x. the photograph

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐲
part two

𝐀𝐥𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐚𝐥 they'd head back to class after talking to the cops, they made straight for the girls bathroom instead, to waste the last fifteen minutes of the period

𝐀𝐥𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐚𝐥 they'd head back to class after talking to the cops, they made straight for the girls bathroom instead, to waste the last fifteen minutes of the period. Lily was starting to dread going home, now that her mom knew about Tuesday night. However, what worried her most was how her father would react when he inevitably found out as well.

"My mom's gonna kill me" Lily frowned, checking her appearance in the mirror, "She doesn't know I went out on Tuesday, and if she tells my dad, I'm in deeper shit".

"At least your parents care" Carol shrugged, and Lily felt a pang of guilt. Carol's mom had left town years ago, and Carol had practically brought up her younger brother by herself, as her father was hardly ever home.

Seeing her guilty expression, Carol laughed, "Well anyway, if you're not dead before the weekend, do you wanna go into town on Saturday? I need some new cassettes".

Lily nodded, "If I'm not grounded then yeah, definitely".

"Awesome, I can give you a ride" Carol grinned.

"We could go to the Hawk to see that new Tom Cruise movie as well" Lily added, "I know it's showing there".

"Your crush on Tom Cruise is weird" Carol chuckled.

"Why? You think he's hot too".

Carol laughed, "It's weird cause he looks a lot like the boy you absolutely refuse to hook up with".

"If you're talking about Steve, please shut up. We're not gonna hook up, that ship sailed in Freshman year" Lily said, scowling, "And you're only saying he looks like Tom Cruise cause he has brown hair".

"Whatever" Carol teased, brushing her off, "You guys have been spending a lot of time together recently. I was saying to Tommy the other day how close you are-"

"He's needed advice to do with Nancy, his girlfriend".

Carol rolled her eyes, "Oh, come on. We all know that won't last long. When it ends, you should get in there".

"Jesus, stop!" Lily retorted, "Steve and I are friends. If I wanted us to be anything more don't you think I'd tell you?" She grumbled, "But trust me, if I ever change my mind, you'll be the first to know" She added, sarcastically.

Then, after a long pause, she reluctantly said, "I guess he does kinda look like Tom Cruise" And although she was only just admitting it, she'd thought it for a while.

"Don't make the mistake I did and tell him, he still talks about it now" Carol warned, "It totally went to his head".

"Like when he found out people were calling him King Steve and he paraded around school all day?" Lily giggled.