FANFICTION IDEA: Mysteries from the Stars (SW/MLP x-over)

Disclaimer: Don't own SW or MLP:FIM. SW belongs to Lucasfilm and Disney, and MLP belongs to Hasbro and Lauren Faust.

-----

"My dearest Twilight,

I'm sorry for sending this message to you so late, but I'm in of need your assistance. Some minutes ago, my sister and I noticed there was something strange. From what I know, the source of this comes from the Everfree Forest, not too far from you. I wish for you and the other Elements of Harmony to search for this.

Now, I must warn you to use extra caution, Twilight. This disturbance felt unlike anything in Equestria. Neither Luna nor I know what it is. Please be safe.

Signed,

Princess Celestia."

That had been the message from more than hour ago, and Twilight couldn't stop herself from worrying during that hour. Having gathered her friends, it wasn't long before they head off towards the disturbance that not only Celestia had warned about, but what had woken up the entirety of Ponywille at night. Of course, they all had to rush in order to catch up with a very fast and speeding Pegasus named Rainbow Dash.

Two large lights from Twilight and Rarity's horn shone brightly and lit the way through the Everfree's darkness. Their hooves–and Spike's claws–pounded on their ground and scared away the tiny insects and critters as they rushed to catch up with the fleeting image of Rainbow.

"Rainbow, wait up!" Twilight called out. The call went unnoticed by the leading speedster.

Suddenly, Rainbow Dash came to a screeching halt. Her eyes narrowed, as if trying to figure out what she noticed was real. When she did, she called over her shoulder, "Hey! I think I've found something!"

Soon, Rainbow's friends came towards her. First came Twilight and Spike with Rarity, the two unicorns depowering their horns. Then, Applejack came with a bouncing Pinkie, and finally, a frightful Fluttershy glanced around her. As they lined up, they all saw what Rainbow found.

"Oh, no!" Rarity's eyes widen in horror. "It's... it's..."

Lying on the grass was tunic. Despite the darkness, there were evidence of small rips stretching from sleeves down to the matching pants and boots. It looked like it was mauled by a manticore, and the large rip on the side only supported that.

"It's a disaster!" Rarity cried out as she rushed to the "victim." "Who would dare ruin such clothing?!"

"Uh... yeah, who would?" Applejack said before turning to Twilight. "Just what do you think happened here?"

Twilight answered. "I don't know. This just seems... well, odd."

"Whoever did this must have been crazy!" Rainbow exclaimed as she hovered over the ruined clothes. "I mean, who leaves their clothes lying around?"

Rarity, still a little distressed, glanced at her. "Perhaps, somepony who didn't wanted to wear it after being so... damaged." She glanced back down. "I mean, it's torn in so many places. It would take days to fix this!"

As Rarity lamented, the rest gathered around the ruined clothes. "Still," Applejack spoke from across Rarity, "what fella wears this? I mean, don't they look strange to y'all?"

Fluttershy, who hovered with Dash, added. "They don't look like a pony's."

"Of course not, Fluttershy," Rarity cut in. "I've had many customers and these clothes certainly do not belong to a pony." She laid a hoof on a sleeve. "And this fabric isn't like anything I've seen."