathe.
"It's your fault. Fred is dead and it's on you." George spits, I close my eyes again to stop the tears flowing down my cheeks. Then suddenly everything goes numb.

*End of dream*

"Cleo! Clementine! Wake up! Wake up!" Donnie pleads, his hands wrapped firmly around my arms as he shakes me awake. I reach forward hiding my tear stained face in his shoulder, his arms engulf me in an embrace and his hand rests on the back of my head. "It's okay, I got ya. I got ya." Donnie assures me. I sob into his jacket, gripping onto him like he's the oxygen I need right now.
But knowing that I don't need this, I pull my face away.
"It's all my fault. He thinks it's all my fault. He's never forgive me Donnie. Fred's dead, because of me." I stare deadpan past Donnie's head at the framed photo I have of the twins. Donnie takes hold of each side of my face and shakes me lightly once again.
"What are ya talking about? That's crazy. Course 'e will forgive ya." Donnie smiles but I know he's not genuine, you can see the worry in his eyes a mile away.
"No, Don. I really messed this time. He thinks I'm evil. A proper death eater. Just like everyone else." I sniff, wiping away my tears.
"Who gives a damn about everyone else'?! You didn't kill that boy! You didn't kill anyone you didn't need to! And if George can't see that then 'e's a bloody fool!" Donnie tries his hardest to stay cool but the empty look on my face is scaring him.
"There's no use in trying to make him see. It's no good. I'm no good." I mumble, Donnie slams his hand down on the coffee table. I flinch ever so slightly at the impact and sound.  Donnie notices and finally calms down.
"Listen, you're strong, you're beautiful, and you're good so if that Weasel can't see that then 'e don't deserve ya and you deserve someone much better than 'im anyway." Donnie's thumb strokes over my cheek, I look up at his eyes that are glistening with tears. I touch his wrist, pulling his hand away from my face.
"But I want him...and I'm not good, Donnie. I think it's time I start showing that." I give Donnie a hard look, "Starting tomorrow."

~~~next morning

"Late Clementine." David says flatly as I enter the shop with a coffee in my hand,
"Sorry David, I was getting this, I'd be no good without it." I place the coffee cup on the counter and sit down. David sends me an apologetic look.
"No, I'm sorry for snapping. It's just Sharon is ill and the shop just got a whole new batch of books and..." David sighs, taking a breath.
"I'll manage the shop. Go look after Sharon." I smile kindly at the elderly man, David smiles back with thanks and then hurries up the stairs to his space above the shop.
I flick my wand and in a matter of moments the books are flying into their correct places.
The door opens as I take a swig from my coffee, the bell jingling and a gush of warm air enters the very well air conditioned store.
"Cleo." A familiar voice alerts my attention, I turn to see Hermione and Ginny at the door. "We need to talk to you."
I contemplate apperating but decide against it. After all I can't run away from all of my problems.
"Wow. No 'hey Cleo how are you?' Or 'Cleo! It's good to see you.'" I smile unconvincingly, Ginny and Hermione share a look as they approach me.
"Cleo could you come round ours tonight?" Ginny asks politely, I suck the cool air between my teeth.
"Don't know, might be busy." I admit, Hermione rolls her eyes at my response.
"Cleo." She warns me, I groan and open up my book.
"Honestly, I might be busy. You know leading the life of a post-death eater is hard." I lean backwards in my seat, Hermione slams her hand in my book, the spine hits the desk and my attention is brought to her rather angry expression.
"Cleo! We're trying to help. Quit pushing us away!"
"I'm fine, Hermione. Now leave. If I need you, I'll send an owl." I speak through clenched teeth, Ginny and Hermione look as if they're going to fight me on it but that's when Donnie enters.
"Mornin' love, now what do we 'ave 'ere." Donnie folds his arms across his chest, smirking at the two younger girls.