xcv. the shire is burning

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐯𝐞
part three

𝐄𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐩𝐭, eaten or drank for a while, which was most likely true

𝐄𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐩𝐭, eaten or drank for a while, which was most likely true. The moment he was passed a small flask of water, he pounced on it. While he drank, he explained what had happened. He told them how Jason and a few boys from the basketball team had found him at the boathouse. He had taken a boat out onto Lover's Lake to escape, but they had followed him.

"And that was when Patrick did that same bendy shit that Chrissy did" He said, sitting down on a nearby rock, a troubled look in his eye, "He was lifted straight out of the water, and then-" He paused to take a breath, "When I got to the shore, I tried calling you guys, but my walkie was busted. So, I did the only thing that I do now. I ran".

"Do you know what time this was? The attack?"

"Yeah, I know exactly what time it was. My walkie wasn't the only thing that got soaked" Eddie frowned, taking off his watch and tossing it to Nancy, who deftly caught it.

"Nine twenty-seven" She read aloud.

"Same time our flashlights went kablooey" Robin said.

"Which means what, exactly?" Steve asked.

"That that surge of energy was Vecna attacking Patrick".

"Well, I guess we're one step closer. We know how Vecna attacks" Robin shrugged.

"And where he attacks from" Lucas added.

"So, now we just need to sneak into his lair in the Upside Down and drive a stake through his heart" Max said.

"If he even has a heart" Robin scoffed.

"A stake? Is he like a vampire?" Steve frowned.

"It was a metaphor" Max replied, dryly.

"A bullet should work on him, right?" Eddie suggested.

"I say we chop his head off" Lucas chimed in.

"No, we should-" Lily began, but she sighed, "Henderson, stop pacing, it's stressing me out!" She called to Dustin, who had been pacing up and down, not listening to a word they were saying. He ignored Lily and continued.

"Is he not annoying you?" She frowned at the others.

"I'd say all the above, but we can't do any of that until we find a way into the Upside Down" Nancy interrupted.