FANFICTION IDEA: Monsters in the Mountains (A Kamen Rider fanfiction idea)

Disclaimer: Kamen Rider belongs to Shotaro Ishinomori and Toei. I own nothing.

-----

"Where... where am I?"

It was the first of Takeshi Hongo's questions when he awoke. He first winced from a slight ringing, followed by a loud, slow, and constant beep, beep, beep. Then, he looked around a shadowy room through a light haze of red, a haze made by larger lenses covering his eyes. Echoed breathing told him he was wearing a helmet, but he failed to reach over and touch it.

Hongo's breathing quickened after he pulled on his arms and legs. A metal cuff rattled on each limb, keeping them strapped to the table which his back rested on. He pulled again and again, and both his attempts ended the same. On his last try, he heard voices outside the room, not inside.

"... what is going on?" was Hongo's second question, and he focused on the voices to get answers.

"... will need to monitor the energy output..."

"... mind is showing signs of resistance..."

"... worry when we come to it... left is the last of the modifications..."

He had no time to process what he heard over the three mechanical arms lowering from the ceiling. As they hovered over Hongo, he at last saw the faces of three men in lab coats watching inside an observation room and a glass window. Before he could wonder, one mechanical arm placed something on his waist, and another screwed it in.

The loud drill drowned Hongo's rasps, and his body convulsed as much as it could under his restraints. The pain ceased, giving Hongo the chance to rest briefly for what came next.

"... properly placed in. Proceeding with energy transfer."

For the briefest of seconds, Hongo saw the maniacal glee of the scientists. Then, a yellow light overtook him. A gust of wind flew over him, and energy coursed through his body with several volts.

With that energy, Hongo screamed in pain. Lots and lots of pain.

It kept Hongo so busy to notice his left arm had shook in its restraint until he broke free. Having swung the arm so hard, it trembled greatly like the rest of his limbs while he tried to sit up as best as he could. Doing so, he heard one voice speak behind the window again.

"... for security! Quickly!"

A door on the far wall opened, and more figures rushed in. In the light, their dark masked faces moved in and out of Hongo's reddened gaze. Their hands grabbed and tried to restrain him. While he struggled back, his assailants' alarmed voices, and the voices of his captors above, reached his ears.

"He's breaking loose!"

"Hold him down!"

"Quick! Bring that sedative before he breaks-!"

Hongo swung his right arm, the cuff on it going snap. Both his limbs threw the goons off and sent their bodies crashing through the window. Hongo stared at the glassy fragments that had fallen in his prison, and his human eyes widened under his fake ones at the gigantic hole he had made. In that hole, the three scientists stared back in horror. One ran away, shouting for security again. Hongo himself wasted no more time.

Ripping each leg free, he planted them on the table to glare up at the men in white. They were at least five feet up, so he bent his knees to leap and grab the window's edge. He didn't expect to easily leap, soar through the newly-made hole, and crash into the far wall! Concrete and lined lead that stopped Hongo had been torn free too.