xxxiv. lilies

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐞
part three

𝐀𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫, Lily was sat at the dining room table with her parents, repeatedly stealing glances at the clock on the wall, anxiously waiting for Steve to turn up

𝐀𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫, Lily was sat at the dining room table with her parents, repeatedly stealing glances at the clock on the wall, anxiously waiting for Steve to turn up. Her father was home early, and her mom had made wings, which Lily usually loved. However, her stomach had been in knots ever since Cindy had gone missing and she'd barely even looked at the plate in front of her.

"Darling, you've hardly touched your food. I thought you loved wings" Her mom frowned, "Are you feeling okay?"

Lily nodded, "I'm just not that hungry. I had a lot to eat at lunch" She lied, nudging the food across her plate.

"You should eat Lillian, you're looking too skinny at the moment" Her father said to her, helping himself to more.

"I've always been skinny" Lily shrugged, "And I've been exercising a ton, cause of cheer practice"

"Speaking of cheer, when are you planning on stepping down as Captain?" Her father asked, "I think you should start focusing on your finals now".

"My finals?" Lily replied, taken aback, "They're not until next year, it's only just November".

"You need to start putting some effort in if you want to get into college. Your grades are appalling".

Lily hadn't yet told her parents she wasn't going to college. She'd lied about applying to Indiana State, and her parents had believed her. She knew she was going to fail her finals, and her plan was to pretend she'd been rejected because of this, so she'd never have to confess.

"Yeah, I know" She grumbled, "That's all you say to me".

She sulked for the rest of dinner and was subjected to listening to her parent's dull conversation. She forced herself to eat a few bites, to avoid her mom questioning her again, then asked to be excused. "Steve's coming over soon, we need to start our English project. Is that okay?"

Her father nodded, "As long as he's coming for work and nothing else. I still don't trust that kid".

Lily rolled her eyes, "Seriously, Dad? Why else would he be coming over? It's Steve Harrington, my friend".

"You're not exactly one for trying with school projects".

"That's because I don't see the point in doing them. Most of them don't even go towards my grades".

Upon hearing this, her mom cleared her throat, "Speaking of school,your Principal rang me earlier, to tell me that you weren't at school today. Is that right?"