Chapter 49 - time to decide

A couple of restless weeks later and I'm peacefully sat in the shop, fortunately the daily profit articles have died down around me and started focussing on the ministry which is now hunting down death eaters. With the mention of that I haven't had anyone come to question me or anything about my status so they must've talked to Harry about me. Harry believes my whole situation but there are still some wizards and witches that aren't accepting the truth for example just the other day I went into the near by cafe to get my daily coffee and a witch looked at me with an expression of fear and disgust whilst her husband spat at me. I did control myself at that point and just stormed out of the cafe instead of performing a rather nasty hex on him.
The celebrations of Voldemorts death are still occasionally popping up but even now when the wizarding world is at it's safest it feels at it's worst, I tried visiting Fred last week but George was there so I just instantly disapperated.
I feel so isolated inside the shop only with the company of David and Sharon but then again time flies when your surrounded by tons of muggle books that you've never read before.
That was until today...
I hear the bell ring telling me of the customer, I lift my head momentarily from my book to notice it's Hermione.
"I've been waiting for you to revisit, it's been weeks granger." I place my book down on my stool then move around to hug her, hermione blushes and apologises but then turns her attention to something else.
"You know everyone misses having you around..." Hermione tells me as she runs her fingers along the spines of books on a nearby shelf,
"Well they know where to find me." I gesture around, hermione rolls her eyes and shakes her head.
"You can't keep yourself holed up in this shop with your noise in a book forever." Hermione tells me with a slightly whining voice, I scoff laughing at her.
"Says you!" I remind her of her terrible book worm habits, Hermione shakes her head abruptly.
"That's different, that was school. This is real life, it's only been a few weeks nearly a month since the battle of hogwarts since the defeat of Voldemort and all you've done is sit around. It's not healthy." Hermione argues with me, I fold my arms across my chest and look down at my shoes.
"You don't understand hermione..." I look up at her again. "...this is different! I can't do much else! I haven't a choice, I'm forced to lay low due to the ministry and everyone hates me and doesn't trust me because of my past. I was a death eater of the inner circle Hermione! Everyone hates me! You should hate me! I'm lucky David and Sharon decided to even think about giving me a clean start." I raise my voice irritatedly, Hermione sighs miserably and turns her back on me to scan the books again.
"You weren't a death eater though, you were on our side, Dumbledores side. Hogwarts will be reopened again in the next year or so, they'll be needing professors..."
"I can't Hermione!" I snap cutting her short, Hermione seems a little taken back but simply brushes it off.
"Anyway I came here to invite you for dinner tomorrow night, Molly asked me to ask you if you wanted to come. We do honestly miss you, Cleo." Hermione calms her voice so it isn't so persistent.
"I don't know, Hermione. George might be there and I can't face him right now." I mutter as I shuffle over to stack some new books from a small cardboard box, I take out my wand and flick to unpack and then stack.
"It doesn't matter! You have to come! George might not even be there, this is just as hard on him as it is on you." Hermione reminds me, I close my eyes taking a deep breath before exhaling exaggeratedly.
"I know, I'll think about it." I assure her, Hermione squeezes me in a tight embrace before leaving and thanking me.
"She seems desperate for your company, dear." David chuckles as he opens the door from his flat, Sharon follows closely behind swatting her husband on the arm.
"What he means is, she looks like she needs you to make an appearance. You know if they really do miss you and want you to come back you should at least give it a go." Sharon encourages me, I roll my eyes and slump behind the counter again.
"it's more complicated than that. It's..." I half heartedly end the sentence there but unexpectedly Sharon finishes it.
"The boy, George is his name? I know you don't like talking about it but you kind of left him at an awful time in his life..."
"I didn't leave him! He kicked me out." I defend myself, I feel my heart ache inside my chest as it yearns for George.
"You could've fought and stayed, if there's one thing I know about long lasting relationships and true love is that you must try your hardest to fight for what you love. It doesn't just last peacefully and all lovey dovey, there will be moments when you feel like it's the end but that's the moment you have to fight to stay. I know this sounds all romance novel and all but even if it's too late the best thing to do is move on. You either fight or you move on, you're choice." David spoke up this time, he stares down at his beloved and holds her to him. I smile at the elderly couple.
"I really don't know if I should, the Weasleys, you should've seen the looks on their faces when I was outed." I grumble miserably as I study my wand, Sharon touches my hand regaining my attention.
"I heard what happened you told me yourself, you know they forgave you when they understood the full story and you know George is just upset because of his twin. What's the worst that could happen? It's just one evening."
"Alright, I'll go but if something does happen and I know I have to leave their lives you have to accept that, deal?" I raise my eyebrows at the woman, Sharon smiles sweetly and nods her head in agreement.
"Now go home, it's almost time to shut up the shop." Sharon shoos me away, I gather up my things before disapperating, heading home.
When I arrive home I throw my things on the sofa and stroll into the kitchen, a dark shabby owl hovers in the window, it has a scratch across it's face blinding one of it's eyes and it looks rather tough.
I take the grubby looking letter from it's mouth to notice it's from him...
It's been weeks since I last saw Donnie, his tormenting teasing hasn't been something to miss. His face keeps reappearing in my sleep, dreams which seem more like memories but not specific enough to make out what's happening in the dreams.
I tear the letter open and unfold it,

Cleo,
I know it's been a few weeks but I've been busy with other things, I've been with some friends.
I'm going to see you soon no doubt about that, me minds been on other things recently but I know I need to tell ya about what you saw in the pensieve. I need to explain a lot to you actually.
I'll try and catch you in the next couple of days if I can.
Don't be getting yourself into trouble now, princess.
Donnie.

I groan as I read the small note, Donnie hasn't contacted me this way before so it's sort of worrying why he thought he needed to inform of this because normally he just pops up in random places confusing me and teasing me.
Placing the letter on the side I walk around the house until I make it to the bathroom, switching on the hot water I allow myself to take an extra long shower.
Trying to wash away all the worry for tomorrow and for Donnie.
My eyes snap open when I see an image of the dark lords face, I shake the thought from my mind deciding it's time to leave the warmth of the shower behind.
I bury myself in sweat pants and a tank top, it's warm out but I want to be comfortable. The first of June is tomorrow and summer feels closer than ever, it's surreal how just under a month ago I was fighting Voldemort and now I'm sat at home like an utter loner.
I try to keep my attention on the book I'm hoping to finish but a constant itch irritates my arm. My left forearm.
Each time I look at the haunting mark the itch stops but the more I ignore it the worst it feels.
It was around nine pm when the itching finally stopped...but what happened next was worst.
I feel an aurora in the room with me, desperate to ignore it I try not to look around but then I hear the low breathing. My heart stops, my own breath hitches in my throat.
A hand encloses around my shoulder, I scream moving away only to see I'm alone.
That's when I call it a night however I'm greeted by those distant nightmares again... If I'm not dreaming about mysteriously annoying Donnie I just dream about the wizarding war. And Fred...

A/N - I know this chapter isn't the best but there will be another one tomorrow! This is just a kind of filler chapter until I update tomorrow so keep an eye out.