c. defying physics

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐛
part three

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐛part three

𝐁𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐝 upon hearing Robin's voice. They spun around to face her, expressions of excitement still present on both their faces. Robin and the rest of the group, on the other hand, looked far from excited. They looked confused. Eddie in particular looked completely taken aback. Lily figured she and Steve looked like they'd gone mad in the short amount of time they'd been left alone. If it were the other way round, she knew she'd be thinking the same. However, she was too excited to care.

"Henderson, that little shit. He's here!" Steve said, excitedly.

Lily nodded enthusiastically, "He's like, in the walls or something".

Robin looked a little worried, "Do we need to be concerned?"

"Just shut up and listen" Lily snapped, but, at that moment, Dustin conveniently decided to stop talking. "Dustin?" She said, cautiously.

Steve, on the other hand, opted to shout, "Can you hear us?!"

The others continued to stare at them, baffled. "I'm kinda worried for your guys' health" Robin grimaced, "Are you going mad-"

Then, Dustin spoke again and, this time, everyone heard. Lily and Steve stood together, both looking a little smug. "See, we told you!" Lily exclaimed, "He's here. I don't know how, but he's here".

"Thank god" Robin sighed, "I thought you'd both maybe got rabies after all. You know, insanity is one of the symptoms-"

"Dustin!" Eddie yelled, drowning out the rest of Robin's sentence.

They all circled the room, just like Lily and Steve had done, calling out the younger teen's name. After a while, they stopped and Steve said, in an irritated tone, "Either this kid can't hear us, or he's being a total douchebag" Voicing exactly what the others were thinking.

"Will found a way" Nancy said, quietly.

Lily frowned at her, "What?"

"Will" Nancy repeated, "He found a way to speak to Joyce through the lights" She explained and, without saying anything further, she walked over to the closest lamp and clicked it on. When nothing happened, Steve said, unhelpfully, "The switch, try the switch again".

Nancy clicked the switch again, "It's not working" She replied, sounding frustrated, and flicked the switch a few more times.

"Guys?" Steve said, from behind them, "You seeing this?"