Chapter 28 - ripping the soul

I left Draco when he fell back to sleep, I wondered the halls until I find myself back at the Gryffindor common room.
"Harry? What are you doing up so early?" I ask with a polite smile on my lips.
"I was just thinking" he admits, I furrow my eyebrows
"About what?" I sit beside him to continue our conversation, Harry looks down at his feet.
"Well it was something Dumbledore showed me. Well, told me. It's about Voldemort" Harry tells me honestly, I close my eyes as a shudder runs down my spine at the mention of the dark lords name.
"Yes? And? What did he say?" Curiosity takes over my words.
"I don't think I should tell you, not just yet." Harry murmurs staring down at his feet.
"Well don't bottle it up inside you'll regret it, I'm here if you need me" I assure him before leaving him be.
I head to breakfast early and pick at a muffin, I waltz out into the court yard and sit by myself staring up at the gloomy sky.
Today would be a good day to let edger play outside the castle, I won't let him fly any higher than the clouds therefore I can keep an eye on him.
I smile at my idea then fetch edger from his large cage, I smuggle him by the hills that lead to Hagrid's home.
"You ready?" I Whisper, I open my hands as he moves excitedly in them.
He coughs out a small burst of fire and growls under his breath to show he's ready.
I sprint forward and toss him into the air, he flaps his small wings as he gains the gist of flying.
I chase after him as he speedily flies towards Hagrid's.
I squeal as I bump into the man on Accident, Hagrid's grasps me by the shoulder and chuckles.
"My, my, professor what do you think you're doing running around like a crazy girl?" Hagrid jokes, I point towards edger as he stares down at us.
"How is the little fella?" Hagrid asks, edger flies down and perches on his large finger.
"This is the first time he's been out so I think he's feeling great" I laugh lightly, edger hops towards me and nuzzles my face.
"Foolish little Dragon" I mutter, Hagrid laughs and allows me to carry on.
Hours past then just after noon I place edger back in his cage, I manage to get some marking done and some reading for pleasure. I brought the muggle books I own here to entertain me.
After dinner I realised I hadn't seen the trio all day, I walk down to the library and find Hermione.
"Where's Harry?" I lean against the bookcase as she ponders.
"I think he's with dumbledore" she informs me not really paying attention.
"What about Ron?" I cock my eyebrow, hermione looks over at me and sighs.
"I don't know" she mumbles, I roll my eyes then head to the common room hoping to find Ron as hermione is obviously busy.
I notice how dark it's getting, I bite my lip, suddenly an itch urges it's way up both my arms.
I scratch not paying much attention, the itching gets worse, I scratch some more harder now.
I stop walking and pull my jumper sleeves all the way up, I hiss as I itch, I go into the bathroom and run the burning skin under the cold tap.
I carry on itching, the pain turns worse when the water hits, I yank away violently then drag my nails across my skin some more.
I close my eyes shut and bite down on my tongue.
"What are you doing?!" One of the fourth year girls shriek, my eyes shoot open.
I look down to see blood seeping from claw cuts, I gasp and exit the toilets swiftly.
I start to hyperventilate, the panic grows worse as the itching continues.
Don't itch.
It burns.
You're bleeding.
Fortunately I wasn't far from the hospital ward, I hide myself out of dracos sight as madam pomfrey bandages my arms, the cuts weren't deep, lucky for me I couldn't hurt myself that much.
"And you say you're dragon scratched you?" Madam pomfrey asks, I nod silently.
She knows I'm lying I can see it written all over her face in concern.
"Okay, Come back tomorrow morning, I've used magic to heal it but I just need to double check something" she orders, I thank her before leaving.
Instead of avoiding Draco on the way out I pass his bed to see it's empty.
He must've been discharged earlier than expected.
Whilst heading out I notice the familiar blonde haired boy turn towards the direction of the stairs that leads to the seventh floor, the room of requirement.
I follow him until I find him vanished, I gasp when an arm clutches me and slams me against the wall.
Draco keeps me against the wall by keeping an arm each side of me.
"What are doing, Draco?" I whisper, Draco looks down at my covered wrists.
"The question is what have you done?" He pulls up one sleeve to reveal the faint almost vanished marks. Pomfreys magic isn't as quick as normal then.
"He doesn't want it to be this way" Draco mutters, I pull my sleeve back down.
"Don't try and change the subject!" I snap, "what are you doing?" I growl.
"None of you're goddamn business" Draco hisses, I glare at the young boy.
"I want to know, I can see you're scared and confused Draco just let me in" I plead, Draco stays silent with a firm face on.
"You don't understand I have to do this" he mutters.
"Do what?" I raise my voice.
"Lower your voice!" He warns as he looks down the corridor.
"Do what, Draco?!" I don't lower my voice.
However before Draco can get a word out we are interrupted.
"Is everything okay, professor?" Severus snape asks from the end of the corridor. Draco moves away from me.
"Yes, Severus" I grumble, Severus looks at us once more then disappears.
By then Draco has already made a quick escape.
I chase after him, my jaw drops when he reveals a vanishing cabinet.
We watch as the handles turn by themselves, black smoke floats from the cracks in the doors.
"What have you done?" I whisper ever so quietly, Draco grabs my hand and we run off.
I look behind me to see death eaters, and my cousin bellatrix.
"Draco!" I raise my voice.
We find ourselves in the courtyard.
"I'm sorry" Draco sprints off. "don't follow me!" He threatens as I follow.