Chapter 45 - Undesirable

Donnie's POV
I enter the house the same way I did to get the pensieve in earlier today, through the window, I sneak into Cleo's room although I find it empty.
I sneak around the house, it's obvious she's here because the hallway lights on, she hates sleeping alone in the dark.
I open the door to the living room just a crack to see her asleep on the sofa, I notice the sky starting to brighten meaning morning is on its way.
I enter the room standing by Cleo, I kneel down and brush her hair away from her face, the twisted expression she wears shows she's having a nightmare.
I bite my lower lip, it's been so long since I've seen her.
I get back to my feet heading towards the front door, I write a note leaving it by the door just before I leave.

Cleo's POV
"NO!" I bolt awake shaking and drenched in sweat, wrapping my arms around myself resting my chin on my knees.
I inhale deeply followed by a shaky breath out, I notice how bright the sun is today.
"Accio" I bring the clock from the kitchen side to my hand, it's almost ten.
That nightmare felt never ending, I peel away the thin sheet before staggering towards the bathroom.
I wash and change then head back down stairs, as I pass the front door I notice a small piece of paper on the floor.

Cleo,
Stay out of trouble, we'll meet again in a couple weeks time.
Donnie.

I crunch the note up in my hand throwing it at the wall using my magic to disintegrate it before it hits the floor.
I slip on my shoes and leave the house making sure everything is locked before I do, I make my way to diagon alley where I search for temporary work.
I can't survive the whole summer on my savings and money that my parents gave to me, I only use that for special occasions.
What, like the twins birthdays?
The voice in my head teases me, I shake it off as I approach a small shop that seems to be under development.
"Alright David! Will you stop shouting please!" An older woman whined at a gentleman about the same age as her as he walked out of the shop.
The woman was clearly fixing up the outside as he dealt with the inside.
"Um, excuse me, would you like some help?" I ask the older man as he nears me, he smiles brightly his wrinkled eyes beaming.
"That would be lovely. We are rebuilding our book store, it was destroyed by death eaters a while back because we sold mainly muggle books." The man explains, the woman hobbles over to us and wraps her arms around the man.
"Muggle books?" I smile widely, the woman nods her head laughing at my reaction.
"Yes, we thought it'd be easier selling muggle books here rather than wizards and witches having to get pounds to buy muggle books in the muggle world." She informs me, I practically jump out of my pumps.
"That's a bloody brilliant idea. I love reading muggle books but I'd always have to go buy them in a muggle store." I clasps my hands together now more excited and desperate for a job here.
"Well the dark lord didn't think so, thank god he perished. I'm David Stan and this is my wife, Sharon." The elderly mans voice goes cold for a moment.
"I'm Cleo, Cleo kingsworthy." I introduce myself, I watch Sharon's smile falter for a second at my name.
"Cleo, nice to meet you." Sharon holds out her hand, I take it shaking it in greeting.
"You've heard of me, I'm guessing." I sigh, my heart sinks when I realise that my reputation may have just cost me a job.
"Who hasn't heard of you, you're in the daily profit." David turns around taking the newspaper of one of the piled boxes.
Clementine Kingsworthy: Friend or Foe?
'Clementine or Cleo kingsworthy, we all know the name but do we necessarily know the truth? Cleo a marked death eater of the inner circle and favourite of the fallen Lord Voldemort claims she was two sided during the wizarding war. Harry Potter himself defends this death eater saying he saw her treachery against the dark lord first hand however with the brutal ways of lord Voldemort how can she have gotten away with treachery and lived?
Witness of Clementines coming out says that Cleo said that she had gone against the dark lord multiple times and barely got away with her life. They say that Cleo admitted to risking her life for Harry Potter and his friends, but what proof does Clementine have of this? Are we to trust clementines word or shall we dig deeper in this?
Yet to interview the famous Cleo Kingsworthy, we may not have all the answers but we have our own thoughts.
What do you think, friend of Harry Potter and the rest of the wizarding world or foe?'
I look back up at the elderly couple, I hand them back the paper.
"Friend or foe?" I scoff "I'm sorry for wasting your time, clearly everyone's against me. No one has even seen some things I've endured during these past few years, so why would anyone believe me anyway?" I mutter the last remark more to myself than Sharon and David.
"Wait, dear! We could still use a hand, we've almost finished rebuilding but it'd be nice having someone young work in the shop if you'd like?" Sharon stops me from walking away as she pulls away from her husband.
