Chapter 51 - Obvilivous

"Go on then. Please enlighten me, you'll answer my questions first..." I sharpen my eyes on the character, Donnie smirks staying silent allowing me to ask my questions. "How do you know me?"
"Believe or not you actually know me as well, we used to be close, ya loved me but I used memory changing spell. I'm aware you know that if you did watch the memory upstairs." Donnie explains as he simply picks at the skin around his nails,
"How do I know that memory upstairs hasn't been tampered with and you're not just some psycho?" I slow my words down searching for any inch of dishonestly as donnie responds.
"I thought you'd ask that look sweet 'eart, I'd be a lot easier to show you but I'll explain some of it first, yeah?" Donnie tapped the side of his head with two fingers, I lean backwards keeping my distance. "Let me see, where do I start?"
"The beginning, I want to know everything and I want proof I'm not taking a word of a snatcher." I demand, Donnie laughs at me not even trying to hide it.
"Says you little miss death eater. Anyway if it's the beginning you want I'll tell ya." Donnie adjust his position and smiles (instead of smirks) at me. "We met whilst you were in Beauxbaton, you were fifth year around a year before the triwizard tournament. I caught your attention in diagon alley one day whilst you were visitin' London, let's say we were rather fond of each other and it grew from there." Donnie stands up gesturing me upstairs where the pensieve still sits. "I'd visit you often outside Beauxbaton, I admit I did love ya just as you loved me. We tried spending every waking moment together if you weren't at school and did we have some good times or what?" Donnie laughs at the memories inside his own head before pulling a small bottle holding a memory from inside his jacket then placing it in the pensieve. "You're memory is tampered with so you remember this different but it's how the days normally went like." Donnie stands back waiting for me to watch what he wants me to see.
I lean forward cautiously, it's not like he an drown me or anything in a pensieve and I'm pretty sure I have nothing worth stealing so I'm not extremely worried about that.

My spins as the setting change, I watch myself float from class to class back in Beauxbaton academy, I watch my mischievous teenaged version of me cause trouble and sass the professors. I watch the small pranks I used to pull on my old friends and I watch myself mess around at lunch until the end of the day where I ran off the school grounds.
I shifted some of the tall wall bricks revealing a secret passage to the outside of Beauxbaton, when I straightened myself up on the other side I looked around searching for someone.
I notice the tall dark haired boy leant up against a tree, a cigarette resting on his lower lip and his eyes closed as the beating sun showered his skin.
"Donnie!" I gasped sprinting at full speed towards the boy, I leaped into Donnie's arms as he stretched his arms out widely. I watch Donnie wrap his arms around me spinning me around multiple times before placing me on the earth again. He kissed me for such a length of time I thought it'd never stop.
I spot the smile on my face and the loving look in my eyes as I chatted with the boy I held so closely to my own body.

I pull my face out from the pensieve and stare at Donnie in bewilderment, I remember I used to sneak out of school but that was to wonder around by myself not to meet up with boys.
"What was that?" I ask, Donnie pushes himself off my wall staring down at his feet.
"Our daily routine darlin' I took that memory cause I knew I'd need to remind you one day." Donnie admits, "You'd come and see my every evening, every day during the 'olidays. Like I said any moment possible you'd be with me. We'd talk for 'ours until it got way past dark, sometimes you'd skip supper but you didn't care."
"This doesn't prove anything, you said you'd start from the beginning, Donnie, this isn't the beginning..." I fold my arms across my chest leaning my weight onto my left side, Donnie holds his hands up in defence.
"I did, didn't I? Alright, this is the first day we met." This time Donnie pulls the memory directly from his temple, I almost thrust myself straight into the pensieve once ready.