lxxiii. neverending story

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭
part three

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐭 such a pace that Lily began to worry the cops would chase them down if they happened to be close by

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐭 such a pace that Lily began to worry the cops would chase them down if they happened to be close by. At the speed they were going, it only took them ten minutes to reach the mall. The moment they turned into the parking lot, they saw Billy's car, hurtling towards Nancy and the others.

Steve looked over at the girls, panicked, "Holy crap!"

"He's gonna kill them!" Lily gasped, equally as alarmed.

Steve's expression hardened, "No, he's not" He said, and his grip tightened around the wheel, "You're gonna want to hold on guys" He warned, pressing on the accelerator.

"Oh my god!" Lily exclaimed and she grabbed onto the side of the car, as they flew towards the mall. She quickly realised what Steve was planning on doing and her eyes widened, "Steve Harrington, you're gonna get us killed!"

"Just hang on!" He yelled, over the noise of the engine.

In a matter of seconds, the convertible collided into the side of Billy's car, moments before it reached the others. Steve lost control of the vehicle and they were thrown forwards by the impact. They skidded across the lot, and came to a sharp halt, while Billy's car went up in flames.

"You okay?" Steve asked the girls, breathing heavily.

"Ask me tomorrow" Robin said, quietly.

Lily rubbed her head and nodded, "Yeah, what she said".

A roar came from the roof of the mall and they looked up. What they presumed was the spider monster appeared above them, larger and much more horrifying than Lily had imagined. She glanced at Steve and Robin, both of whom looked pale and as terrified as she felt.

"Oh my god" She heard Robin say.

Then, a car horn sounding caught their attention. Nancy's car pulled up next to them. "Get in, come on!" She called to them, and they gratefully clambered into the trunk. As they hurtled out of the parking lot, Lily looked out of the back window. To her dismay, the creature had climbed down from the roof and had started to chase after them.

"I wish we'd died in the Russian base" She muttered.

Steve, on the other hand had done a headcount of those already in the car, "Wait, this isn't everyone. Where are the others?" He asked and after a quick look at everyone, Lily realised that Max, Eleven, and Mike were missing.