"Thank you, I just need something to keep my mind of things and a bookstore would defiantly do that." I smile kindly at the old woman, she returns the expression and heads inside whilst David continues working on the inside.
"Cup of tea?" She offers, I lean against the counter sighing thankfully.
"Love one. Milk and one sugar please!" I laugh to myself, Sharon disappears for a few minutes before reappearing with two cups.
"Here you are." She hands me the cup, I melt as I sip on the hot drink. I never noticed how much I have been craving a good cuppa this morning. Sharon stares out of the window where she watches David fall over slightly as he tries to fix the sign.
"How long have you been together?" I ask with admiration for her, Sharon looks down at her tea smiling to herself.
"38 years next week." She lifts her head with a proud look on her face, my jaw drops a little.
"Wow, that's amazing, if you don't mind me asking but..." I want to ask but it's rude to, Sharon continues my sentence.
"How old we are? I'm 70 and he's 76. What about you, my dear? Anyone in your life?" She winks at me as if we were school children. My smile fades, I place my cup of tea down next to me and fold my arms across my chest.
"No, not really. We had an argument you see..." My voice starts to crack whilst I push back any tears that threaten to spill. "and now, I think I've lost him." I admit biting onto my lower lip.
"Oh dear, do you want to talk about it?" Sharon shuffles towards me placing her hand on my back trying to comfort me.
"No, it's...it's fine. It was stupid anyway." I shake my head chuckling to hide my sadness, Sharon sends me an apologetic smile.
"If it's really stupid as you say and If he loves you, it won't be long until you're back together." She tries to reassure me but I simply brush it off.
"Yeah, well it's more complicated than you think." I shrug my shoulders pushing my hair from my face,
"Are you two done with your mothers meeting yet?!" David calls in teasingly, I roll my eyes at the man then I face Sharon again.
"Look you should get home, we'll finish up here, we may be older but we can fix our shop up better than you think. Come back tomorrow, you can help us set up for reopening." Sharon walks me towards the door,
"Thank you again, Sharon. Most people nowadays will read that bloody article and think the opposite to you." I gesture towards the paper, Sharon is the one to roll her eyes this time.
"Yeah well, we like to be forgiving and from the look of your face when you read that article, we could tell that you aren't the evil clementine everyone's on about. That doesn't mean that if you cause us any trouble we won't throw you out cause we will." David warns me with less of a serious tone, Sharon elbows him and shoots him a glare.
"Don't listen to him, we'll see you tomorrow." Sharon waves me goodbye as I leave.
I turn down an alley way which leads to WWW but come to a halt when I see a familiar face on the wall.
Undesirable no.3 'Donnie Fret'
The snatcher, the boy in the memory or whatever that was in the pensieve.
I rip the poster down and put it in my back pocket, he's an undesirable?!
I can't be talking with this boy, it defiantly wouldn't help my death eater representation or rumours. I make my way past WWW heading towards a nearby cafe.
I push open the doors to an eruption a wave of murmurs, I groan but take a seat closest to the door.
"May I help you?" The waitress approaches me warily, I order a butterbeer and a pumpkin pasty. I glance around to be greeted by multiple stares, I hide my face in the menu until my food arrives.
I thank the waitress only to see her rejoin her other employees whom are watching me, I take a bite into my pasty but suddenly am rudely interrupted by the most irritating reporter, Rita Skeeter sit opposite me with her enchanted notepad and quill.
"So, Clementine Kingsworthy the last time I interviewed you was back when you were in the triwizard tournament, a lot has happened since that day would you care to spill some answers to these accusations about you?" Rita Skeeter asks leaning forward. I cover my mouth with my hand as I try to speak with a mouthful of pasty.
"A lot has happened?! A whole bloody war has happened! And if you don't mind I would just like to have my pasty without being interrogated!" I tell her through a muffled mouthful, Rita cocks her eyebrow at me.
"Is it true that you took part on both sides during the battle of Hogwarts?" Rita ignores my request and continues with the questions.
I look over at the notepad.
"My eyes aren't burning with fury and I defiantly am not growing aggressive, now like I just said I'd like to have my meal without this so if you don't mind I'd like you to leave!" I argue with what the quill has written.
"Okay, okay, we'll leave just one more question..." Rita goes to continue but I slam my hands down on the table causing half of the cafe to jump from their seats.
"I said no!" I snap, Rita smirks and gets up.
"That's fine, we've got plenty anyway. I'll be seeing you again, Miss Kingsworthy." Rita leaves me be, I rub my hands over my face in frustration.
I stand up leaving the money for the food on the table, I push open the door only to feel the camera flash behind me.
Way to go Cleo.