lxi. going underground

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝
part one

𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫 filled the elevator for a few seconds, while they each rushed to grab onto the nearest thing they could find

𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫 filled the elevator for a few seconds, while they each rushed to grab onto the nearest thing they could find. In Lily's case, it was Steve's arm, which she held onto for dear life. The ungodly speed they were going at was making her feel ill. She looked at the others, who all looked just as queasy.

"What the hell!" She yelled, "This isn't happening!"

"It definitely is!" Robin shouted back, and despite the circumstances, Lily still managed to turn and glare at her.

"Shit!" Dustin screamed.

"We're going down!" Steve yelled, grabbing onto Lily.

Robin rolled her eyes, "Yeah, no shit Harrington!"

Dustin, who had staggered back over to the control panel, was repeatedly pressing each of the buttons, "Shit! Why won't these buttons work!" He shouted, continuing to slam his fist into each of them.

"Press the button!" Erica yelled.

"What do you think I'm doing?" He yelled back.

"What use are those buttons now!" Lily screamed at him, which he ignored, "We're already falling, dumbass!"

Then, as fast as the elevator had started falling, it stopped. The jolt sent the the group flying to the floor. Lily fell into Steve's lap, and then the box nearest them to crashed into her stomach, knocking the air out of them.

"My groin, you fell on my groin!" He grunted, and the two of them tried to shift the box that was crushing them.

"Dustin, get this off of me!" Lily called, and he came rushing over to help pull the box off her legs, which was now digging painfully into her thighs, "Quick, it's hurting!"

Together, she and Dustin hauled the heavy box away. Lily stood up and brushed herself down, then held out a hand to help Steve up, "Sorry. Blame the box, not me".

Steve adjusted himself in his shorts before anyone else could see and mumbled, "I hope I can still have kids after that" To Lily, who couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Is everyone okay?" Robin asked, rubbing the back of her head, either out of pain or stress.

At that moment, the seriousness of the situation dawned on Steve. "Yeah, I'm great now that I know the Russians can't design elevators!" He exclaimed. He shoved Dustin out of the way and began to aggressively hit the buttons.

"I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work" Robin pointed out.

"They're buttons! They have to do something!"