FANFICTION IDEA: Blades of Flashing Light (Bionicle G2/SW Visions x-over)

Disclaimer: Lucasfilm and Disney own SW, and Lego owns Bionicle (save for maybe an OC, but you'll see that here).

-----

"In all my years, I have never heard of someone possessing a simple sound for a name. 'Eff.' Hmm, very strange."

The young woman simply named "F" turned away from the giant who addressed her. She hoped the hood of her dark cloak would hide the tinge of annoyance in her eyes. If not, she hoped this stranger would believe it to be directed at the jumbled mess of vines trapping her starfighter. Her dark metal mask certainly would have hidden her tiny frown... that is, if she had not left it on the last planet she had visited.

"I meant no offense. Apologies, young one," said the giant who noticed her look, his deep baritone rumbling underneath his own dark cloak.

"No, it is alright," F said at last in her soft voice. Then again, she only ever spoke one other sound and that was when she gave her name.

Her false name.

F's blue eyes twitched at the fact and at everything else. It had been mere hours since she left one world and found herself on this one. Then again, she was not sure if she could think of this place as any planet she had seen or read up on a datapad. The night sky above the great jungle she crashed into was similar to her cloak, half a starless black and the other half an underlying red. Her metal high-heels dug into soft ground, the lights inside their platting whirling with the strange energy underneath.

Twice her size, F's new companion and the only other she encountered in this strange place towered over her. A pair of orange eyes glowed under the hood of his tattered and equally massive cloak. "It may take some time to free your craft. Not just from the vines, but to simply move it."

"Maybe," F said, "but someone once told me 'size matters not.'"

The idiom proved true when she stretched out her human hand. Doing so, she channeled the mysterious power inside of her and extended her senses to telekinetically grab her red and white starfighter. The sleek vessel and its thin wings rose from unraveling vines, ready to be free once more.

Sadly, some of those vines were not undone, still trapping her means of escape in huge knots.

"Please, allow me," the giant said and reached his golden metallic hand for the dark hilt poking out of his back.

Though F stepped back, she watched in amazement at the massive and pale metal blade cutting through dark vines. The breeze from one swing alone blew off her hood. Even the black strands of her asymmetrical haircut were pushed aside, almost obscuring the giant from her sight.

"Better?" he had asked.

"Yes. Thank you," F said after regaining her senses.

With those same senses, she carefully carried her now freed starfighter in between the trees. The fact it rested in front of her on somewhat flat ground was worth the slow pace. She definitely caught the curious, if not amazed, look under her companion's own hood as he watched.

He remained attentive enough for his other golden and big hand to hold F's entire forearm, keeping her steady after exerting herself. "Come, you must rest," he told F, who looked back at him. "Please, I insist. It may not be safe in this area. You may take to your craft while I watch."

Fatigue lurked in F's bodyand mind, despite how much she wanted to say otherwise. Seeing how thisstranger had already rescued her from her starfighter while she wasunconscious, he surely could be trusted to stand guard and watch. Seeing hissword gave that much assurance, even if F's hand drifted to the hilt she kepton her belt.