Chapter 23 - do you wanna build a snow man?

I spend the free day marking homework and helping out the new younger years with their needs, but it soon hits the time where I have to attend Horace Slughorns dinner party.

I tug on some skinny jeans along with a red and navy checkered shirt, I brush my hair and tie it up in a messy bun that's when hermione knocks on my door awaiting my company for the get together.

"Hey 'mione" I smile, hermione stares at me adoringly. She tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and folds her arms.

"There perfect" she smiles, I laugh and nod.

"Thank you, now shall we go or stay here and talk about how pretty us girls are?" I joke, hermione laughs and we head to slughorns.

Most of the time, I zone in and out of conversation, such as when they talk about the ministry I'd zone out but when they talk about families I'd zone in, the serious stuff I don't like.

I hate dinner party's, they bore me completely.

I always try and make small talk but it fails completely, I stick to small snide comments with hermione and Harry.

I sit marking homework that slughorn hasn't marked yet,

I completely zone out when they talk about parents works and jobs, I sit marking homework that slughorn hasn't marked yet. That is until slughorn notices that I'm not paying attention,

"Clementine, please could you put that grading pen down for two minutes and eat your ice cream?" He asks, I sigh but do as he asks. I place the pen on the table then start on the sickly sweet ice cream. My interest doesn't spark again until they reach hermione and her muggles parents jobs as dentists.

"Fascinating, and is that considered a dangerous profession?" Slughorn asks obviously interested.

"No. Although, one boy Robbie fenwick did bite my father once! He needed ten stitches!" Hermione informs the table, I roll my eyes and nudge Harry.

"Am I the only one between the two of us who thinks this dinner table is absolutely boring, and unfair! Don't they take into consideration that some of us aka you and me don't have parents" I whisper quietly, Harry is about to answer when Ginny walks in. Late.

"Ah! Miss weasley! Come in, come in" slughorn allows her to enter.

"Look at her eyes, they've been fighting again. Her and dean" hermione whispers to me and Harry.

"Ugh, what a..." I stop myself realising everyone in the room is younger than I am besides slughorn of corse.

"Sorry, I'm not usually late" Ginny apologises, Harry rises to his feet awaiting Ginny to sit.

"Well he couldn't make it more obvious" I laugh quietly, hermione hides her smile well but I can still see the smile tugging on her lips.

"The matter, just in time for desert that is if belbie has left you any" slughorn forgives her, Harry and Ginny sit down.

The dinner is soon over so I help clear up before we all leave, I return to the common room with hermione.

"That was interesting" hermione sighs, I nod.

"Very" I say flatly, hermione smiles when she brings up the subject of slughorns Christmas do.

"Who are you bringing to professor Slughorn's Christmas party?" Hermione perks up, I shrug.

"What? Oh I don't know, I didn't even hear that part" I grumble, hermione laughs.

"You really didn't listen to a thing that he said did you? Gosh, how did you get through school?" Hermione jokes,