Chapter 34 - ministry

Turns out the brilliant plan is to kidnap three ministry members and use poly juice potion to go undercover!
Fortunately I'm the outside man, I don't have to go inside unless they get in trouble.
I just have to sit and wait, keep an eye on the sleeping ministry members.
"This is bloody crazy!" I hiss as hermione plucks the hairs off each kidnapped person.
"I know. Right, remember what we said. Don't speak to anyone unless absolutely necessary, just try and act normal do what everybody else is doing; if we do that then maybe with a bit of luck we'll get inside. and then..." Hermione stops herself only for Harry to end the sentence.
"It gets really tricky" Harry sighs, they all turn and look at me.
"I hate this plan, just remember if anything goes wrong I'll distract them and you run. I'll stay here for at most ten minutes then I'll enter and sit down, I'll be reading a paper and if anyone asks I'm waiting for my uncle." I explain, Hermione nods her head in approval then thanks me for doing this.
"This is completely mental" Harry mutters under his breath, Hermione agrees but Ron only responds with the world is mental.
They swiftly leave one by one then I sit and wait.
Ten agonising minutes later I disperse from the scene, I head straight towards the toilets where I flush myself into the ministry.
Sweat drips down my neck and nerves hit my stomach when I spot the guards, a lump fills my throat and I tense up.
"Excuse me can we have some identification?" One of the guards stop me from going past, I flash the most convincing smile I can.
"Surely you don't need it, I'm just here for my uncle you see." I blatantly lie, the guards look at one another.
"If you have no ID, you have to come with us." He warns me, I look around making sure no one is looking, fortunately I have a hood up anyway.
I pull up my sleeve ever so slightly, when they see an edge of the dark mark they nod at me and I'm allowed to pass.
I let out a needed sigh of relief then sit down on one of the many benches.
It doesn't take long to realise when the commotion is going to kick in...
I spot Harry, Hermione and Ron a sudden uprising of "it's Harry Potter" sets everyone on alert.
I pull out my wand and aim it at a few guards.
"Stupefy!" I stun merely three of the many now rushing forwards towards the three.
I blast many explosion from Fred and George's prank shop, it distracts some of the guards enough for Harry, Hermione and Ron to get away.
I start to sprint along with the three and Harry sends many of his wanted posters into the air.
"Faster!" I scream as the escapes start to close up, I wait for Harry, Hermione and Ron to dive into a chimney shoot before I allow myself too.
I groan loudly as I hit the floor, I roll over to see Harry and Hermione crowded over Ron. His arm mangled but from the potion I assume they're giving him it starts to heal it.
Hermione explains that she took us here since we were almost caught, I was wondering why we were stuck in the middle of the forest.
I pull myself into a stance and stagger over to help Hermione with protection charms, where as Harry sets up a tent from Hermione's bag.
"I love magic" I mention as we enter the tent, I wonder into my own compartment luckily I'm sleeping alone tonight. I climb onto my bed and pass out with my head crashing into the pillow.
In the morning I sit back as I watch the three youngsters try and destroy the locket. Each attempt failing no matter how large or small the spell.
I enter the tent to find something actually interesting, I rummage through Hermione's bag to find a small portable radio, I set it up trying to find a signal for the music and news to play.
Ron walks in and sits beside me, I smile warmly at him, I lean over to my bag pulling out a picture of the family.
"I miss them" I whisper, Ron takes the picture and bites his thumb nail nodding his head. Its clear he misses them almost more than I do.
"I might try and visit them soon, is there anything you want me to say?" I touch Ron hand taking back the photo and putting it into my bag.
"Yeah, tell them I miss them and love them but don't tell them about my arm. Mum will throw a fit if she finds out" Ron chuckles slightly.
"I won't tell her about your arm" I promise.
Days pass and we end up walking on foot, every evening at the same time we listen to the news to see the dead.
It's not the right time to see the Weasley family yet so I continue to tag along with the trio.
Every now as then we stop to hide or make camp, we pass places that have recently been destroyed and attacked.
One night whilst we sat and listened to usual news as hermione cut Harry's hair she realised something.
"Oh my god!" She walks away from Harry leaving him confused, he touches his hair to make sure she hasn't screwed it up then follows her.
"What?" He asks, I stand up following them.
"I'll tell you in a minute" she opens up one of her books.
"Or maybe you could tell me now?" Harry suggests. Hermione shows us a drawing of the sword of Gryffindor.
"The sword of Gryffindor, its goblin made." Hermione informs us, I cock my eyebrow at her awaiting for more information or a point to that. "don't you two understand? Dirt and rust have no affect on the blade, it only takes in that which makes it stronger." Hermione points out as she gestures to the book she pushes towards us.
"Okay?" Harry is just as confused as I.
"Harry you've already destroyed one horcrux, right? Tom Riddle's diary in the chamber of secrets." Hermione reminds him, fortunately I know about that story as many have told me about the great Harry Potter.
"With a Basilisk fang, if you tell me you've got one of those in that bloody beaded bag of yours..." Harry picks up the book staring down at it.
"Don't you see? In the chamber of secrets you stabbed the basilisk with the sword of Gryffindor. Its blade is impregnated with the Basilisks venom." Hermione explains,
"It only takes in that which makes it stronger" I catch onto her lead now as does Harry.
"Exactly that's why..."
"It can deport horcruxes" Harry finishes Hermione's sentence once again.
"And that's why Dumbledore left it to you in his will!" Hermione smiles triumphantly at Harry and myself.
"You are brilliant, Hermione, truly brilliant." Harry sits himself down opposite Hermione.
"Actually I'm highly logical which allowed me to look past..." Just as Hermione talks I suddenly become very light headed, the sound around me muffles and my vision blurs.
"I'm going to go lie down" I back out of the compartment straight into Ron, he steadies me before entering where I just left.
I lay down on my bed and close my eyes, squeezing them shut so they stay shut.
That's when I hear his voice calling my name as if summoning me.