iii. have you seen me

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐨 𝐨𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭
part one

𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐦'𝐬 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 to stay home, Lily had decided to sneak out of her window to go to Carol's house that night

𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐦'𝐬 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 to stay home, Lily had decided to sneak out of her window to go to Carol's house that night. Her room was above the garage, so she could easily climb onto the roof and lower herself down. It was the first time she'd snuck out in a while. She was usually sneaking people in, not sneaking herself out.

It was now the following morning and she was stood by her locker, talking to Tommy, Carol and Steve. Cindy had driven her to school again, but had rushed off to the library and had been there ever since, studying for a test.

"So, your mom didn't find out about last night?" Carol asked, "I still can't believe you're on house arrest".

Lily shook her head, "I told her I was going to bed early. I guess she bought it, else she would have said something".

"Oh, speaking of parents" Steve interjected, propping his elbow on her shoulder, "Mine are out of town tonight-"

"Why? Are they finally going to therapy?" Tommy joked.

"Shut up, man" He retorted, "My dad's got a conference and Mom's going with him. So, do you guys wanna come over at eight?" He suggested, then looked at Lily, "Or half eight, if you can't arrive anywhere on time".

Knowing her time keeping was bad, Lily could only frown at him, "Sorry, did you want me to come?" She scowled.

Tommy on the other hand, grinned, "Sweet".

"Who else are you inviting? You haven't asked Little Miss Princess, have you?" Carol asked, reluctantly.

"No, not yet. But I will be" Steve replied, shortly.

Tommy groaned, "If Nancy's coming, you may as well invite Maddison along, too" He mocked, meaning Cindy.

As usual, Lily jumped to defend Cindy, "Stop calling her by her last name. She already feels out of place as it is".

"Because she is out of place with us" Carol interrupted.

Lily rolled her eyes, "Don't pretend like you weren't best friends with her too, in middle school".

Back in middle school, Carol, Lily and Cindy had been an inseparable trio, and it wasn't until Carol started dating Tommy that this changed. Almost overnight, she'd started to act like she and Cindy had never been friends.

"Cool it girls" Steve poked at them, smirking, "Cindy is more than welcome to come" He offered, "It'd be nice to have someone there that won't scare Nancy away".

Then as if on cue, Nancy Wheeler rounded the corner. She was deep in conversation with her friend, Barbara, who was holding a stack of study cards in her hand. Steve saw her almost immediately and made his way over. The others followed close behind, Tommy childishly tweaking Barbara's ear as they passed.