lv. storms and spies

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝
part one

𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭 promising Hawkins another week of sun, Monday had been dismal so far

𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭 promising Hawkins another week of sun, Monday had been dismal so far. The warm weather had broken, and a thunderstorm had been raging across the town all afternoon. Unfortunately for Lily, she had been on lifeguard duty when the storm had started. She'd been soaked through to the skin and had had to dry herself as best she could in the locker room.

She was now stuck inside with her colleagues, unable to do anything but wait for the rain to stop. Company policy meant that the pool could not open to visitors until at least half an hour after the last strike of lightning.

"Do I have to stay here?" Lily grumbled, pushing herself up to sit on the reception desk and pouting at Eddie, her manager, "I finish in half an hour, and I bet the rain won't have stopped before then".

"But, what if it does clear up by then? Heather isn't here, so there'd be no one to watch the pool if you left now".

"How about you let me go once Billy gets here?" She continued, eager to get to the mall as soon as she could. She knew the others at Scoops would already be talking about the Russian code and she was feeling left out.

"You're not gonna stop asking until I say yes, aren't you?"

Lily nodded, "That would be correct".

Eddie sighed, "Fine. You can go once Billy gets here. But you're gonna have to come in early next shift to make up for it".

"Sure" She shrugged, "Thanks Ed".

"Call me Ed again and I'll change my mind" He warned, "Now get off the desk and find useful something to do, like sorting out all the crap in the storeroom, which you were meant to do two weeks ago".

Lily rolled her eyes and reluctantly slid off the desk, "I've been putting it off cause it's a mess" She complained, dragging her feet as she made her way over to the door.

She spent the next twenty minutes in the storeroom, trying to sort through the clutter that littered the shelves, most of which she tossed in the trash. "I'm done" She said, emerging back into the foyer, "Is Billy here?"

"No, not yet, but I don't think the storms gonna be over anytime soon, so you can go" Eddie answered, briefly looking up from the magazine he was flicking through.

"Thanks, you're the best" Lily grinned.

"Oh, before you go-" Eddie began, and Lily turned back around, "I just had two girls come in and ask after you. I dunno how they got it, but they had Heather's bag, and I think they thought it was yours".