xxi. ghostbusters

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧
part two

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞, a million questions rushed out of Lily's mouth at once, creating an inaudible string of sentences, paired with a few curse words

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞, a million questions rushed out of Lily's mouth at once, creating an inaudible string of sentences, paired with a few curse words. The room they had entered into was littered with broken glass, bits of plaster, and Christmas lights, which hung from ceiling, most of them shattered to pieces. It looked like a scene taken straight from a horror movie.

"What the hell?" She exclaimed, then her vision zoned in on the creature, and she fell back, "What the hell?!"

There was no mistaking that it was the creature she'd seen in the woods. It had the same slender physique, along with the rest of its terrifying features. She shivered and it took all she could not to run out of the door, and not stop until she got back home. In fact, if it weren't for Steve's hand still intertwined with hers, she would have gladly ran to the next town.

"What the hell?!" She said, again, watching as the creature cornered Nancy, who was relentlessly firing bullets at it, all of which simply ricocheted off its skin.

Then, to her amazement, Steve's hand left hers and he lunged forwards. He grabbed what appeared to be a baseball bat with nails hammered into, it from the floor a few metres from them. In one quick move, he swung the bat into the side of the creature, grabbing its attention.

"Steve?!" Lily cried out in bewilderment. Jonathan and Nancy also looked surprised, but more so at the sudden appearance of her and Steve.

The moment Jonathan's surprise subsided, he grabbed Lily's arm and pulled her sharply with him, "Come on!"

He dragged her over to where Nancy was stood, out of the way of the chaos. The three of them stood watching in awe, as Steve continued to attack the creature with the nailed bat. At first, Lily was confused why he seemed to be leading it further into the house, but then her eyes fell upon the bear trap a few feet away.

It only took a few more hits until Steve had the creature caught in the device, "It's in the trap!" Jonathan yelled.

"That's a good thing, right?!" Lily asked, still bewildered.

"Jonathan, now!" Nancy shouted, and the younger teen tossed a lighter towards the trap, setting it alight.

Lily felt Steve's arm wrap tightly around her waist and pull her away from the flames with such force, it knocked the breath out of her. With her eyes wide from both confusion and shock, she watched as the fire grew, until it had the creature totally surrounded.

"Son of a bitch" She cursed, the screeching coming from it causing her to fling her hands over her ears.

After a few moments waiting, Jonathan grabbed a fire extinguisher from besides him and yelled to the others to stand back. With his arm still wrapped around Lily, Steve held his hand up to shield them both from the heat and smoke from the fire, as Jonathan extinguished it.