Chapter 4 - task 1

"Bets take ya bets!" Fred yells, I walk towards them with a smirk on my face.

"Bets taken! Bets taken here!" George yells again before noticing me.

"Still betting on me right boys?" I laugh. They both nod.

"Defiantly" George tells me, I wave to the boys before going inside the tent. So the first challenge is dragons, great. Madam Olympe Maxime told me this morning.

I tie my hair up in a bun and slip on my clothes, I walk over to Viktor.

"Dragons yay!" I whoop sarcastically, viktor laughs and drapes his arm around my shoulder.

"C'mon Cleo dragons aren't that scary" he smirks, I roll my eyes and walk away from him.

"Don't worry though Viktor just because I'm not fond of the big ones doesn't mean I won't win" I smirk back, Viktor breaks into a full smile while shaking his head.
I raise my eyebrows when I spot Harry and Hermione are hugging tightly. Rita skeeter takes this opportunity to burst in and take pictures, I walk and stand beside Harry.

"Excuse me, you could give them some privacy." I fold my arms, Rita laughs and ignores me. Viktor steps in to help me out..

"You have no business here this tent is for champions and friends" Viktor tells Rita, that is when she listens. She walks off and Dumbledore enters the tent with my headmistress, Viktor's headmaster and Barty Crouch.

Dumbledore notices Hermione's presence and she takes that moment to leave.
We stand around in a circle I have to stand beside Viktor and pick first. I place my hand in the bag and pick out a small green dragon.

"Common welsh green" I sigh miserably and observe the miniature version of the dragon. Everyone else chooses their dragons before we are told what we have to do.

Cedric goes first at the sound of the cannon.

"Good luck" I say quickly before he leaves, he sends me a nervous smile as he does. Cedric collects his egg defeating his dragon. Next it's me.

I go outside and look around my eyes searching for the egg. When I find it I sprint towards it. My dragon roars and glares at me.

"This is gonna be fun!" I smile, I flip off a rock dodging the burst of fire the dragon sends towards me. I'm closer to the egg now.

I run round and scoop up the egg, the dragon shoots flames towards me. It catches my teeshirt, I groan and put it out with a water spell. The egg falls out of my hands, I hiss and the dragon charges towards me.

It's sharp ugly teeth show as it roars again. I send a fire ball to the dragons face buying me some time. Now all I have to do is return to the tent. I hide behind a rock and slowly make my way over to the exit. The dragon looks around furiously, everyone is silent with anticipation.

I move around the rock and send a sleeping charm towards the beast. It falls to the floor in a trance. I run towards the exit letting out a sigh of relief.

"That dragon was unbelievably stupid." I admit as I brush down my ash covered clothes.
I return to my room to clean up, I hold my egg in my hands as I sit on my bed.

"You need a bath" Rose tells me

"You smell smokey" Johanna laughs, I stick my tongue out at her. "You should open it." She tells me.

I twist the top and open the egg.
I wince as it screams a high piecing squeal. The girls fall to their knees and hold their heads.

I close it quickly,