FANFICTION IDEA: Takeshi Hongo (A Kamen Rider fanfiction)

Disclaimer: Kamen Rider belongs to Shotaro Ishinomori and Toei. I own nothing.

-----

For the twelfth time today, Ruriko Midorikawa looked at the date and time on her laptop. Only a few minutes passed since the last time she looked at it. Still, she couldn't help it after everything that happened. Three whole days, she counted. Three days passed since she met that photographer, and no word from whatsoever.

Ruriko impatiently pushed a long strand of hair out of her eyes. The minutes ticked into two hours before she excused herself. She left the hustle and bustle of her company's newsroom for the balcony outside. It wasn't much, but she had to clear her head from the smoke and rattling keyboards.

Ruriko gripped her cell phone to keep the wind from blowing it away and down to the street several stories below. "Come on. Pick up!" she said after dialing the number she had memorized by now.

A voice blared from her cell phone, almost obnoxiously over the traffic. "Hey! This is Ichimonji speaking! I'm currently not in, but if you leave a message-"

Ruriko slammed her cell phone shut. She also suppressed the swelling urge to chuck the piece of plastic and electronics to the wind. Again, that Ichimonji guy wasn't at his office. If he was a good photographer as he said he was, then shouldn't he have been back by now? He could have at least texted!

After pocketting her phone, Ruriko leaned on the railing. Her hands rubbed over the roughened skin and a few wrinkles on her face. "Come on, Ruriko. Hold it together," she told herself.

Even then, she couldn't hide her anxiety. Not when the green tips of the distant mountains peeked over the city's vast expanse and into Ruriko's peripheral visions. The same mountains where those scientists had supposedly disappeared.

"Don't worry, Ruriko. I'll be back before you know it," her father had said before he left home.

That had been ten days ago.

For ten days, her father had been gone. Along with those other scientists who went with him-for some conference, her father had explained. Ruriko hired that photographer to find any clues of their whereabouts. She hoped for success where the police failed. Now, he was missing! And not a word from anyone about them-

"Ruriko!" she heard a colleague say. Ruriko whirled to the man who popped his head onto the balcony. "You have to come inside! There's some news!"

'Some news' meant something important. So, the worker in Ruriko pocketed her phone and dragged her feet back inside. The young woman in her gaped at the face on every computer and laptop. Every computer, tv, and laptop blared from the sudden news report, each showing a young man. His studious looks clear through his dirtied face and long, dark hair.

It may have been once, but Ruriko saw him when she last saw her father.

"... Takeshi Hongo has reappeared since Dr. Midorikawa and several other scientists disappeared almost two weeks ago in the mountains. He was found walking into the city, where he asked someone to telephone the police. He is currently there to relay his version of events that transpired..."

Ruriko was out the doorbefore the newscast finished.

-----

Ruriko's car came to a sudden halt after honking and speeding its way through traffic. She probably ignored a few red lights, but her attention was on the tiny corner housing a police station. Given its close proximity to where the man had been sighted, it was Ruriko's first guess. Sadly, several officers crowded around in a line to block more reporters who had the same guess as Ruriko's.