Chapter 8 - task 3

The next day I spend the day alone in my room on my bed, rose and Johanna have left me they wanted to hang out without me today since I keep hanging out with other people.
Today is the final task, I spent all night last night worrying about it. I heard it's a maze, a magic maze with tricks and threats around every corner. I sigh as I change into my clothes, I tie my purple hair up in a braided bun.
I walk out of my room silently and alone, I walk with Harry down to the maze though. As we go out into the front I look up to see everyone holds up flags and cheers for their favourite champion, I smile as I see George and Fred. Beauxbaton girls dance and chant for me, I laugh and shake my head. George and Fred wave at me and hold up the bet box.
Dumbledore silences everyone and explains about the last task. He explains about the cup and how it's hidden deep within the maze, he also explains how I will be the first to enter the maze as well as Harry since we practically drew first place, followed by Cedric then viktor. We learn that if we want to leave the task early we have to send up red sparks with our wands, we gather round Dumbledore.
"In the maze you'll find no dragons or creature of the deep, instead you'll face something even more challenging you see people change in the maze. Find the cup if you can but be very wary you could just lose yourselves along the way." Dumbledore walks away from us, well that was reassuring! "Champions prepare yourselves" Dumbledore yells loudly.
I get ready to go inside the maze. My stomach churns and my head feels light other than that I'm ready. The canon goes off and I have to enter the maze. I swallow nervously and look around, the noise and the crowd disappears as the bush closes.
A weary, cold feeling lingers all around me, I close my eyes and count to three before sprinting down the small way.
I turn a few corners before slowing down to a walk, that's when the vines come out of no where.
They trip me up and drag me under the bush, I scream and cast them away. I scramble to my feet, cuts and scrapes cover my hands.
I sprint and turn a few sharp corners, the bushes go to enclose themselves on me. I run away from them and turn another corner.
I hold my wand up and point it at the figure, I lower my wand when I see it's Cedric.
I walk away cautiously and turn down a few other passage ways, I smile when I see the glow of the cup. I run towards it but trip up on my own feet, the vines come back. They entangle my body and go to cover my face.
"Cedric! Cedric! Help! Please! Harry! Viktor! Help!" I scream frantically viktor walks past me with white eyes. "Viktor" I gasp, Cedric comes along and yells reducto to send the vines away. I drag myself away from the vines scraping my skin and ripping my clothes on the floor then Cedric and viktor fight.
"Expelliarmus!" I hear, I don't look back I know someone has been disarmed but I can't help now I'm so close to the cup.
The bush closes infront of me, I let out a cry of frustration. I run down another way thats when I see Cedric and Harry shoving eachother as they make their way to the cup. Vines chase them like they chased me.
The wind picks up and bushes scratch me horrifically as I get closer and closer to the cup,
"NO!" I scream as the boys grab the cup just a few seconds before I do, they disappear infront of my eyes before I can touch the cup.
I disapparate back to the crowd everyone cheers and stares at me.
"Where are Harry and Cedric?" I ask Dumbledore gives me a confused look. "They touched the cup just before I could they disappeared infront of my eyes where are they?!" I panic, everyone is whispering among themselves. I feel blood drip off my face and my skin stings.
"Clemintine requires medical attention take her to the hospital wing" Dumbledore places his hand on my shoulder. I move away.
"No not until the boys come back!" I demand, Dumbledore sighs. George and Fred run down from the crowd, they push past everyone who tries to stop them. They stand infront of me and stare at me.
"You're hurt come on Cleo" George begs, I shake my head and wipe my face with my sleeve. Dirt and blood covers it as I pull away.
I spin around as I hear a thump, Harry and Cedric are back with the cup. I run over to them and gasp.
"Cedric, Harry what happened?!" I yell, Harry bursts into tears.
"He's back, he killed him. He's back" he tells me I furrow my eyebrows
"Who?!" I yell that's when Dumbledore walks over. Dumbledore tries to prise Harry away from Cedric's body but he fails.
"What happened?!" Dumbledore asks
"He's back, he backs, Voldemorts back! Cedric asked me to bring his body back I couldn't leave him! Not there!" Harry explains. I run over to George and hug him tightly, George wraps his arms around me and let's me sob into his jumper. Fred places his hand on my back and sighs. Cedric's father runs over to his body, moody takes Harry away.
Everyone is silent, I grip onto George tighter and he quietens me.
"Hospital wing for Clementine now! We'll take care of Cedric's body" Dumbledore tells the twins. George and Fred take me to the hospital wing.
I sit on the hospital bed and madam pomfrey comes over to us.
"They'll need you back you should go" I murmur to the boys, they nod and leave.
Madam pomfrey cleans my scratched and cut skin, she gives me pain killers and bandages a large cut on my shin. I have to stay in the wing over night so I miss Cedric's memorial gathering in the hall.
In the morning, I'm allowed to leave I change into my school uniform and head out to say goodbye to everyone.