- when king meets queen

𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐨
hawkins high school, september 1981

𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝, Lily made her way through Hawkins High for the first time, trying to work out where her Biology class was

𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝, Lily made her way through Hawkins High for the first time, trying to work out where her Biology class was. It was her first day of Freshman year and she was lost. Neither Cindy or Carol, or even Carol's boyfriend, Tommy were in her first period, so she was having to find her own way there.

The one day she hadn't meant to be late to class, and she was running late. The hallway was quickly emptying, and every person she seemed to ask for directions was a Freshman too. It took her two laps of the building to find the right classroom.

"Sorry I'm late" She said to her teacher, throwing open the door, "I got lost, this school is like a maze".

The teacher nodded, "You're a Freshman, so I'll let you off. What's your name, so I can mark your attendance?"

"Lily Andrews" Lily answered, looking over at the blackboard. Mr Taylor was written across the top, which she guessed was the teachers name. Her brother had talked about him before, she was sure of it.

"Are you John Andrews' sister?" Mr Taylor asked.

She fought the urge to roll her eyes. John's perfect grades at high school meant that her teachers almost always expected the same from her, "Yeah, I am. Unfortunately".

"I can see the resemblance" Mr Taylor said, gesturing to her face. Lily rubbed her nose awkwardly, waiting to be told where to sit. Teachers always liked her, before they got to know her. "Take that empty desk at the back, next to-" Mr Taylor continued, then he paused, looking at the student sat next to the empty seat.

"Steve Harrington" The student finished for him.

Lily immediately recognised him. He was best friends with Carol's boyfriend, and had been the notorious bad boy of Hawkins Middle School. Being of a similar status, Lily knew who he was, and vice versa. However, she had never much liked the look of him, so had tried to avoid him as much as possible. She'd achieved this in middle school, as they'd never shared any classes. But, judging by how her first day of Freshman year was going so far, it seemed like high school was going to be different.

She made her way over to the back of the room and sat down at the desk by the window. She propped her elbows up and focused on Mr Taylor, trying to work out if she'd missed anything. However, a few seconds later she snapped her head towards Steve, who was staring.

"Can I help you?" She asked him, frowning.

"Lily Andrews?" The boy asked her.

"Yeah, you know that" Lily scoffed, "We've met before".