FANFICTION IDEA: Vengeance Pact (Prologue 1 for SWTOR AU)

Disclaimer: Don't own SW or SWTOR. They belong to Disney, Lucasfilm, and Bioware, not me.

-----

Death surrounded the boy as his knees were buried deep in the snow. Lying in the frozen wasteland of Ziost were the fallen soldiers of the Sith, who fought and died for their emperor. Their black armored and robed forms lied in frozen graves with the enemies: Mandalorian armor, Jedi robes and even the uniforms of rebellious Sith. And he, a boy no older than fifteen standard years, sat in the center of it.

Ziost's cold winds scattered snowflakes on his black robes and his crimson skin, a sign of his Sith Pureblood heritage. His face was frozen stiff as if encased in carbonite. Tears fell from his eyes, which he focused on a single Pureblooded Sith lying before him. A century of that Sith's life was extinguished in a moment as the shock of defeat marred his crimson face, as the smoking hole of a lightsaber burn penetrated through the dark breastplate of his armor.

Grief filled the Sith boy. Staring back at him were lifeless eyes of the emperor of the Sith; his father. The emperor, who manipulated the Mandalorian Wars and ruled the Sith, lied dead on the snow.

A man's voice broke through the seemingly deafening silence. "What do you have to report?"

"The Sith have gone into retreat," said another man, his voice filtered by a helmet. "All their dead have been taken into account already. Their casualties are higher than ours."

"Any survivors?"

"None," came from the filtered voice.

There was a brief moment of silence, as if contemplating something, before the questioner asked, "What about your prisoner?"

This time, a woman's voice–soft yet with command–emerged as she answered, "We found him at the Sith camp. We brought him here for you to see."

Finally, the boy rose teary eyes to the living beings standing around him. One of them was a woman in Jedi robes while another wore gray Mandalorian armor. Each stood off to either side, avoiding any notice from the Sith boy. His eyes were focused on the two beings standing right before him.

One was a man, dressed in a black cloak and his hood covered his head and red Mandalorian mask. Through the black visor, the boy saw pity and sadness in his eyes, which could not be said for the massive figure next to him. The bald head of a Sith Pureblood stuck out from his black armor and cape, a snarl etched on his crimson face and cheek tendrils, and his red eyes burned with relief at the corpse before him. The other, the boy did not know his name. What he knew was that this was no real Sith Lord. He was a traitor to his own kind, a traitor to his emperor.

The young Sith recognized the other man immediately; Revan, the famed Jedi who discovered the Sith Empire, the one who defeated the Mandalorians and turn on the Sith he made...

... the one who killed his father.

Anger welled inside of the boy. His mind was filled with unadulterated rage. He wanted to let it out, but he stopped. For all of his anger, he knew his limits. He could lash out and attack, and all four of his captors would overwhelm him. So, the young Sith just glared at his father's killer and the traitor.

The Jedi woman's voice broke through the silence, "What should we do with him?"

The Sith traitor, who had remained silent, finally spoke, "We know what to do." A familiar snap-hiss rang from the traitor. The boy did nothing as the traitor's swung his red lightsaber down.