xv. petty crime

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫
part two

𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠. She sat up and looked down at Steve with a frown, unsure of how he was going to handle what had happened the previous day. She knew he'd want to talk to Nancy, but she also knew that he was easily influenced by Tommy, and would likely do whatever he suggested, no matter how reckless.

She patiently waited for Steve to wake up, and once he did, she smiled at him, "Good morning, sunshine" She said, putting on a sing-song voice, "How was the floor?"

"It was pretty comfortable, thanks" He yawned, "But I would've slept better if you hadn't tossed and turned for most of the night" He grumbled.

"I don't move around that much" Lily retorted, slinging a pillow towards him, which was swiftly thrown back in her direction. She tucked it under her arm and paused, wanting to bring up last night, "So, do you want to talk about what happened with Nancy?" She asked, cautiously.

"There's nothing to talk about, I know what I saw".

Lily began to form a reply, but was cut short by the phone on her nightstand ringing, startling them. With a sigh, she rolled over and grabbed the receiver, "Hello?"

"Lil, do you wanna go into town in like an hour?" Came Carol's voice from the other end of the line.

"Sure" Lily replied, and after a pause she asked, "Should I invite Steve? I'm guessing Tommy's gonna come".

Steve heard his name and snapped his head up, "Who are you talking to?" He hissed.

"Carol" She mouthed back, and he looked disappointed, as if he were expecting it to be someone more exciting.

"Speaking of Steve, have you heard from him yet? Tommy tried to call him this morning, but he's not picking up".

"No" Lily lied, quickly deciding not to tell Carol that Steve had slept over. She figured he wouldn't want either of their other friends to know how upset he'd been the previous night, "I can hang up and try calling him now?"

"Well, if he answers, tell him to meet us at the record store in an hour" Carol replied, "And see if he'll give you a ride. I'm at Tommy's house, so he's closest to you".

"Okay, see you later" Lily nodded, and she put the phone back down, "We're meeting Tommy and Carol in town in an hour" She said to Steve, "So, get your ass in gear".

He nodded, "How come you didn't tell her I was here?"

"You came over last night cause you were upset, after telling her and Tommy that you were fine" Lily shrugged, "So, I presumed you wouldn't want me to say anything".