FANFICTION IDEA: Getting the Full Picture (incomplete SW/RWBY x-over)

Disclaimer: Don't own RWBY or SW. Ya'll know who they belong to.

-----

Headmaster Ozpin found his mind to be busy within the past few days. The arrival of Atlas' fleet already put concerns inside his mind, and his talk with General Ironwood, or more commonly James, did not help. Not to mention the sudden increase of White Fang activity, reports of strange robots, and much more. Now, he had sent a team of first-year students out on mission that could prove dangerous for them. Things were moving far too quickly for him, and it left the man wondering how much longer he would have to keep up.

A light and high ping rang in the confines of his office, cutting through the ticking cogs and gears from high above and the wandering thoughts. Ozpin, who had been staring at the campus of Beacon Academy, turned to elevator on the far end. Leaning on his cane, he watched the door slid open and the four riders stepped out.

The four were second-year students, amongst the many Huntsmen and Huntresses in-training who attended his academy. The four members of Team CFVY, or "Coffee"–Coco, Fox, Velvet, and Yatsuhashi–strode down the emerald floor. Ozpin noted some small hints of suspicion and worry on their faces, though they tried to mask it, and the headmaster wore his own mask upon greeting them.

Coco, the leader of Team CFVY, greeted with a nod, as did the rest of her team. "Professor Ozpin, we came as fast as we could," she said.

"Thank you for coming as such short notice," and Ozpin walked to his table. "I have been going over the report of your latest mission. It is most impressive you've managed to hold out against the Grimm for so long."

"It was a team effort, sir," she gestured her gloved hand, her uncovered fingers almost pointing to each teammates.

His bespectacled gaze meeting with Coco, Ozpin smiled a little upon seeing a slight twinge underneath her shades. "Indeed," he continued, "and I do appreciate seeing teams working together. However, I have some questions regarding your mission."

"I mean no disrespect, professor," the large and bulky Yatsuhashi stepped in, confusion in his naturally-narrowed eyes, "but should the information you seek not be in our report?"

"Much of your report was detailed, yes. However, there is a certain portion of that remains somewhat... questionable."

"Which portion?" Coco inquired.

"I hoped you would explain that to me."

There was no response from any of them. Ozpin did not press on, not at first, and instead, he studied his students. Coco was too relaxed to detect any hesitation, Fox was too silent and stoic to show any real signs, and Yatsuhashi was too sturdy to even pry an answer from. So, Ozpin turned to one other team member.

"Miss Scarlatina?"

The small and lone Faunus of group looked a little surprised. "Y-yes, Professor Ozpin?"

"Would be so kind to explain to me what happened within the last few days of your mission?""

Velvet tried to keep a neutral expression, but her long rabbit ears twitched anxiously. He was getting closer, Ozpin realized, and just as he expected, the others came to her defense. "Professor, this is hardly necessary," Coco quickly intervened.

"I think it is," Ozpin countered with an ever-present calm. "The Vytal Festival is coming up, and security has been in question lately. The last thing I want to do is to General Ironwood why my students are keeping secrets that may have dire consequences."

The seriousness in Ozpin's tone and face offset the team. They had not been on the receiving of such an attitude from their rather lax headmaster.

"It's alright," Velvet managed to speak up, looking to Ozpin. "I have nothing to hide. It's just as the report said. After we eliminated most of the Grimm, we returned to camp and went back to the rendezvous point."