Chapter 52 - terms and conditions

Recap
"So what do you need me for again?"
"I need a partner, love." Donnie finally informs me.
My lower jaw drops and anger boils inside of me.
"No way! I already have way too much publicity! I can't be seen helping an undesirable!" I flip that offer off the table, Donnie almost falls to his knees readying himself to beg.
"Please, my darlin', we used to be great. Best at pick pocketing old rich wizards back in the day." Donnie tells me as if that's going to be any use.
"I can't." I groan, Donnie groans aloud in frustration.
"It's just for a little while, I swear I won't get you in any trouble. Please, love, I need your 'elp." Donnie's eyes drop like a puppies, I naw the inside of my cheek as I think...
Continue...
"Donnie this isn't a simple thing you're asking me to do, you know?" I mutter quietly as I stare at the floor stuck in thought, Donnie runs his fingers through the mess he calls a hair cut.
"Don't ya think I know that? You're all I 'ave at the moment, Cleo. And I'm betting I'm all you 'ave too." Donnie's eyes are filled with desperation. I slump down on the small love seat,
"Who said you have me? And I have plenty of people in my life, Donnie, who said I need you?" I snap, Donnie cocks his eyebrows at me, calming myself down I force myself to look him in his dark eyes.
"Please, love. It's just a couple jobs I can't do on me own." Donnie pleads for my help, I watch him stagger towards me and sit down. His shoulder brushes against mine, he turns his face the right corner of his mouth tugs upwards as he half smiles at me. "I'm begging ya" Donnie whispers ever so quietly that I only just catch what he's saying.
"If I'm seen with you-...the ministry-...my mark-...ugh...I'll-..." I stutter trying to get the words out but my filter is stopping me.
"You don't 'ave to decide now, sleep on it and I'll come back after work tomorrow. See ya around, darlin." Donnie gets up and walks out of the room, I scramble forward but by the time I'm in the hallway he's gone.
I stumble backwards until my back hits the wall, closing my eyes I let out a whimpering sound.
My head hurts. Everything is messed up now.
I left George back at the burrow only to have another pain forced onto me, this time a pain in the arse.
Pulling on a black cardigan I disapperate to the graveyard, the night has nearly dominated the sky, a tiny splotch of light blue disappearing allowing the black to overpower the sky.
I notice a small light by Fred's grave, a figure stood with their back to me and their wand is what the small light source is.
I can clearly see it isn't George, I take another step forward cautiously as I try to catch a glimpse of the strangers face.
I notice it's Luna.
"Luna? What are you doing here?" I ask, Luna turns around and smiles at me.
"I just came to visit. It's quite sad you know?" Luna mentions, I furrow my eyebrows at her.
"That you came to visit?"
"No silly, how little people get visited once they're dead. They have one day of visitors then poof it's like they never even had friends." Luna admits, my heart aches slightly at that thought.
"Well maybe some people just get too upset when they visit which is why they don't." I suggest as I stand beside Luna who's staring down at another grave now.
I notice this one as Nymphadora's, she hated being called her long name. I smile slightly at the thought.
"Maybe. But you visit a lot and I know it hurts you." Luna looks up at me, I sigh and nod my head.
"I don't know why I visit often, Luna. It's just something I feel like I have to do, I miss so many of them yet the only one I seem to spend the most time with is Fred." I say the last remark accidentally, it just came out with the rest of the sentence.
"It's cause you blame yourself." Luna tells me, I stare at her completely confused but before I can say anything she continues. "You don't blame yourself for the others deaths, but you blame yourself for Fred's. I can see it in your face, it's quite obvious really." Luna mentions, I shake my head.
"I don't blame myself, I can't changed what happened anyway. Now if you don't mind, I'll be going." I remove myself from the conversation, Luna smiles sadly at me as if she knows something I don't.
I shake it off and near Fred's head stone, I press my lips against my hand before placing it on the stone.
"Good night Freddie." I whisper before leaving the grave yard, however I don't head home. I stop at Hogsmeade, more specifically the three broomsticks.
I push open the door only to, of course, have the whole pub turn and stare.
Murmurs erupt and whispers spread like the wind, I collapse in a small booth and bury my head in my hands.
I try to ignore the chatter but one whisper catches my attention,
"Look, not even trying to hide it. Filthy animal, should be locked up in askaban with the rest of them. If she doesn't leave I'm leaving." This was a rich looking woman at the bar speaking to the owner.
I try my best not to glare at the woman as Rosmerta comes out from behind the bar and walks over to me. I'm surprised the old girl even survived the battle of Hogwarts.
"Rosmerta." I say flatly as my eyes flicker to focus on her,
"Cleo, how are you?" She tries to be polite, I scoff.
"It's fine, you don't have to pretend, I heard what ratface said over there. You want me to leave." I speak loud enough for the whole bloody pub to hear, Rosmerta sighs and nods her head.
"Who are you calling ratface?! You vile death eater! Why don't you go someplace like the white wyvern?!" The rich looking woman from the bar struts over to me, she looks ready to duel by the way her hand has automatically pulled out her wand.
"What?! In knockturn alley?! No thank you, and if I'm totally honest a woman with a face like yours belong there! I'm not a death eater nor am I dangerous or bad! All of you are just bloody idiots who only beeline what they read!" I explode, rage takes over me and I hold my wand up at the woman.
She trembles with fear holding her hands in the air and blubbering like a child.
I sigh miserably.
"I only wanted a drink, is that too much to ask?" I lower my wand not daring to look at anyone.
"Just get out of my pub." Rosmerta demands.
Once I find myself out in the night again I decide to go home, I sit in my living room with a bottle of muggle alcohol called Jack Daniels that I picked up on the way.
Many glasses laters I find myself asleep, I only wake up when my alarm is practically screaming because I'll be running late.
I throw the empty bottle at the magical item and fall back down onto the sofa, the alarm stops when it's hit.
"Rough night, love?" Donnie asks, I groan so loudly my throat vibrates.
"I thought you said we'd talk after work?!" I growl, my head pounds as I talk.
"I'm not very patient, so you in or not?" Donnie shrugs his shoulder bringing me over a glass of water,
"No coffee?" I joke taking the glass from him,
"Cleo..." Donnie warns, I swallow a few mouthfuls before answering.
"Fine, I'll help you but I have a few terms and conditions." I admit now fully sitting up. Donnie smirks as if mentioning I have terms and conditions is joke to him.
"Go on then." He crosses his arms over his chest, and leans against the wall.
"If we are caught at all whatever we are doing, I get to say I wasn't helping you that you used the imperious curse on me. I won't help you kill anyone. I have to know everything about what we are doing before we do it and you will not be seen with me anywhere that normal witches and wizards can see." I state my terms, Donnie's smirk drops from his face and is replaced with more of an annoyed look.
"...fine." He grumbles after a while of thoughtful silence.
"Good, now leave I have to get ready for work." I stand up too quickly, dizziness blurs my vision and I start to fall.
"How much did ya drink last night?" Donnie chuckles as he catches me, I push him off me. "Anyway I've seen you naked before, we can talk whilst you change." Donnie sits down making himself comfortable, I shoot him dagger with my eyes. "Fine, fine! I'll leave, I'll see ya after work, sweet'eart"